“Good, convenient hotel in Prague”
Review of K+K Hotel Fenix

K+K Hotel Fenix
Ranked #142 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Paris, France
“Good, convenient hotel in Prague”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was a nice hotel - very central. The rooms were clean and the service impeccable.

My only problem is that there is a strip club close by. We ate at the Mexican restaurant in front of the hotel (good food btw) but the customers from the club harassed the waitress. It made me very uncomfortable. I recommend staying there, just be aware that some of your neighbors could be rowdy. This might be an issue for some particularly for women traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in the K&K as part of a city break in Prague last November and was highly impressed - at first glance, yes it can feel a bit weird given that you have cabaret clubs next door to it, but throughout my stay, I heard no noise from it nor did I see any evidence of anti-social behaviour.

Sticking with the location, it is ideal being that is right next to Wenceslas Square - a short bus journey/trip on the underground and you're there, for very little cost.

Reception staff are very friendly, very accommodating (able to provide me an Iron and Ironing board to help me out in my time of need) and the hotel itself was spotless - my room was more than adequate for what I needed. A breakfast bar is also available, with a very nice presentation of hot and cold foods.

Definitely would recommend a stay at the K&K if you are visiting Prague - 5* in every aspect

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Comfortable room, very good breakfast. Clean, elegant and modern hotel. Staff very helpful. Elevetor running and the hotel offers also a spa service. The position is very handy, there is no need to use the underground since it is close to the city center.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear valued guest from Milan,

thank you for choosing our K+K Hotel Fenix for your recents stay in Prague.

We are thrilled about your 5* "fantastic hotel" review. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel room, breakfast as well as the location. Thank you also for mentioning our spa service - we are offering free entry to the wellness center with fitness and sauna to all our guests and in addition it is possible to reserve a massage too.

Thank you for your feedback and we will be happy to welcome you back to Prague and to K+K hotel Fenix sometime again.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is in a very convenient location just off Wenceslas Square and only a short walk to the old town. There are clubs near to the hotel but it is not an issue as no one pays any attention to you and in no way do you feel unsafe. The staff on reception were helpful and pleasant. We had booked an executive room and to be honest I did not notice any difference between this room and the classic ones in Vienna and Budapest which we stayed in (also K&K hotels). You do get a chocolate left on the bedside table when they make up your room and there were extra toiletries in the bathroom (hand cream, lip balm) but apart from that there was not any difference in the actual room itself. There was a buffet for breakfast and this was very good although the hot food was slow to be replenished. I would stay here if visiting Prague again.

Room Tip: We had an inside room and it was very quiet. We heard absolutely nothing the whole time we were the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest from Paisley,

thank you for choosing the K+K Hotels for your trips round the European cities. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in K+K Hotel Fenix and that you liked the location of the hotel as well as the service provided by our team. I am sorry we did not live up your expectations in regard to the executive room. I am sorry I was not aware of that during your stay to sort it out, unfortunately at the moment I am not able to check on it due to the lack of details of your stay.

We thank you for your feedback. If you plan to come back again, please contact me directly (barbora.slachova@kkhotels.cz) and I will personally make sure the executive room is according to your expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Prague and K+K Hotel Fenix back again.

Kind regards,

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an excellent modern central hotel, catering to a mainly private clientele from across the globe, quiet clean, spacious rooms, pleasantly furnished, with good wifi (free). Excellent buffet breakfast and delightful staff... the modest price I imagine is that it is in Smeckach, about 100m from Wenceslas square, the street known for its enormous 'carbaret' club which is right next door, with further adult offerings opposite.... not that they are really a nuisance but I imagine some would take offence.

Room Tip: The building is H shaped so the rooms to the rear or onto the internal court yards are very quiet, t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear valued guest,

let me thank you for choosing K+K Hotel Fenix for your recent stay and for taking time to write a review about it. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

Thank you for your feedback and the tips for other travellers and we hope to welcome you back to Prague and K+K Hotel Fenix in the near future again.

Otakar John
Shrewsbury, UK
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Couldn't fault our experience at this hotel. Perfect location just off Wenceslas Square. We used the hotel's taxi service both ways and the driver was there when we landed. Was 35 degrees in Prague but rooms were air conditioned with comfy king size beds. I had asked for a quiet room and got one on the 5th floor at the back of the building away from the lift so was perfect. Breakfast was a lovely buffet with hot and cold items, pastries, cereals and fruit - even sparkling wine. We went at varying times from early until late and it was always replenished and we had no problem getting a table. All the staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend - especially as we only paid £70 per night for B & B.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

thank you for choosing K+K Hotel Fenix for your recent stay in Prague and for taking time to write a review about it. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed everything what our hotel can offer including the room, breakfast and location as well as our limousine service. With pleasure I will share your feedback with the whole team and the taxi drivers.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and K+K Hotel Fenix again, in the near future.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed over a long weekend in Prague in the hotel. The service was very good the rooms tidy and clean, the internet connection was working perfectly, air conditioning was great.
Because of construction / roadblocks we had some trouble getting into the hotel and one might get some trouble with parking because only locals are allowed to park in the street - of course everything because of the inner district. The garage of the hotel is somewhat tight and because we only got free place on a duplex parking facility, we had to call the personnel and wait when we wanted to leave. A little bit cumbersome, but it was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gabor S
OtakarJohn, General Manager at K+K Hotel Fenix, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Gabor S,

thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about your recent stay in K+K Hotel Fenix. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the staff service, rooms as well as the internet connection working well. On the other hand, I am sorry to learn you had some difficulties with parking. I understand that it can be an issue in the city center and we are happy to offer our guests parking in the hotel garage. Our staff memebers are always ready to help with the car lifts if needed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and K+K Hotel fenix again, in the near future.

Kind regards,