“very good choice in good city location”
Review of Hotel U Krize

Hotel U Krize
Ranked #233 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bratislava, Slovakia
“very good choice in good city location”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed in the hotel only for two nights, but we were really satisfied. From the bus station we could perfectly get to the hotel. So, location was the first thing what we were looking for - city centre, but not in the heart of the city rush, then tram station straight infront of the hotel and a few steps to the cableway to the Petrin - beautiful green part of the Prague with the viewtower.

The room was celan and furnished enough for number of nights we came for. the bathroom was big enough. So we were also satisfied with the room size. The breakfast was typical: coffee, tea, orange juice, bread, ham, eggs, sweets...ok. Maybe what we could complain were loud visitors at night, but it is not the fault of the hotel ;))

If I come visit Prague for one more time, I would choose this hotel again. I recommend! :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank little_masi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I tend to travel to Prague a lot thanks to my work duties as well as to meet up with my friends, so I can say aI know Prague quite well. Thanks to that this hotel was my first chioce for my holiday in Prague.
The hotel is great located, so everything is really close by walk. Hotel is small, but very stylish, with really really really great staff. I arrived very much in advance, but they had no problem to get my room ready in few minutes, so I could check-in earlier and then take a rest after the my journey. Rooms which are nicely furnished are very comfy. I had really good sleep there.
The buffet breakfast was very generous and the lady responsible for it had no problems to add missing food even at the end of the breakfast time.
All I can say is, that I can warmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PetkaGBratislava
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed several times at this hotel. The staff is really helpful, the rooms are clean and stylish. Breakfast was good. Great location, few steps from the historical center.Surrounded by lots of good caffees and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter M
Tivon, Israel
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Very convivial place, ideally located for endless foot tours in the Old Prague, both sides of the river, Very rewarding buffet breakfast, allowing to start your day in the best mood...Cooperative and smiling personnel, efficient room service. In short, outstanding value for money. Warmly recommanded.

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive, you may want to ask a room not on the street side, especially if you wis...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackh2
wales
Reviewed 23 September 2012

good location not far from charles bridge
far to noisey ruind the trip, no bath as indicated, you need a bath for a city break.
room was not as indictaed nobath very poor lighting
The noize was very upsetting
breakfast was good and sumstantial, onwer was ery nice, we were able to leave our belongings alll day as we had a late pick up.

Room Tip: ask for a quite room, near the back with a bath and lighting
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wareblue
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I love the Hotel U Krize, the staff are polite, efficient and so helpful, nothing was ever too much trouble. The Hotel is very real, solid wood furniture, clean and freshly decorated throughout. You get a whole lot more than you pay for.

My best friend and I checked in and found we had a spacious double room, after asking for a twin, the next day we were moved to a two level room, with twin beds and bathroom up through the spiral stair case. The room was next to a quiet courtyard, beautiful. They had even put in the extra pillow I had asked for the night before, a very thoughtful touch.

The hotel is in an excellent position, opposite Petrin, the wooded hill with the funicular (go inside and get your tickets from the machine before joining the queue!) if you follow the paths to the statue you get the most stunning view across Prague and then can amble onto the palace and cathedral.

Food was great value, both at breakfast and in the restaurant at night. Cheap and a further 15% off for guests. El Cantina, right out of the hotel and along Ujezd has good vegetarian food.

I'd recommend no itenary in Prague, just walk, the city opens up before your eyes and is undescribably beautiful.

Enjoy the hotel for what it is and don't be put off by the negative comments, I don't have a large budget for travel but have done five star travel to camping, this hotel delivers quietly!

Room Tip: The split level suites are away from the road side which is a little noisy with the trams. Book!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Flossie-70
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We found this place quite easily and checking in and getting to the private parking was a hoot! Subterranian parking in a Car Elevator! Not for the fainted hearted reversing out of the garage into the elevator.......
Our room was clean and spacious though with old, creaky old furniture...Air condition was availabe but at an extra cost of 5Euros deposit.....Refundable on departure. The wifi in the room was intermittant and having complained to the daytime guy at reception basically fell on deaf ears...This guy's attitude through out our 3-day stay was basically "Who Cares, I don't" We had our room cleaned once in three days which wasn't acceptable due to wet weather when a shower and hot water is appreciated....Breakfast was good and plentyful and the woman who served everyone was a character.....bit like a crazy poodle!

Overall a good place to stay for the convenience of location which is opposite the hillside railway up to the fake Eiffel Tower and within easy walking distance of the old town...
I'd reccommend this placeto the basic holiday traveler who doesn't need the internet and enjoys whacky charm!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a back room as the front is in front of a tram stop.......
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple