“Great location. Central but quiet.”

Archibald At the Charles Bridge
Ranked #55 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The location is perfect on the quieter end of the Charles Bridge. Easy access to both the Old Town and the Castle. We had a basic room overlooking the cobbled square. It would have been nice to have one of the top floor rooms on the river side but the price difference didn't justify that. The room we did have was big and well furnished. We would have preferred a bath but the shower was good with a rather quirky layout. You step down into a small room by the door and step back up again into the adjacent shower room. I stubbed my toe in the middle of the night going to the loo but that's my fault for not switching the light on! I have seen the hotel in a top 10 'luxury' list but I wouldn't quite put it there myself. It's very good but not luxury, but it's not luxury prices either. The restaurant in the old cellar is superb. There's plenty of choice at breakfast and the staff were friendly and helpful. There are some good restaurants nearby too. Charles bridge is about 50 metres away but it was always a surprise to climb the steps from the peaceful square outside the hotel and emerge onto the bridge to bustling crowds. Such a contrast! If I go back to Prague, this is where I'm going to stay! By the way, when you arrive and see two little bottles of red wine on the cabinet, they're part of the mini bar - not complimentary drinkies.....

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the street are fine as it's so quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Guests,
on behalf of Archibald staff I would like to thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your pre-Christmas holiday. I am pleased that you were satisfied with our location, room and restaurant and to be honest I am little bit suprised that you have seen our hotel between top "10" luxury hotels - it should be very nice but how was written we are not and please be sure that we never presented our hotel as a luxury one, thank you for understanding.

Best regards from Prague,
Petra Sudlikova

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed 14 December 2011

The Mala Strana (Lesser Quarter) is my favorite of Prague. This was my third stay in this hotel. We stayed in room #12, overlooking the Vlata River and the Charles Bridge. The hotel is comfortable and very clean. The breakfasts are very good and there is a resturant in the basement. But it is the location that makes this hotel. The Charles Bridge is 2 minutes walk. Prague Caslte is about 10 minutes walk. Several embassies are just around the corner and there is a large park nearby. The hotel is very quiet and the front staff is excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room #12 which overlooks the Vlata River and the Charles Bridge.

Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you so much for your pre-Christmas stay with us and we wish you all the best to New Year! I´ll sincerely appreciate that you chose our hotel again, it´s a great motivation for us when our guests return and we are glad that you are satisfied.

Best regards from Prague to Paris,

Reviewed 13 December 2011

We chose this hotel off the back of TA recommendations and were not disappointed at all. The staff at the hotel are warm and friendly and were always really helpful if you had any questions. The location is simply perfect if like us, you walk a lot and don't need to use the public transport. Despite being near the Charles Bridge which is a busy tourist area, it is so quiet here.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and had an outer hall to hang all your coats in - which was a nice touch.
We requested in advance to have a river view room and we got one with a partial view which was good enough for us.
The breakfasts didn't wow us - the quality wasn't that great but there is a good variety of things to choose from and you won't go hungry.
All in all, I would happily recommend this if you want an authentic, traditional Czech hotel in a brilliant location.

Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your stay At the Charles Bridge hotel and for your nice review about it.
I´ll really appreciate all comments from our guests and I am happy that you enjoyed your pre-Christmas time in Prague and I hope that you´ll return in future.

Best regards to Bournemouth,

Reviewed 4 December 2011

This hotel is well located for both the old town and the castle area of Prague and convenient for catching public transport if you prefer not to walk, although I would recommend walking as there is so much more to see. The bedroom was spacious and clean. We did have a little issue with shower in our room but once this was fixed it was fine. The staff were very helpful and will make good recommendations of things to see and places to eat. We also ate in the hotel bar and the food was good and plentiful. The breakfast selection was excellent and served in the lovely bar area with the vaulted ceiling. As with most hotels visited in the recent past the bathroom could do with a bit of an upgrade but this did not detract from the lovely time we had at this hotel. With its helpful staff and a peaceful, pretty location we would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you would like a view over the river and Charles Bridge, etc I would recommend that you ask for t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Guests,
thank you so much that you made a choice of our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. All your comments are very important for me and also the best motivation for our future improvements.
I´m sorry that you had a trouble in bathroom and I´m happy that you enjoyed everything else...
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Me and my fiance visited Prague for 3 nights from 18th November. This hotel was recommended by a friend of mine - and am so glad we took her advice.
Hotel in a great location - a stones throw away from the beautiful Charles Bridge and the rest of this wonderful city.
We had a room on the square side of the hotel which we did not find noisy at all. Our room was a good size and had everything we needed for a pleasant stay. Breakfast was in the cellar style restaurant and there was lots of choice - cereal, pastries, eggs, bacon etc. We also had a meal in the hotel restaurant which was of a good quality and reasonable price. You get 10% discount if styaing in hotel.
We had a few problems with our transfers back to the airport but the lovely staff on reception sorted us a taxi out = thanks again.
We would definately recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Prague and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you very much for your kind review and for your recent stay with us... It´s a pleasure for me to read that we were recommended to you (thanks a lot also to your friend) and we came up to your expectations! I hope that we´ll get a possibility to welcome you back in future!
Sincerely regards from Prague,

Reviewed 30 November 2011

The location of this hotel is absolutely perfect under the Charles Bridge between the castle and the Lesser Town (Christmas Market). There were several restaurants on the square next to the hotel. The rooms were beautifully decorated, enormous, clean, and comfortable. The gentleman at the desk (Eduard) helped us with anything we needed. My parents ended up in a smoking room, and the gentleman working at night managed to find them a new non-smoking room on a Saturday night. Breakfast was tasty- a great start to the day. Love the hot milk with coffee. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 3 had a view of the square.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your time taking to write such a kind comments through Tripadviser to us and also other travellers. We are happy that you were satisfied with your recent stay with us
and you enjoyed beauty of Prague!
Best regards to Kaiserslautern,

Reviewed 24 November 2011

A traditional gem in probably the best position in Prague. Different rooms of different sizes very clean, well furnished and comfortable. A few steps from the Charles Bridge in the Lesser Town situated within a lovely cobbled square. Easy walk to the Castle (an absolute must do). Breakfast was good, nothing fancy but adequate. Staff extremely friendly. Even delivered a bottle of champagne to our room for my daughters birthday.

Hard to fault anything about this hotel, the prices are good and in my view is in the best place in town.

Room Tip: Could be some noise at busy times on 'square side'. Room sizes vary so choose carefully depe...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Huddy

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your nice words about our hotel, we really appreciate it! We are happy that you enjoyed few pleasant days with your family At the Charles Bridge hotel and I hope that it wasn´t your last visit...
Best regards to Huddersfield,