Hilton Prague
US$455
US$425
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Galileo Prague(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$117
Trip.com
Golden Well Hotel(Prague)
US$863
US$476
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
Hotels.com
5,272 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecloud barold townczech househuge hotelviking cruiseduty managerminute walkpublic areasbreakfast buffetexcellent hoteltop floormodern hotelmetro stationczech republiccity centrebeautiful city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Then I recommend booking your Prague stay at the Hilton. Here all your dreams of being average and just another customer will come true.
But first lets start off with the good stuff: the exterior as well as the interior are quite impressive. It is huge and really looks nice at the first glance.
But as soon as you spend more time here you will see the facade fade.
The room (we had a King Hilton Guest Room) is… ok, I guess. Carpets could use a good cleaning, the bathtub had stains from the anti-slippery bath mat which apparently were not removable and the flat screen had so many pixels I kind of got nostalgic. And I know art is subjective but the pictures in the room reek of bad taste. Other then that I would give the room maybe 3 out of 5 points. What I liked is that the offer to remove the drinks and foods out of the mini bar so you can use it for your own food.
We ordered room service more than once and the food was very good and the prices ok for that quality, I can recommend it.
The cleaning each day could have been more accurate and I wish they had changed the pillowcases and sheets just once during our 5 night stay.
But the hotel consists of a lot more than just the room, so I thought maybe all the other add ons will justify the 5 stars and the price.
Let’s start with the pool and spa area. We were greeted from a nice woman who gave us each a towel. I was wondering if the towels were for infants because there is no way that was a pool towel but apparently that is all that you get. The towels are in very poor condition, not even one I got during my stay when going to the pool or spa was not broken somewhere. The pool however is quite large and the water seems fresh and clean, that is a big plus. The whirlpool on the other hand is in bad shape and the plastic is kind of yellowish where the water is being pumped out. Also the floor in the pool area and the changing area is not very clean. A lot of hairs lying around…yikes.
The breakfast is in a grand dining room, which is impressive with huge chandeliers. The food however does not live up to the room. There are so many people being served that you and your needs just become unimportant. The staff - even though there is a lot - seems overwhelmed, like it is just too much for them. On the first morning I had to bring it to their attention that the music that was playing was stuck and every 10 seconds it rewound. They didn’t notice but after 5 mins of the same 10 second passage I just couldn’t wait for them anymore. They bring you coffee or tea to your table. The normal coffee in the pot is not drinkable so I recommend you getting an espresso.
They have an omelet-station and with a little waiting time you get a fresh omelette which tastes good. Baked goods are also ok, English breakfast including beans also fine. Everything is just that… fine. Not great, not new, not special… fine. If you’re coming here to have a fine time, you will not be disappointed.
Another thing we were excited about was the rooftop bar and the view really is awesome. On our first visit during the day the staff was very nice and friendly. The second time around not so much. We were there on a thursday night and even though it is not a huge bar and there was enough staff we waited for 20 minutes for a beer and one cocktail. And I think the DJ was the same guy who choose the pictures in the rooms… I just can’t believe that there are actually two human beings having such awful taste.
The floors to your room to the elevator and back was in a bad condition - it was dirty and smelled rotten. A lot of times people were putting there trash and old food outside. That is ok, if the stuff gets picked up by the staff, which wasn’t always the case - or at least not in a timely manner. I must have walked by the same old sandwich sitting outside someones door 5 times in a 4 hour window on our first day and nobody seemed to care enough to pick it up. That is even though the cleaning ladies were seen all the time on the floor.
Also there are some service elevators you can enter normally without them being clearly labeled. The smell there is not very good and so we got out in some left alone room with nobody there on our first morning on our way to breakfast. The kitchen entrance was somewhere around there and even though people saw us wandering around aimlessly the didn’t seem to care enough to ask if we were lost.
Before our last night I asked for a late check out and normally that is not a problem with Hilton Honors, but in this case apparently it was not possible, because they were book out. I only wanted a 2-hour extension, but that was not made possible even though while we were here the cleaning ladies were cleaning rooms until late late in the afternoon, it should not have been a problem to just clean our room a little later, but not even that service was available in this 5 star hotel.
All in all it is very easy to determine if a stay was satisfactory or not: Would I stay here again? No. Would I recommend it to anyone? Only if I didn’t like them very much...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nadine G
Reviewed 14 August 2014

It is never easy finding a nice hotel that can accommodate a family (2 adults and 2 children) in the same room and be close to the center of town, so I was happy to find this hotel could do just that. From the time I made my reservation, to the time I checked out my experience with the hotel was outstanding. We were greeted at the hotel for pick-up (very reasonably priced), sent to the executive floor for check-in, and offered to make our way to the lounge, as our room was not ready. There were several special touches during our stay: swan shaped towels on our bed, rose petals, a bottle of wine and chocolates (I mentioned it was our anniversary, during my reservation.), robes/slippers, bottled water in the rooms, evening turn-down, made-to-order breakfast, the list goes on and on. The executive lounge was everything mentioned in other posts - fantastic! THe staff was outstanding!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amanda m
Irina M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Greetings from the Hilton Prague Hotel!

I was delighted to read your beautiful review about your stay in our property and was happy to learn, that your stay with us was a great one.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, and we will be looking forward to hosting you and your family again in the future.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a very welcoming hotel - staff friendly, helpful and smiling faces. We found it a little further away from town but we were quite comfortable getting a very reasonably priced day ticket for the metro and the station wasn't far to walk. The rooms were clean and spacious, the breakfast was fabulous in the beautiful ballroom. Good table service with coffee and great food selection. Thoroughly spoiled. Bed linens and towels fresh and clean. Would definitely stay again if we're ever lucky enough to return to Prague.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LateTravelers

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel while visiting Prague.

It was a pleasure for me to note, that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

I will be looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel again in the future.

With warm greetings,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I wish TripAdvisor would have a sixth star, to be awarded once to an unparalleled experience. This would best describe our visit to the Hilton Prague.
The aspect that made this stay exceptional and unforgettable was the level of service. My wife and I have never encountered such a level before. Everyone, from the receptionists to the cleaning staff and from the waiters to the duty manager, were friendly, helpful, and always took an extra mile to make us feel welcomed and taken care of.
Other than that, the rooms were clean, comfortable, and with enough space. We also enjoyed the food served in the hotel’s bar and restaurants.
We can state for certainty that this was the best hotel stay experience we have ever had.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doix

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Prague Hotel and for writing such a beautiful review about your stay.

With great pleasure I read that you remained extremely satisfied with our facilities and with the services provided by our team.

The whole Hilton Prague Team is looking forward to hosting you again in the near future and to arranging another memorable stay for you.

Looking forward to your returns and wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed 3 days in the Hotel for touristic purposes.The hotel is also used mostly by tourists.It has very huge rooms and seperated WC in the room,it is also good idea and the room was very clean.But no wifi in the rooms unless you must pay 23 Euro per day.
Hotel is in a very good location,we havent used any transportation to reach touristic places and city center. Prefered breakfast at the hotel and it is quite well and charmly.

Room Tip: rooms on the river side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
EmmaB B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially the hotel location. We hope to welcome you back real soon!

Yours sincerely