“An excellent hotel near all the attractions”

Archibald At the Charles Bridge
Ranked #53 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at Archibald from 9 May to 13 May 2014. It is an excellent hotel near all the attractions. Very close to the Charles Bridge. Our receptionist Jaroslav was very helpful, excellent service. Very clean and beautiful rooms with very large beds. Very nice restaurant, we tasted quite a few suggestions on the menu which were all very good and there is a 20 % discount if you stay at the hotel . Breakfast is a buffet with almost everything. I would suggest this hotel without a 2nd thought. The next time I visit Prague I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the river side have a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene V
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Irene,

thank you for taking your time to review our services. We were pleased to read your positive feedback and I will ensure it is shared with the entire team. We are especialy pleased to learn that you appreciate breakfast, staff and location which is realy central and quiet.
We hope to see you back in the near future. For any special offer you can contact our reservation department or visit our new website where you can find almost everything also you can find us on facebook and share whatever you would like.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Really good hotel. Staff friendly and efficient. A spacious room that was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel was ideal making it a good starting point for our exploration of this beautiful city. The breakfasts were ok with a good choice of food. Did not have evening meal so cannot comment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol D
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Carol,

thank you for your nice words abou our hotel and especially our service. I will pass your appreciation to our management.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looing forward to your next visit. If you will have any special requests, please contact our reservation department in advance.

Wishing you a great day,

Front Office manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, good size comfortable rooms, spotlessly clean, perfect location - central but quiet. Would be happy to go back. Will recommend to friends and family.
Good choice for breakfast by local standards.
And good value via Expedia special offer.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pauline J

Dear Pauline,

Many thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor, but most of all for choosing to stay in Hotel Archibald At the Charles Bridge during your trip to the Prague!

We really appreciate your comments and are so glad that your experience felt like we “fulfilled all of your needs” .

In Archibald At the Charles Bridge we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back once again.

Kind regards,
Jan Kalenda,

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A lovely quiet hotel near to the river. Room was spotless and beautiful. Breakfast was awesome with lots of choices. Couldn't fault anything. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We didn't have dinner at the hotel, so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aligreg
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear valuable guest,
thank you for your kind review! It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are especially glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, room and location which is really charming! If you will plan to return to our hotel and you will have any special requests, please do contact our reservation department.

Wishing you a great day,

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked at last minute after corporate web site let me down so didn't really know what to expect. On arrival (10:30 pm) I was a bit concerned - the reception area is quite small, only staffed by one person. But they were SO helpful. Gave me lots of maps and recommendations, told me i still had time for 1 beer, showed me around the hotel, etc. The room was large with coffee making facilities. The decor was 'classic' rather than 'modern' which fits in with the character of the hotel. There was no desk to work at, but actually that was nice since there was a large sofa (sofa bed?) which was also very comfortable to work on. Wi-fi is free but had a tendency to drop out in the evenings. Location is in a quiet square on Kampa island, literally just off Charles bridge, and it is hard to think of anywhere better. There is a first floor balcony that has some really nice views over the bridge, especially at night. Breakfast (included) is above average, but the restaurant where it is served is great - looks like its an old wine cellar or something with vaulted ceilings.
I knocked one star off for the intermittent wi-fi issue and the bath towels which are starting to show their age - getting towards the stiff and scratchy rather than soft and fluffy, but these are really minor issues and if you are in Prague, this hotel is well worth consideration if its in your price range.

Room Tip: I **think** there are some rooms outside the main building with no covered walk way to breakfast roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hungmung
Archibald h, Front Office Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Mr. Hungmung,
Many thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor, but most of all for choosing to stay in Hotel Archibald At the Charles Bridge during your honeymoon trip to the Prague!

We really appreciate your shared comments with tripadvisor community and are so glad that appreciate our staff.

We want to continuously improve our hotel based on guests reviews so nowadays we continuously working on improving of WI-FI.

In Archibald At the Charles Bridge we all look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back once again so you can convince for yourself the service is still improving.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Just spent 3 days here. Very comfortable hotel in a prime location. Comprehensive continental breakfast (fruit/bread/bacon/eggs/coffee/tea etc). Liked the firm bed.
Would have given 5 stars, but a couple of very minor points added up to a -1. I was given room 28 - right next to reception, the office and the front door (which is a latch type) - so quite noisy during the day from 5:30am to 11pm. But perfect after that. Also has a view of the wall of the building opposite (and vans in the driveway). Wifi was a bit patchy but manageable. Tried to move to another room but they were full.
As I said, minor points and overall a very pleasant stay.

1  Thank EuripidesRex

Dear valuable guest,
thank you for the nice review and very good rating! We are glad to have been able to accomodate you in our hotel and we certainly hope that you will return one day! Thank you for your kind tips for improving our service for other guest. I can assure you that I will bring it up to our highest management. If you will ever plan to come back to Prague, please don´t forget that you can contact us anytime!

Wishing you a great spring,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked the Archibald by Charles bridge in December 2013 for April 3rd- 6th 2014.
I went through Trivago and decided to use Olotels as they were offering this hotel at £63 per night.
I was surprised to see the hotel price increase substantially (£799 per night) as we approach our weekend away.
This concerned me so I decided to email the reservations manager (Anna Klimova) who quickly responded to my email to reassure me that we had definitely got a room at that rate at the Archibald.
However when we arrived at the hotel we were told they had no room for us and escorted us to another hotel across the road. The night receptionist simply told us there was no room for us and he had just been told to take us to an alternative hotel of equal standard (this is debatable.)
I went to see the manager the next morning who told us the hotel was fully booked due to building work. However there were people checking in as I sat there!! I wonder if they had paid the higher rates??
The manager did not want a bad review for this hotel so offered us a meal in the restaurant and a taxi back to the airport.
Obviously I cannot give a honest review of the hotel as I didn't get to stop there. However I can honestly say I was greatly disappointment by their treatment and would be reluctant to try this hotel during busy periods. Trivago or Olotels were not at fault as Anna confirmed my booking. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple