“Nice location, good stay”
Review of Hotel Mala Strana

Hotel Mala Strana
Ranked #222 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice location, good stay”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Breakfast was good, although I would've liked to have some lettuce, cucumber or tomato or something fresh. Room was good and certainly big enough for one person. Everything was quite old, but still clean and working. Location wasn't "in the middle of it all",which was nice. neighborhood was quiet.
I'd stay there next time I visit Prague.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RaisaKB
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your nice review with us and with the whole community of Tripadvisor!
We are happy to read you had an overall positive and pleasant stay and we thank you for your comments.
Brekafast tends to vary according to the seasons and we highly prefer to serve our guests seasonal vegetables and fruits in order to guarantee the freshness and the quality of the items themselves.
We all hope to welcome you back soon and to contact us directly to any future inquiry.
In the meantime we wish you a wonderful 2014!

Public Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

A Hotel with a very nice location. Very close to public transportation of all kinds . Very easy access to all the bohemian allure this city has to offer .Staff is very helpful and the breakfast is excellent. The rooms are very basic. If you are at this Hotel you are just a few blocks from Villa Bertranka, where Mozart spent some time of his life. Is just around the corner from the Hotel.Don’t miss it !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank your for your lovely review about our Hotel Residence Mala Strana!
We are happy you appreciate the hotel location, accommodation and staff. The vicinity of the main touristic attractions makes it a very convenient property for who wants to explore the Golden City.
And yes, it is very close to Villa Bertranka for all the Mozart lovers.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have just returned from my second trip to Prague and to this hotel. Although I stayed in a different room this time, my previous review still stands.
The hotel is located on a very quiet street, which is a short walk away from Mala Strana Square and Charles Bridge. Or cross Legion Bridge and head into Novo Mesto. Trams run from the end of the street which means that all of Prague is only a few minutes ride away.
The service here is brilliant. The front desk staff are very friendly and chat about your day. Victor was very helpful with maps and brochures of things I may like to do during my visit, and the guy who handled my check out (sorry didn't get his name, tall with pony tail) told me a little of this history of the building. I will recommend this hotel time and time again.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the first and second floors, My first floor room was nicer than my second floor but...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
what a lovely review!
We are very happy to have welcomed you again and even happier to read that your experience with us was still as good as the first one.
I will personally report your nice words to our staff members and I am sure they will be very happy about it.
Please, I would like to communicate with you directly and offer you a special treatment for your future stays, therefore at your convenience do not hesitate to contact me personally.
On behalf of all of us in Hotel Residence Mala Strana, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
With the best regards,

Hertfordshire, England
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have just returned from staying two nights at the 'Hotel Residence Mala Strana'. It is situated in Praha 5, two minutes walk from Udjest tram stop where a number of trams will take you directly into the centre of Prague in 5-7 minutes. However, you can easily walk there in about 20 minutes. I booked the Hotel direct through their web site as it offered the best tariff.

When I arrived at about 11.30am my room wasn't ready due to a large number of checkouts that morning (check in from 2pm) but the very helpful gentleman on Reception completed my registration, gave me a number of helpful maps, and put my suitcase into their luggage room.

On my return, my room was ready for about 1.45pm.The lift was easy to navigate and my room, although pretty tired in appearance, was certainly clean and adequate for my stay. It had a small kitchenette with a fridge, kettle, plates, cutlery, two rings and a sink.

The two beds were pushed together to make a double and were reasonably comfortable to sleep on. There was also a closed sofa bed to sit on. However, I did find the room a little cold as there didn't appear to be a radiator. The room also had a table with a single chair and a bench to sit on, plus an LCD TV. There appeared to be CNN, a number of Czech, and one Russian TV channel.

There was adequate storage for my baggage and clothes. The bathroom had a small bath with an overhead shower which was particularly powerful. There was also a safety deposit box for which you need to pay 500Kc deposit.

A couple of negative points was that there was no coffee/tea/sugar available in the room, and one of the bath towels had seen better days!!

The breakfast, which was served in the basement, was excellent. There was a good choice of cold meats, cheese, boiled eggs, cereals, bread/rolls, salads, plus hot eggs and sausages. The coffee was of a good quality.

The staff were all very helpful especially the aforementioned receptionist, for which nothing was too much trouble. He recommended a Czech restaurant, about a minute away from the Hotel, which also offered a 10% discount (via a voucher from reception). I ate there on the first night and the food was very tasty and good value for money. There are also a number local mini markets within a five minute walk of the Hotel.

I would certainly recommend this Hotel as value for money and for its breakfast and customer relations. Well done to the 'Hotel Residence Mala Strana'.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yoahlime
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
what a lovely review!
Thank you very much for the time spent in sharing your feedback about the recent experience in our Hotel Residence Mala Strana. I am very glad to read that you had a comfortable stay and positively evaluated our service and staff.
Tea and coffee making facilities are not part of the room amenties for the moment, I do apologize for if the towels quality was not up to your expectations. I will report it to our Housekeeping resposible in order to take care of the matter.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Excellent location, within walking distance of most sites and only 150 yards from a tram stop. Staff were attentive and helpful. We were able to drop our luggage before check in and after check out. Breakfast was good but space to sit in the dining room is limited, we struggled to sit both days we were there.
we had two rooms on the top floor and the rooms were dated, they could do with a revamp. Everything in the room was in working order and the room was clean, bed wasn't the most comfortable but I had no trouble sleeping.
It was a good price and served as a good base for our trip in Prague.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Aaron,

thank you for choosing our hotel Residence Mala Strana. We do appreciate that you have found our hotel as a clean and with perfect location to discover Prague's attractions.

We hope to see you soon,

With best regards,

Elena Avlastimova
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great hotel, just over the river from the main town centre, a good standard city hotel, a few minutes walk to all the major attractions. Classic Czech continental breakfast, good choice. Rooms clean, with fridge and table and chairs for eating as well as a sofa and TV with a separate bed area. Staff friendly and helpfull. Would stay in same hotel again as in a great location.

Room Tip: If you want a good view this is not the hotel for you. Its City Centre so most rooms looke out at o...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deb M
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for choosing our Hotel Residence Mala Strana!
It is very nice to read such nice feedback and we are glad that our staff was kind and helpful.
On behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Prague and our Hotel Residence Mala Strana.
With best regards,

Canada
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our rooms were old and extremely 'worn', but spacious. The walls were stained, baseboards were coming away from the walls and light fixtures were hanging by wires. The rooms were as clean as can be expected; bathrooms were clean with hot water in the showers. It was nice to have a kitchen area and fridge in our room although we never made use of either. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. Location of the hotel was great, within walking distance of the Charles Bridge, main attractions and restaurants. Breakfast was so-so -- would have been nice to have had fresh fruit as a part of the offering. Wifi worked wonderfully.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly B
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Mala Strana, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your feedbacks with us.
I will definetely take all your comments into consideration, I would love to go into details about the room status, therefore I would like to invite you to contact us at your convenience with room numbers in order to take immediate actions.
I am anyway glad to read that you found the hotel position convenient and the staff helpful and kind.
Looking forward to hearing from you.