Design Hotel Jewel Prague
Hotel Liberty(Prague)
Jungmann(Prague)
Mustek Hotel(Prague)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbedtime storyweather forecastno elevatorturn down servicetrue jewelfruit infused wateramethyst roomruby roomold townevery eveningsingle roomlittle touchesperfect locationsmall liftgreat boutiquesmall hotelpillow menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Quite possibly one of the best reasonably priced boutique hotels I've stayed in Europe. (I've apparently visited 26% of the world according to some facebook app so would consider myself a reasonably seasoned traveller!)

The decor sleek and stylish, comfortable rooms/beds (our twin room 'Ruby' had 2 beds as well as a long sofa/dday bed), very clean, and excellent service both at front desk and bar (where my friend and I spent a fair bit of time endulging the wonderful cocktails conjured up by Krystof!). Extremely convenient in terms of location as well being in the centre of the Old Town, yet quiet. The breakfast was excellent too with the hot breakfast being cooked/served on demand.

If you struggle with stairs you may want to request a room on a lower floor (I think there are only 3 floors of rooms anyway) as the hotel has a lift, but it is only for your luggage rather than for people!

Would strongly recommend and look forward to returning myself.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank YK76
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We spent three days at the hotel with our daughter who is studying abroad. I was looking for a triple room for this stay, and that's how we chose Jewel in the heart of Old Town. Freshly decorated with a sense of luxury, we found our room(Amethyst) to be perfect for our needs. There was a big bed and a built in daybed on the opposing wall. I must note that the bed was a temper-pedic memory foam, and was wonderfully comfortable after a full day of sightseeing! The bath was well appointed and even had a bath robe and slippers for your stay! Downstairs is a popular restaurant/bar that was always crowded! (The room was surprisingly quiet even though we were directly above the restaurant/bar on a Saturday night!) We didn't have a chance to eat anything but breakfast at the hotel, but it was delicious and had lots of options from the buffet as well as hot from the kitchen. Jacob was a delightful host and gave us directions, local dining options and transportation tips for our early morning flight. Everything was superior and we would welcome the chance to stay at the Jewel again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We booked a room here on the recommendation of our Czech friend Petre. We were very impressed, the rooms were large for Europe, nicely decorated and very comfortable. The restaurant had some of the best food in the city! We will definitely stay here again. Friendly service and great location as well.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw looked good, they had different sizes for singles as well.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Jewel hotel is the ideal choice in the heart of Prague. It has an excellent location from where you can easily walk to the most important places.

Room was small but excellent! Very clean and new with good mattress which makes you sleep deeper! Bathroom was nice and clean too and at this point I would like to say that as a business traveller i ve been to many hotels but the Jewel one was the only place which provides such soft towels with a nice smell...

Staff was always very kind and willing to help. I had a problem with my laptop and they gave me one for my whole stay. They had also helped me to find a nice place to eat and they gave me a late check out without any extra charge.

Loved it and would love to go back again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The hotel location was central to all of the major attractions and within walking distance - perfect for exploring Prague in every direction. Old Town Centre is minutes away, the Charles Bridge a short walk, and there is a Tourist Information Centre at the corner of the street. All manner of day tours are available just a few short steps from the hotel. Breakfast is varied and includes fresh squeezed juice, and the hotel offers all the big and little touches like turn-down service, slippers and robe, and a sweet on your pillow when you return at the end of the day. Tiny single room but beautifully appointed, modern clean bathroom, all you need. Fabulous hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo