“average”
Review of Hotel Mala Strana

Hotel Mala Strana
Ranked #209 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 22 August 2013

VALUE FOR MONEY HOTEL !!!The location of the hotel is very good , the staff was very friendly and helpful.Although the codition of the hotel was not so good since the building was very old.The rooms were very comftortable and the breakfast quite good

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for your review and for choosing our Hotel Residence Mala Strana!
We are happy to read you had a plesant stay with us. Our hotel is set in historical building in a quiet street of Prague very close to many attractions. The Hotel is full of character, we are gradually making improvements to the building and rooms to give the best to our guests. It is definetely a hotel for travellers on a budget. A no frill -hotel for a convenient stay in Prague.
Thank you again for your contribution to our Tripadvisor page and we hope to welcome you back soon.
With best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel at July 2013. The hotel is not "centrally located" at the same heart of Prague centre, but it is not far from there to most popular places in Prague.

Accomodation is good, normal sized room with kitchenette, bed ant TV. Bathroom should be renovated in very short time, but it was clean and room too.

The breakfast area is very small, so it is very hard to find a free table and if you do, there is just space for sitting. But there was a big tourist group which were still together during our stay.

Hotel has no air condition. My opinion is it does not matter. There was about 36°C during our stay and there was not hot in our room.

Residence Malá strana is a good hotel. In a good place at Malá strana district, near public transport and centre of Prague. Will need to be a little bit renovated ...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jiri B
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for choosing our Hotel Residence Mala Strana and for sharing your experience with us.
I am delighted to hear that you had all in all a good stay with us.
The hotel is located in a quiet street and 5 min walking to the Petrin Gardens and the funicolar. Very close to all attractions either by foot or by trams, it is a pewrfect choice for who is looking for quiet nights but vicinity to all sites.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to guarantee other great times in beautiful Prague.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel is a very good 3 star hotel and we would not hesitate to stay here again, it is an old hotel with large spacious rooms and a character befitting of Prague. The staff were all helpful and friendly which is what we have always found to be the case on our trips to Prague. It is halfway down a quiet street with tram stops at the end of the road and some typically Czech bars nearby, we actually spent most of evenings on this side of the river there are plenty of bars and restaurants in Mala Strana to keep you busy. I would recommend all travellers to Prague to use the Metro / Tram system, it is a very efficient and cheap system and with a bit of practice you will be using it like a local.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David J
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for posting your feedbacks about your recent stay in Hotel Residence Mala Strana.
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the main deatures of our property: convenient and quiet location, spacious rooms and helpful staff.
Prague is easy to visit by walking or if you prefer to keep it comfortable trams and metro run in time and often to take you to any side of the city.
We take this occasion to inform our guests that we have introduce the tram/metro tickets service so you just need to ask ourt reception and tickets can be bought directly at the reception.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet as it was off the Main Street, but was then quite dark. The high ceilings are typical of these older buildings. The room was clean. The hotel is close to the park and once you get to the top of the hill and along the way there are great views of the city.

Room Tip: The weather was good but not hot. There is no air conditioning, which could be a problem in the hot...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank royparrott
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your feedbacks with the Tripadvisor community!
I am glad to read you had a nice stay and you found our staff helpful and kind. The Hotel Residence Mala Strana is a good solution for a stay out of the crowd but still in the immediate vicinity of the centre: Petrin Garden are 5 minutes walking and Charles Bridge two tram stops away or about 15 min walking.
On behalf of the staff of the Hotel Residence Mala Strana, we invite you once more to come anbd visit us in the not too far future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Generally good value, but the problem I had was the fact that the hotel has no air conditioning, and at this moment Prague is in a heat wave. The apartment (spacious) was fine, but I had to borrow a fan, and even then it was extremely warm - too warm. You would think that some form of cooling system would be in every hotel during Prague summers, but not here.
Never mind, the breakfast was excellent, with hot food as well as the usual cold offerings, but another little niggle - why no butter? Only margerine was available. The hotel advertised metro tickets from Reception - forget it, they have none, and offering a bar is a bit of a misnomer as the bar counter did not look as if it had traded for some time.
Yes, I am a little critical, particularly over the lack of aircon, but the price I paid was very reasonable, and the hotel is easily accessible if you know the public transport system. There is a bar/restaurant 50m away, so I will probably stay here again, though when it's a bit cooler!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SunderlandMackem
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your recent experience in our Hotel Residence Mala Strana.
I am glad to read you evaluated the hotel as a good value one. I am very sorry you faced misleading information about the hotel: we do not provide transport tickets at the hotel yet - we are considering introducing it soon, though, accoridng to the requests of our guests.
Prague has been hit by very high and unsual temperatures in the last weeks and we do sincerely apologize if the fans we have at disposal were not enough to bit the heat wave.
I am delighted you appreciated overall the breakfast, we have been lately making some changes in the offer in order to study the taste of our guests and differ the offer itself. We will take your opinions and comments into conisderations for eventual future improvements.
On behald of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon. If you wish to visit Prague in a cooler month, I suggest you not to miss Prague during Christmas time, absolutely stunning!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here for four nights to visit friends on our return to Prague having previously lived in Prague for four years!

The room we had was huge and was very relaxing.The beds were vey comfortable ! Another great plus point was the staff who were particularly courteous and attentive.Julie in particular was excellent and should be awarded a medal for Customer Service.I say this in all seriousness as the Czechs , in all our years living there, have very poor customer service .Refreshingly this is not the case here!

I noted a couple of comments about not being in the Old Town but honestly you can walk quite easily there or take a tram which is just around the corner.it is very handy for walking to Kampa Island, Malostanska And Charles Bridge as well as Novy Smichov Shopping centre the other way.

Breakfast was simple but plentiful and set you up for the day!
There are some great eateries nearby with the Hunger Wall cafe, Mad Bar and Artisan Restaurant very nearby...early morning rising may like to walk through the Kinsky Gardens and up to Petrin Hill to get the gret views of the beauty of the city.These are about a five minute walk.

All in all we would definately recommend this Hotel especially the service which you will find can be non existent in other places in Prague

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank VinnyHar
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
what a very lovely review! It is very rewarding for us to read such nice and sincere feedbacks.
I am very delighted to know that we were hosting you in Prague after you were living here. Prague is a city of immense beauty.
I am very glad that you found our Hotel Residence Mala Strana a comfortable solution for your needs.
It is extremely appreciated the feedbacks about the customer service and I will forward your words especially to Julie.
On behalf of all of us, we are lookinmg forward to welcoming you again to your next visit to the Golden City.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Mala Strana Hotel is a very well located in Prague to see the sights. The price is quite good. The rooms are a good size. The breakfast is good. The day clerk Julie was very helpful. However, as with any hotel in any city, be aware of your room security. On June 14, my wife and I went out to see Charles Bridge at sunrise. We came back to the hotel at about 6 AM. A man followed us into the hotel and went into the lobby bathroom. We went to our room and went back to bed. The carpet in the room by the door was raised up a bit making it a difficult to close the door without slamming it. We did not close the door fully and at about 6:45 someone came into our room while we sleeping. My wife woke up enough to say something and the person grabbed my pants with my wallet, our camera and a small back pack. We spent the rest of the morning with the police.
When I sent an email to the hotel management, I encouraged them to put chains on the doors, automatic doors closers that shut the door firmly and a security camera in the lobby as the night clerk said he did not see a man follow us into the hotel.
We were happy with this hotel, and this experience could have happened to us at any hotel in any city in the world. Just be aware of room security at this hotel. I have also attached the e-mail message from the hotel.

Dear Mr & Mrs. Brown,

as promised I was in contact with the Hotel Manager Mrs Monika Nycova and the receptionits that was in duty that night/day.

I have received from them full explanation about the matter and first of all I would like to extend you our sincere apologies if you had the feeling that we did not do enough in assisting you and I am forwarding you the apologies from Mrs Nycova in person.

We have a fix practise in dealing with these cases: police must be called striaght away and they will make all the relevant questions and surveys. Mrs Nycova assured me that she was taking the case very deeply and she was checking the rooms herself and with the housekeeping staff, the receptionist was asked if he saw anyone coming or leaving the hotel apart from you around that time. As you understand it was early morning and there is no much movements in the hotel, the receptionist states that he saw just you leaving and coming back to the hotel, and no one else.

As per practise the Hotel Manager has access toi the machina which is reading the door opening.No one else open/close the door in the time lapse, of course if the door was left open we cannot be responsible for it as we are not responsible for any valuables store in the room out of the safe deposit box. All we can do is to contact the police to make an official statement of what happened.

As far as I know, the receptionist on duty during the day - Ms Julie- asked me personally what we could do for you in order to reach the airport and I suggested her to pay for you the public transportation to the airport. She assured me that she offered you it, therefore please once more accept our apologies if this information did not reach you in time.

Thank you for the consideratiion abourt safety in our hotel, we never had serious episodes happening inside the areas of the hotel and it saddens me to hear that it happened to you. It is not a plesant experience and I hope this detail of your trip will not ruin the memories of this beautiful city.

Thank you for the attention and please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience to discuss any further detail in the matter.

PS. I hope you could consider our Hotel Residence Mala Strana again an for this reason I would like to invite you to visit us again in the next 12 months - in order to do this I give you this special promo code which will give you access to special discounts for your next stays in our hotel. The promo code can be redeemed only through our website www.garzottohotels.cz. It will be our pleasure to prove you our professionality and quality once more.

Elena Sartori

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for your review.
As per your review posted, we were in contact to discuss the matter in a private way. I am very sorry that our explanation was not sufficient to you. As I was already informing you, most of the time it is a matter of common sense, all rooms are provided with safe deposit box where to store valuables and documents. All items which are not in the deposit box are not under our responsability, if something happen. The receptionist has been warned to pay more and more attention to any person entering the hotel in order to avoid any similar situation. What we can do is to advise our guests to store all personal things, documents and any valuable in the safe deposit box as a precautional act.
We would like to re-assure at the same time future guests that all doors can be open only with a smart card which is personal and any entrance can be checked through a special machine, besides, the reception is open 24/7 and all people entering the hotel will be more carefully checked.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you will still consider our Hotel for a future trip to Prague.
For future guests, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information or reassurement.
Thank you for the attention and kind regards,

Elena Sartori