There are two great advantages offered by this hotel: location and value for money.
Stayed here in July 2014 in a Junior Studio (one bedroom, one living room with two sofas, one small kitchen and one bathroom with bathtub) located on the ground floor.
The windows were large, showing the hotel's back yard. Yes, the hotel has a lovely small back yard, with some flowers, herbs and coffee tables. There is just a small inconvenient about that: some of the hotel's guest used to smoke in the backyard, so we had to close the windows.
The room was nice furnished, kind of vintage but very functional. I loved the kitchen cabinet - a very smart way to save the space. A very welcoming room, overall.
The hotel is very clean, the reception staff is friendly and helpful.
The main advantage of this hotel, as I said, is the location. It's just a walking distance to the City Center and a few steps away from the Ujezd tram station, in a lovely and quiet quarter of Prague, not far away from the Kampa Island (an island in the Vltava river with a park, a contemporary art museum and some decent restaurants). There are some supermarkets, nice restaurants and bars in the hotel's neighborhood. The restaurants and bars with decent prices - this is very important! Let me explain: in the busy, noisy and tourist suffocated Charles Bridge aria, located at 15 minutes walk from the hotel, the average price of a pint of Czech beer, in an average pub/bar/restaurant is around 90-100 Koruna (local currency, that means around 4 Euro). In the hotel's aria, the average price of a pint of the same beer is 35 Koruna (1.4 Euro). Try to beat that!
The breakfast is not spectacular but more than decent for the money you pay.
I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Residence Mala Strana*** is situated in a beautiful location just few steps from Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Petřín gardens and the Infant Jesus Church and the other historical landmarks. Hotel Residence Mala Strana*** offers 35 apartments for 2, 3 or 4 people. The apartments are fully furnished and equipped with satellite TV, telephone, minibar, safe deposit box, bathrooms with bathtub and hairdryer. Some of the apartments have also a kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Mala Strana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Mala Strana Prague
- Residence Mala Strana Hotel