Design Hotel Jewel Prague
US$174
Trip.com
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$138
Orbitz.com
US$71
US$63
US$168
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbedtime storyno elevatorweather forecastturn down servicefruit infused watersmall luggagetrue jewelamethyst roomruby roomold townevery eveningsingle roomlittle touchesperfect locationsmall hotelpillow menutop floor
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went to the Design Hotel Jewel for a weekend in March 2014 with a friends. The location is perfect!!! The hotel is very very nice impeccably clean, with friendly and helpful staff, and the breakfast is very good!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were super happy with this stay. The Design Hotel Jewel turned out to be an excellent choice. The staff were very polite and kind to us, the service was impeccable, and the hotel had a calm, pleasant and romantic feeling. Also, the location is spot on, especially if you are planning on spending much of your time in the Old Town. I highly recommend this hotel, especially to young couples. Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hobaek
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went to the Design Hotel Jewel for a weekend in January 2014 with a friend. The hotel is impeccably clean, with friendly and helpful staff. In the perfect location, this lovely hotel provides an amazing and complete breakfast service, and lovely touch of evening 'bedtime stories' and treats. The bed and pillows were so lovely, I dream about a bed so comfortable for my own home. The rooms are all themed after jewels, we stayed in the 'diamond room' which was BEAUTIFUL, and very comfortable.
Weeks after my visit I realized I had forgotten an item of clothing there, and they had held onto it for me, and mailed it to my home the next business day. We had dinner one night in the restaurant; excellent food and wine, for an excellent price. I highly recommend this amazing hotel, if you desire beautiful rooms, helpful staff, and excellent food/location.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'diamond' room, very beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a two night stay at Design Hotel Jewel and the hotel could not have been more perfect!
The hotel is in a perfect location: 2 minutes walk to the main shopping area with department stores, Zara, H&M etc, 5 minutes walk to the Old Town and less than 10 minutes from Charles Bridge. We arrived from the airport by taxi at a cost of 550 CZK (about £17), the journey took around 25 minutes. There are plenty of nice non-touristy restaurants, cafés and bars nearby as well.

The hotel also has its own restaurant which we didn't get the chance to try. The restaurant is lovely though, beautifully decorated! We had a couple of drinks here, the cocktail menu is very extensive and well priced at around 150 CZK for a drink. Breakfast was also served in the bar area. Being a small hotel, the breakfast service is great and stress free. On offer was a buffet breakfast consisting of the usual choice of cheese, ham, breads, pastries, cereals, yoghurts. In addition to the buffet breakfast, there is also an a la carte breakfast where you can choose from cooked foods such as pancakes and fruit (delicious!), bacon, omelette, eggs etc.

We were in the Amethyst room on the first floor at the front of the hotel. The staircase in the hotel is beautiful! In the centre is a lift for luggage. The bed in our room was AMAZING!! Without a doubt the comfiest bed I have ever slept on. The bedding and pillows were also fantastic. The room was so beautifully decorated, nice high ceilings and lovely windows as well. The only thing I would change about the room is the full length mirror location. For me, a full length mirror is non negotiable and the only mirror was on the back of the wardrobe door which was next to the sofa so it was a bit of a squash to check yourself! Thankfully there was also one directly outside our hotel room :)

The staff were all great and helpful at the hotel as well. Nice touches included turn down service and water and chocolates in our room after a long day out!

I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family if they visit Prague. I hope I can come back again in the near future! Thank you for such a lovely time!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lauraandjake
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A fantastic place to stay in Prague. It is what it is called. A real gem perfectly situated in the heart of the old town. One of the best hotels we ever stayed in. Every detail was perfect and the staff was very helpful and charming. They did everything to make our stay pleasant and memorable. The room, restaurant, bar and all other areas in the hotel were esquisite. We felt very at ease and really enjoyed the warm, sofisticated and timeless atmosphere.The breakfast was great, everything freshly made and of the highest quality. Besides the buffé you could order from the breakfast a la carte menue and get freshly made omelettes and baked eggs. Or/and fantastic pankakes with fresh fruit. You could enter the hotel from two directions, one leading directly to the staircase and the rooms. The room itself was lovely and decorated with style and high quality materials such as a mosaic shower. The bed was heavenly and we tried to buy it and take it with us back to Sweden :-). They even had a pillow menue if you wanted a certain type of pillow. This hotel gave great value for money. It was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
vkunert, Manager at Design Hotel Jewel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear la_Mattsson,
I would like to thank You in the name of all our staff for such a detailed and lovely review.
We hope to see Yo again at Jewel Hotel soon.

Kindest regards,