“Karlova Mostu you Beauty”

Archibald At the Charles Bridge
Ranked #55 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 May 2012

If you looking at old world Charm and pristine settings out of a dream story, this is the place to stay Over looking the mighty river Vlata and the famous Charles Bridge.I had to carry my bags up and down with a little help from the hotel was no problem(no Elavators)for this fantastic location straight out of a Hansel and Grethel novel.A fantastic breakfast and equally fab and chic looking restaurant s what took the cake.Staff were equally helpful and though its not a Hilton or a Marriott in the sense of the word we loved this place tucked away under the bridge.Prague s the city to walk and we were right in the heart of this magnificent City.

Room Tip: We took the top floors river facing rooms and though we paid extra,it was worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your lovely words written about your recent stay in our hotel through Tripadvisor to us and others travellers, I really appreciate it and it will be pleasure for me to share your compliments with my colleagues. I am happy that you spent a few memorable days in Prague and that we were a part of this time. If you´ll have a chance to come back in future, we´ll be glad to welcome you here! Thanks a lot.

Kind regards to Bangalore,
Petra Sudlikova

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We traveled to prague in December 2011, and after ariving there (not knowing that they don't use euro's and not being able to make out a word of their language), it took us a while to find the hotel, but upon arival it was definately worth the search. The location of this hotel is perfect, the room we got had the most amazing view of the Charles bridge best we had in the entire Europe, it's exeptionally beautifull at night with all the lights. The rooms are huge, (compared to other European hotels) decor is slightly vintage with warm colours and wood furniture and a separate entry hall that makes the room even more spacious. Comfortable bathroom with a shower and clothes dryer (nescasary with all the rain we got) beds were very comfortable, we had free Wi-Fi and free umbrellas to borrow (yes, this too came in quite handy). The staff is very friendly, and meals were served at the hotel's restaurant next door. (all meals less 15% for hotel guests) breakfast which was included was a good selection and of good quality. Their other food were also good.

I would definately recomend this hotel for any tourist who wants a comfortable stay with a great location!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Charles bridge!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your winter stay in Prague. I really appreciate your time taking to share your kind and positive impressions with us and others travellers - especially in spite of the fact that it was few months ago, thanks a lot!
I´m glad we met your expectations and although you were not lucky with the weather I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay and it will be pleasure for us to welcome you back in future.

Finally, I just would like to clarify that the discount in our restaurant for our guests is 10 percent - just to avoid any misunderstanding...

Best regards to distant Pretoria,

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We had a great experience with this hotel. The location is fantastic, very close to Charles Bridge but on a quiet street! the staff friendly and helpful, bedrooms very comfortable and clean, free wi/fi and good breakfast. Very good value!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view to the river.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GaliaMK
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague and for this lovely feedback written through Tripadvisor to us and other travellers... I am happy that you were satisfied with our staff, location and value and I really appreciate that you mentioned cleanliness and breakfast as well - this kind of review is the best advertisement and motivation for all of us. I hope that we´ll get a chance to welcome you back in future, thanks a lot!
Kind regards to Lima,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The hotel is perfect. Our room (8) had a terrace from which you could see the river. From the moment we arrived and met Ondrej (pronounced Andre) at the front desk, we knew that we had made a wise choice of hotel. He was so helpful, brought our suitcases up the staircase; gave us excellent advise about what to do in Prague, and did so with a warm smile. Ondrej made our vacation a fantastic one.
We had phoned Eduard, the front office manager prior to our arrival and he was very efficient and polite.
It is clear to my husband and I that the Archibald Hotel chain knows how to find the best employees!

Don't even consider any other hotel. Archibald at the St Charles bridge is located walking distance to all the major sites. It's a hotel full of charm and comfort. Very tasty buffet breakfast, and the best espresso packets of coffee in the room (yum) Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: room 8 on first floor - so comfy
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guests,
it´s a pleasure for me to read your more than nice feedback from your stay in our hotel - on behalf of Archibald hotel and staff I would like to Thank you very much for these kind words!
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that this city break was the memorable one for you. I'll be honored to share your compliments with my colleagues from reception, it´s always nice to read that they are making a good job, thanks a lot.
Best regards to Israel,

