“For Fitness Fanatics”
Review of Hotel Marketa

Hotel Marketa
Ranked #350 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 January 2008

The hotel was nice and in a quiet area.

I would recommend it but people need to know:

It is on the top of a hill with no public transport to the door.
The lift does not service the ground floor, so you need to be able to tote your bags upstairs.

Public transport is available at the bottom of the hill (about seven stories worth), but you have to change from bus to metro to get to the centre of the city.

Breakfast was adequate but not outstanding.

• Stayed: July 2004, travelled solo
1  Thank Mskins

Reviewed 11 December 2007

We spent a week at Hotel Marketa and enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, comfortable and modern, but did have a hint of smoke although it didn't bother my wife or me. The front desk personnel were all friendly and helpful. Our only complaint was the occasional noise of the other guests. We were on the first floor near the lobby, and with the tile floors we could hear everything when people were talking in the lobby or in the corridor of the second floor. It was a bit of a hike up to the tram stop, but Tram #22 took us directly to most of the places we wanted to go so it was convenient. We liked that the hotel was close to a couple of good restaurants, a great pizzeria and two mini marts. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Storm33
Reviewed 24 October 2007

Excellent Hotel near Castle Area. If the Marketa were in Paris or Rome it would be rated 3 Stars minimum. On a quiet residential street near Chinese and Italian restaurants and several convenient mini-markets . Staff was extremely helpful with tour bookings. Very good buffet and the best ham & rye breads . Because of the budget prices I was expecting a Motel 6 at best and was surprised by the clean rooms & overwhelmed by the modern & well designed bathrooms. One minor caution, if your main interests lie in the Old town areas; this location is perhaps not ideal; but if you want the Castle or Mala Strana it is very good.The # 22 tourist tram - nearest stop is a 5 min easy walk- is alone worth the price of the air fare.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank woolllen
Reviewed 26 July 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Marketa during our trip to Prague, and I booked the rooms online before checking Trip Advisor. After I did, I was a little afraid of what we would find, but the room was perfectly adequate, clean and quiet (well except for the construction workers across the street, who started early every day, but that's not the hotel's fault). There was no cigarette smell that some other commenters have mentioned.

There ARE a lot of stairs, however. I have arthritis in my knees and the climb up to the room and down to breakfast was a little strenuous, but manageable. There's a lift, but it starts halfway up to the second (European first) floor, so you still have to climb a certain number of steps.

We had a car, so the distance from the city wasn't a problem, in fact it was rather nice to be out of the crowds.

I'd stay there again any time!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Dragonflyknits
Reviewed 15 July 2007

As I was a lone traveler, I was given a very small room both times I stayed there (5 days). The room was clean, but in the rooms I stayed there was something wrong in each bathroom; sink stopper didn't work, shower head broken, slow slow shower drain. The biggest negative is the strong cigarette odor.....which permeates from the lobby (staff and visitors) up the stairs to the second and third floor. One women that worked the day shift was "civil" but hard to understand, the women who worked the night shift was VERY nice and understandable. There's two restaurants relatively close by, just around the corner that serve good food and the price is reasonable. A word of CAUTION: don't make the same mistake I made......I had been traveling for a while and needed some clothes laundered.....I was given a price list and it looked quite reasonable so I sent 8 items to be washed. I specifically had five items I wanted laundered but NOT dried in a hot dryer. I had the nice night shift gal write instructions on each bag; I saw her do it. The clothes came back; all laundered, all dried and ironed for......get this... $35.00 American dollars! The flax suit came back shrunk! Over $120.00 suit ruined. Tried to contact the laundry but to no avail. I would recommend this hotel if you are a smoker, like to take the tram, like small rooms and speak their language.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2007

My wife and I are just back from a week in Prague where we stayed at the Hotel Marketa.

The hotel room was a good size, had TV,coffee making facilities and an en-suite bathroom with a very good shower.

Breakfast was continental and enjoyable.

Our room was at the front of the hotel and the only real downside was the noise from the workmen renovating the property directly opposite. This started at 7am each morning (including Sunday).

The city of Prague was a great destination. The transport system including buses,trams and the underground cost us £6 for a weekly ticket and was very efficient. Food was good and varied.

There was also plenty to do and see.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jim D
Reviewed 10 January 2007

We booked this hotel careless about checking it's location on the map and got a bit disappointed. The hotel is clean, comfy and with a friendly staff but the distance in to the town center with the tram was a big minus. Fortunately cabs are cheap in Prague if you want to come home not taking the tram for 30 minutes at night. The castle area is 20 minutes by foot from the hotel and thats quit good.
Next time we visit this beautiful city we will stay in the old town. The small price difference is well worth it.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple