“Loved the Hotel Julian”

Ranked #26 of 670 Hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Hotel Julian”
Reviewed 29 May 2006

Booked it based on reviews on tripadvisor, we were not disappointed, two couples
stayed in suites and they were roomy and very modern bathrooms, single stayed in a room that was small, but she felt very comfortable. The staff was wonderful. There was internet access on a computer in the lobby at a very nominal cost. The breakfast was a very nice selection. Had sandwiches from the restaurant and desserts and they were very good. Location is walkable to most sites and trolley is nearby, hotel sells tickets for trolley and for certain concerts. We were met at the airport by a car service arranged by the hotel. Suggest eating at the Savoy restaurant nearby, we ate there three times twice for lunch and once fordinner. Stay at the Julian was a great value. We would rate it as excellent.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Lake Forest, Ca
Reviewed 24 May 2006

At the time I made the reservation, this was the No 1 Prague hotel on Trip Advisor. While we had a perfectly decent stay, I find it hard to believe this is No 1. The rooms were fine, the breakfasts were good and the prices were decent. The staff was nice enough if not overly helpful. The location was merely adequate. To go anywhere required a hefty walk or a tram ride. I have to imagine there are good hotels that are closer to the old town or castle area.

Also our bed was rock hard and the pillows were tiny. I know that can happen in other countries, but I feel compelled to mention it.

If I return to Prague I would look for another hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank scarpia
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 21 May 2006

The Hotel Julian staff just took us under their wing from the moment that their car service picked us up on the train platform. They could answer any question, provide us with tranportation tickets, concert information, shopping tips, you name it. The rooms were large, comfy and welcoming. We had one dinner in their restaurant, which was delicious, and even had some room service dessert one night - and they don't charge extra for that service! Breakfast was great and had plenty of both cold and hot foods.
The hotel caters to people who, like us, didn't have train tickets out until late at night, so that even though we had to check out of our rooms, they have lockers for our luggage, restrooms, sandwiches and drinks in the lobby, so we still had a base and a haven throughout the day.
We fell in love with Prague and definitely plan to return and will also return to the Julian!

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank p1997
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 May 2006

Last weekend, I was at this hotel with my wife and son. I have to say than it is an impresive hotel regarding its 3 stars. You can reach the city centre in a 10 - 15 minutes lovely walk. The restaurant, although small, has a good ambient and the food is very good and cheap.You can use for free a tea service, iron service, shoe cleaning, internet and many more services.
The staff is very helpful. I wouldn't doubt to repeat.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasanton , California
Reviewed 20 May 2006

I stayed at the Hotel Julian for 3 nights in May. I had a arranged for the limo service from the hotel to pick me up from the airport which was very convenient. I arrived at the hotel around noon and my room was already ready. I was very pleased when I saw the room. It was alot larger than some other rooms I have had in London or Paris. There was room to move. It had a double bed then a twin bed which was like a sofa and a desk. My bathroom was also quite nice. It had a circular type tub. Also in the room you had a hot water pot so you could make coffee or tea.

The hotel seems to be located a little out of town but I walked everywhere. There is transportation nearby but Prague is not that large. I ate in the restaurant downstairs twice since I was by myself. I had two meals there and they were quite good. There are other restaurants nearby. If you ask the clerk they are very helpful and will recommend good places to go. The breakfast at the hotel consisted of various juices, coffee or tea. Then you had eggs, bacon, sausages, cereals, yougurt, toast, rolls, cold cuts and cheeses. Usually I was never hungry for lunch after eating breakfast.

All in all I was very happy staying at this hotel and I would stay here again. The price was reasonable and I was happy with the accomodations. It was clean and well kept and in a quiet area of town.

9 Thank Tigerlily6550
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 May 2006

Spent 3 nights at the end of April/early May at the Hotel Julian where we were made very welcome. The staff, without exception, were all lovely and looked after us during our visit. The hotel is not too far from the centre and as we had lovely weather, it was a pleasant 15 minute walk into the centre (there is a fair amount of graffiti in the area though). Like other reviewers, we would recommend the hotel's taxi service which was so convenient. On arrival, the driver (a friendly, English-speaking guy)was there to meet us.

Even though we were early, the hotel had our room ready within 10 minutes and provided us with a coffee and cake whilst we waited. The first night we ate in the hotel - the food was good value if a little plain. The breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and nicely presented. We also ate at Cantina (good Mexican down the road towards the castle) and the Cafe Savoy which was beautiful inside and did lovely cakes!

There is plenty to do and see in Prague for a few days. We especially enjoyed the castle, the Charles Bridge and the old town. Take time to wander around the quaint streets and enjoy a coffee or glass of wine in one of the many cafes (prices are reasonable too). We walked a lot but saw so much on foot

We would defintely stay at the Hotel Julian again - it was reasonable value and comfortable in a good location. The late check-out service was a bonus - being able to leave our luggage for the day and freshen up before returning home in the evening.

• Stayed April 2006
9 Thank JudithAnne713
London, UK
Reviewed 6 May 2006

Booked the hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor, and hate staying in the "big name" hotels - was not disappointed.

Perfectly run with a Czech background, the staff are friendly and the hotel itself clean and very welcoming. Well stocked tea/coffee facilities in the room. Breakfast a good selection especially as only a small hotel. Great feature is the facility for those leaving well after check out time - great big storage lockers to put your cases in so you can wander around Prague for a final time, before coming back- freshening up in the bathroom, including showering if you really want before leaving.

Would also highly recommend the hotel chauffeur service, booked our collection from airport before we left UK, the hotel confirmed all on the email by return. When we arrived there He was, ready and waiting, Great Guy. We booked him for taking us back to airport - totally reliable, reasonable cost and takes the stress out of transfers!!. All in all loved Prague - a beautiful city full of so many different experiences, still relatively cheap and the hotel just a 10 minute walk from the centre of it all.

10 Thank ShellandPhil