“I recommend this hotel to all”
Review of Hotel Mira

Hotel Mira
Ranked #586 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Hallo, I was in hotel Mira with my family and We were satisfied with location and with staff, Brakfast were excellent ,I would like to thank you for a pleasant weekend at your hotel, especially the staff who helped us a lot. I recommend this hotel to all.
Blanche

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gardin7

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My review is based only on 2 nights stay, well the hotel is a small hotel which lies about i guess 4 tram stations from Wenceslas square. The first what my friend noticed that the receptionist doesn't speak Czech and she spoke with her only Russian, and not sure if she can speak English. Anyway it was not a problem for us. We took the keys and went to the room it was clean, wide and tidy room in the 4th floor.

First problem that the tv cable was not there so it was useless but we asked them the other day and they fixed it immediately.

Second there is no Wifi except in the reception so if you need internet you have to go down.

Talking about noise, the hotel lies in a quiet street but you'll get annoyed only with the Elevator's sound, in addition to we heard at the morning a sound like they're renewing the 5th floor and doing some work there.

Cleanliness was ok, when we came back on the evening we found that they cleaned the room just putting everything in place but didn't change towels or sheets.

Breakfast was hmm ok, Breakfast ends at 9:30 so we missed the first day, there were about three types of cheese and loafs, egg, corn flakes, tee, coffee, bread as well.

Overall review it was not a bad hotel for the price but i'll be choosing another one if am willing to go there again.

Room Tip: I guess you have to take a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I had a room with a balcony which was a blessing as it was the best part of the room. Accommodations were very basic and dated. When I made my reservation there was only a double room available. Even though I was a single traveller, I had to pay additional for the double room (paid for two people). The hotel did allow pets which was important to me as I brought my 4.6 lb dog along.
My purse was stolen at the corner Pizza restaurant on my second evening, so travelers beware. I filed a police report but it was blamed on an area "gypsy" and there was not much that could be done since I would be leaving soon.
The breakfast that was included was VERY basic and boring - same thing every morning without fail.
Overall, unless you are on the tightest budget, I would suggest booking a nicer hotel, perhaps closer to the sights or Old Town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Well, it is fare enough - for the price you pay for accomodation you simply cannot expect Michelin star....Anyway, very clean and tidy place, basic but filling breakfast, helpful and friendly staff. Great value for your money, no cheats.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mice79-11
Reviewed 5 January 2011

A good hotel in all senses. Situated not far from the center in a very pretty and quiet place. Bus and tramway stops are two minutes away from the hotel; it’s easy to reach any part of the city. Near the hotel restaurants of different kinds of food and 24hours working store. Spacious rooms with king size bed, TV, safe in the room, clean and comfortable shower. There is free Wi-Fi, with good connection speed. Standard breakfast. Staff very friendly and competent, no problems with language. In general, it left a remarkable impression of my staying in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kkati18
Reviewed 17 March 2010

The hotel was dated but immaculate. Breakfast was included (not made entirely clear but obviously not a problem!). Staff were a little stern but helpful. The area looks very run down but is safe despite appearances.

I think it is pushing it to describe location as central Prague (the street didn't even appear on my guide map!) but once acquainted with the trams it was no bother.

Cheap, cheerful and close to an excellent and very good Chinese restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Medi21
Reviewed 11 September 2009

This hotel was cheap. It was clean. It had no major problems. When you take this into account and plus the fact that it is close to Tram access I can only give this hotel a thumbs up. Its about a 25 to 30 minute walk into the Old Town. The Tram Line you want are 11 or 18 from outside the Hotel. This will get you into the main hub area within 5 to 10 minutes which is fine. Tram 11 takes you to Wencesclas Square and Tram 18 take you to Charles Bridge and the Jewish Quarter so either one works fine. If you havea late night past 1.00am then you will have to walk back but I saw this as no issue. I suppose the only downer for this price is that the Breakfast had nothing hot which is not a big deal really.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends