Generally good value, but the problem I had was the fact that the hotel has no air conditioning, and at this moment Prague is in a heat wave. The apartment (spacious) was fine, but I had to borrow a fan, and even then it was extremely warm - too warm. You would think that some form of cooling system would be in every hotel during Prague summers, but not here.
Never mind, the breakfast was excellent, with hot food as well as the usual cold offerings, but another little niggle - why no butter? Only margerine was available. The hotel advertised metro tickets from Reception - forget it, they have none, and offering a bar is a bit of a misnomer as the bar counter did not look as if it had traded for some time.
Yes, I am a little critical, particularly over the lack of aircon, but the price I paid was very reasonable, and the hotel is easily accessible if you know the public transport system. There is a bar/restaurant 50m away, so I will probably stay here again, though when it's a bit cooler!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mala Strana is situated in a beautiful location just few steps from Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Petrin gardens and the Infant Jesus Church and the other historical landmarks. Hotel Mala Strana offers 35 rooms for 2, 3 or 4 people. The rooms are fully furnished and equipped with satellite TV, telephone, minibar, safe deposit box, bathrooms with bathtub and hairdryer. Some of the apartments have also a kitchenette with microwave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mala Strana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Mala Strana Prague
- Residence Mala Strana Hotel