“Superb Hotel”
Review of Hotel Julian

Hotel Julian
Ranked #24 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I am just back from spending 5 nights here. The location is great. It is in a quiet street just out of the centre. There is a tram stop just round the corner which is 6 stops away from Wenceslas Square with good connections up to the castle. There are some good eating places within a gentle strolling distance. The hotel is well appointed and comfortable. It is very clean. Breakfast is good, I ate in the restaurant which was good and very reasonably priced. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. The roof terrace affords some splendid views over the city and up to the castle.
The staff are magnificent. They are approachable, knowledgable and attentive. They helped me a lot. All really lovely people. Even if everything else had been mediocre I would still have rated the place highly just because of the staff but the whole package was just superb.
This hotel had everything for me. I would certainly go back. I agree pretty much with other positive comments made.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Dear guests,

first of all I would like to thank you for your long stay with us. I do appreciate your time devoted to this review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and would come back. Thank you very much for pointing out the hotel staff, It was pleasure of everyone to make your stay comfortable.

You are always welcome here.

Enjoy the autumn.

Radka Římalová

Write a ReviewReviews (1,713)

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I have just returned from a three day break in Prague.. with my husband and another couple. This hotel was just perfect. Lots of character, polite, helpful staff and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.The location is excellent, only a 15 minute stroll to the centre. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant the first evening after a long day travelling. The restaurant is more like a bar, however the waitress/barmaid made us feel very welcome and was friedly and chatty. Our first experience of Czech food was gorgeous. Goulash and dumplings which was very welcome indeed!! Bedrooms are absoluteley spotless, bright and modern. Breakfast is delicious, tasty and fresh. Scrambled eggs were loveley, toast and fresh juice in good supply, also cakes, croissants, meats and cheese. We arranged several taxis at reception when dining in the city at night, this was easily done. All in all and excellent stay, we would highly recommend this reasonably priced hotel to anyone staying in this most beautiful city. We all hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear traveling couples,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I do appreciate your feedback written here. I am happy our hotel was just perfect for you and your first experience with Czech cuisine at our hotel was gorgeous. Thank you so much for your nice words a recommendation.

I am looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I agree with all the positive comments given by other people. Hotel Julian definitely added to the enjoyment of our few days in Prague. All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Each afternoon we would come back for a rest before going out again and found it very comfortable and relaxing to have tea and cake in the library. We were soon refreshed and ready to do some more exploring.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your nice review, I do appreciate that! I am happy you agree with other positive reviews and that we could have contributed to your comfortable holiday in Prague. You are always welcome here!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Location 20 minute walking from old town, 5 min by tram
Clean, designed , well maintened hotel. Helpfull and kind stuff. Breakfast Ok, not more then Ok , but it's enough. You can buy pub.transport tickets at reception.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your holiday in Prague. I appreciate your review, thank you for your time.

I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 October 2012

Hotel Juliian is great place to get away from the city center. There is a tram stop very close to the hotel, so getting around the city is easy. You are able to buy tram tickets at the front desk. The hotel employees are very helpful, especially Paul at the front desk. A computer is available for guests to use in the lobby area. There is a charming restaurant on the property, and it's very good. The roof top terrace is lovely for an afternoon glass of wine. You can have dinner out there, but I would advise making a reservation, as it was full the evening we wanted to dine outside. Breakfast provided a large variety of different foods, from fresh fruit, yogurt, meats, cheese, breads, as well as hot selections. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. Highly recommend staying here when in Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and for taking time to write a review, I do appreciate that!

I am happy Paul and other hotel staff were helpful during your stay. I am also delighted you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant and glass of wine at the terrace. Thank you for you recommendation.

You are always welcome here.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

It's a short tram ride to the old town, and the tram stop is about 100yds from the door - very convenient, yet out to the craziness of the Old Town.
Staff was very helpful and friendly, the breakfast was excellent, including scrambled eggs and sausages every morning.
Roof top terrace is great.
Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We had a 3d floor room facing the interior courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCDog
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen hotel Julian for your stay in Prague. I appreciate that you took your time to share your comments with other travelers here. Thank you very much for your recommendation, I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We were able to pre book this hotel early at exceptional value. This was our last hotel of many on our tour of Eastern Europe and possibly the best. Researching many of our selected hotels prior to our departure we were again very satisfied. This Hotel is Quiet, Clean and has Character.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third foor, in room 302 at the rear of the Hotel. Quiet ,Clean and Comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Guests,

thank you for your stay with us and your nice words. I am happy our hotel was your last one during your Europe travelling and possibly the best, I do appreciate that! We hope we will see you again!