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is about a 20 minute ride from the airport. We requested airport pick up through the hotel. It was 670czk each way, in a private car and was very nice. As you can already tell by the other reviews, this hotel has a fabulous location, about half a block from the Charles Bridge. Although I think every tourist in Prague is walking across this pedestrian only bridge all day long, the hotel is amazingly quiet. We had one of the loft rooms (22, on the third floor) overlooking the river. It was lovely. Sometimes the website photos of rooms are misleading, but not in this case. The room was large and spacious. The bathroom was small, but very clean, and with the exception of luxury hotels, the size was much the same as most European hotels. In addition to the window overlooking the Vltava River, our room had several large skylights. The floors were wood, but made absolutely no noise when you walked across them. We have stayed in several places, where you could hear every footstep in the surrounding rooms. This room was very quiet. We couldn't even hear noise from the hallway. The breakfast was delicious. We were there for 3 nights, and never had an opportunity to eat an evening meal in the restaurant, but the menu looked very nice.
The loft rooms have their own air conditioner, which in the summer is probably very necessary. We were there in late March, and the days were sunny. The room was warm, but we just opened the window and it was perfect.
The staff were helpful and friendly. They have computers in the lobby that are hooked up to a printer, so we printed up our boarding passes before we left. You never want to say a place is perfect, but this hotel is charming, clean, cozy, and comfortable at a very reasonable price. What more do you need? Very close to perfect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your recent stay in Archibald hotel and especially for your time taking to share your more then nice review through Tripadviser with us and other travellers...(many thanks also for the second one as well!) It´s a pleasure for me to read that you spent a lovely three nights stay in Prague and that our hotel left so positive impressions on you - your compliments and recommendation is the best advertisement for us and I really appreciate it....thanks a lot!

With sincerely regards to San Antonio,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Now you have found the Hotel just book it! It is wonderful, everywhere is clean, the staff are lovely, the rooms are huge, although bathrooms are a bit small. the Hotel is right in the middle of all the attractions, and they are all within walking distance. Prague is very easy to get around. Try the 2 day hop on hop off bus, which you will find them stood in the old town square with a red umbrella. the food is lovely in Prague, our favourite was a static boat on the bridge just up from charles Bridge, it serves lovely pasta and chocolate pudding as well as specialities. Make sure you book a transfer from the airport, it was well worth it. I booked with ?Travel republique and got a good deal. Prague Castle is a must see. It was lovely being so close to the charles Bridge you got to walk along it every night and see the beautiful castle all lit up, it's fairytale land!!

Room Tip: We had room 19, it has a big lounge and is a twin room. room 8 has a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you very much for your stay in Archibald hotel and for your lovely words written about us... I am happy that you enjoyed a few days in Prague and that we met your expectations. It´s very important for me to read that our guests mention also our polite staff and cleanliness of rooms as well, I really appreciate it and it´s always nice to read it! Thanks.
With best regards to Somerset,

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Could not have asked for a better location, situated on Kampa Island directly under Charles Bridge- ideal location for all attractions. The Archibald sits in the quieter area of Prague in a tree lined avenue, leading into a lovely park. We had 4 nights in March in Room 8, and son & partner had room 10, both with River View & Room 8 having a balcony, the weather(17/20 deg over the 4 days), the hotel, the staff and the Czech people just made the trip. Breakfast was good quality and had a great selection - from eggs, sausage, bacon, pastries, breads, hams, cheeses, yoghurt & fresh fruit and there was no restriction on how many times you went back. set us up for the day's walking!! Rooms were large, good amenities, well stocked mini-bar with snacks & bottle opener. Safe provided with a 500 cz deposit, fully refundable on completion of use. However, I must add that it's such a safe area/hotel probably wasn't needed. Hotel was spotlessly clean throughout and the domestic staff were very thorough. Large comfy beds, linen/towels changed daily, hairdryer & complimentary toiletries provided. Free wifi and the use of an iPad if required. Special mention to Ondrej, who was very pleasant, polite and extremely helpul, who spoke excellent English; nothing was too much trouble for him, He even carried 4 heavy suitcases up to our rooms. Lots of lovely little bars and restuarants surrounding the hotel area. The John Lennon wall is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for your trip to Prague. Will be returning to The Archibald as there is still so much we would like to see and do. Thanks to all at The Archibald for making our trip so enjoyable!!!!

Room Tip: River View is a must!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Guests,
on behalf of Archibald hotel and staff I would like to Thank you so much for your stay with us and for your time taking to write this more then nice review - I am truly happy that you had a pleasant stay here and that you were satisfied with everything from start to finish - all comments are very important for us and feedback like this is also the best motivation for our next work. It will be pleasure for me to share your compliments with Ondrej as well...I really appreciate your recommendation and of course we´ll be glad to welcome you here in future.

Best regards from Prague to North Yorkshire,