“Wonderful Hotel and Service”

Design Hotel Jewel Prague
Ranked #13 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Adelaide, Australia
“Wonderful Hotel and Service”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this wonderful hotel - appropriately named Jewel. The rooms were immaculate, the staff extremely friendly and helpful and the food delicious. Made us feel like royalty. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Jan

Room Tip: No lift, so try a room on the first floor. Amethyst Room was, in our opinion, the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank iamjan44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We stayed in the Jewel hotel in Prague last week. The location is in a great locals neighborhood with reasonably priced meal and just steps away from all tourist locations. The room is small but beautifully decorated with all the amenities you will need. We enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast each morning along with the great coffee and espresso! The staff at this hotel were wonderful, spoke good english and very helpful with all our needs! We enjoyed our first visit to Prague and look forward to coming back in the future and staying at the Design Jewel Hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TabithaSantaBarbara
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

This truly is a jewel in the heart of old Prague. Room was clean and a bit luxe. Staff were uniformly kind and service oriented. The free breakfast was great and there's even turndown service. We'll return when we are in Prague next.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Duane A
Salvador, BA
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My family and I stayed for 5 nights in Prague in that lovely hotel, nice and very clean room, excellent breakfast, great location, walking distance to many tourist sights, restaurants and shops The staff were excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. We would certainly stay here again and highly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank PGama
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Booked 4nights in the hotel via the hotel website (not via any 3rd party booking agent), received an email confirmation and was even charged a non returablebooking fee. When I decide to make an amendment to my booking, i sent 4 emails to the hotel (there was no option to amend my booking in the system). waited for 1 week without any any reply. I decide to made 4 long distance calls to check, and eventually the answer given to me was that they do not even have my reservation! During the last call, the lady promised to check and then call or reply my email within the day but I have no replies whatsoever after 9 hours. Although no one seems to have the same problem I had experienced - maybe it is an isolated case,but it certainly was a terrible booking experience!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank yeoyvonne
vkunert, Manager at Design Hotel Jewel Prague, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Hello,
I am the manager of Hotel Jewel.
It is very important for me to solve this problem. We are doing the best to satisfy our guests and always and constantly trying to improve our service that is why we received an award from Tripadvisor 2 weeks ago.
As soon as I read this review I immediately began to investigate what has happened. It is first time that somebody has written such a bad review about our hotel and damaged our good reputation.
I found that the reservation (is still valid) and I didn’t find any cancelation in our booking “Bookassist” provider. The dates are from May 18 – May 22 for Superior room with breakfast. The lady did the reservation through our online booking service.
She did not read carefully about policies and cancelation fees for reservation which she may find useful. To read this useful information is very important for every guest who is going through reservation service. BOOKASSIST
I was looking for her email in our hotel email box and I didn’t find any email from her or any other email under her name. So she probably sent email to someone else and also our receptionist told us, that no one calls from Singapore. If this is truth of nit I don’t know, but the receptionist work in our hotel for 7 years. It is against our rules to promise something and not to fulfil our promise.
On online reservation we have email contact, so we sent an email to this lady, but no one answered. This case is really unclear to me so would be nice if we can solve this problam Thank you very much
Looking forward to hearing from this lady
Dušan Neset
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I spent two nights in in this hotel during my recent family visit in Prague and it was a great experience. The hotel is excellently located: from there you can explore all mayor Prague tourist attractions by foot. We stayed in the "diamond" room on the first floor (double bed plus extra single bed for our son) and we were very satisfied. The room was new, modern and comfortable.Despite the street view it was also very quiet. The service was very attentive and personalised. We had an opportunity to talk to owner. He and his staff showed a great committment in making our stay a real pleasure. For example they proposed on their own initiative a late check out to fit our flight schedule. There is no elevator in the hotel (it is located in the historical building) but it was not a problem at all. Summarizing, I would for sure come back and stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Tomasz M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We were in awe as soon as we checked into the Jewel Hotel. The restaurant at the front was beautifully decorated which continued to reception, up the stairwell and into our room. We had the "Ruby" room on the second floor, which was beautifully decorated, spacious, clean and had a nice view over the main street. The room was airconditioned too. The turndown service was wonderful, always a nice little sweet for us when we returned. The breakfast was wonderful too, you could have anything from the yummy cold buffet or order hot food from the kitchen. The only downside is that there is no lifts, which is only a negative when you have big heavy luggage to carry up or down the stairs! We couldn't believe what we got in the Jewel Hotel for the price we paid! We were in Prague on our honeymoon. Prague and the Jewel Hotel really made our honeymoon special. I HIGHLY reccommend the Jewel Hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple