“The Perfect Trip”

Hotel U Prince
Ranked #121 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“The Perfect Trip”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My partner and I opted for a long weekend break at the U-Prince. Our stay was faultless from beginning to end. I would recommend the 800kc hotel private car to collect you from the airport, our driver was waiting as soon as we got our bags and took us straight to the front door of he hotel - so stress free. Apparently taxis can cost between 600-800kc if not more. Upon arriving at 11am we were delighted when they had our room all organised and we checked straight in. The staff were extremely helpful. We were shown to our room and our luggage taken up to the 3rd floor where we had the most beautiful, clean room with a window over looking the square and famous 'Astronomical Clock' which was stunning. Location was ideal, we didn't use any transport all weekend. The longest walk to a tourist attraction is 20 minute walk up to the castle and even that is not far. The black angels bar on level -2 of the hotel is simply the best bar I've ever visited, the cocktails were exquisite, and reasonable! Breakfast was perfect for what you needed prior to a day of sightseeing, beer tasting and visiting many a restaurant. We loved our stay at U-Prince and would recommend in a heartbeat. We will be back, very soon!

Room Tip: Non-smoking
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for a short weekend trip to Prague. The hotel is perfectly located in the center of the old town at the old town square. The great terrace (only roof top terrace in the old town of Prague) is a fantastic spot to discover the old town from above.

The food at the Hotel U Prince was amazing and we enjoyed every meal we had. The menu offers a wide variety of dishes from starters, main and desserts. All the waiters speak different languages and were very helpful with their knowledgeable advices. The menu also provides information about the ingredients such as grilled meat, fit products (low fat and carbs) and so on. (relatively rare to find such information in other restaurant with the heavy kitchen style in Czech Republic).

Outside, guests are able to eat on the old town square on several terraces which are heated and thus even in winter very comfortable.

Also do they sell the best Trdelník in town at a take away counter (traditional Czech sweet pastry).

The rooms are very spacious with a very nice atmosphere. Housekeeping is very efficient and our room has always been cleaned impeccably. Staff is extremely friendly, caring and welcoming. The receptionists were very helpful in providing us great ideas and places to see and go to.

In the evening, the Black Angel's Bar is a must see! The bar is hidden downstairs of the Hotel U Prince in its caves and is an absolute treasury. The bar just got awarded as top 10 hotel bars worldwide - and it definitely deserves it. The design inspired by the 1930's, the candles, the fantastic staff and mixologist, the live piano - all together it creates an atmosphere as unique as its drinks on the menu. Definitely the best cocktails I have ever tasted!

We loved every second at the Hotel U Prince and really did not want to leave.
Will be back very soon:)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear nic_HI88

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our Tripadvisor page, following your recent stay with us.

It was a delight to read your kind words about our top roof restaurant The Terrace, Black Angel’s Bar, Main Restaurant and its outside terrace.

Moreover, it was a pleasure to read that our team was able to make you feel so comfortable and to provide you with a warm welcome to Hotel U Prince. I will indeed share your wonderful comments with our team members.

I am delighted to read that you will soon be back to stay with us, and I very much look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I ventured into this place on hearing that they had the finest cocktail menu in the Czech Rep. They did not disappoint. I'd a Absinthe based cocktail, served in a crystal highball glass on a china plate, the art of the barman making the cocktails was truly inspirational, no half measures here. The music was very apt and the lights were dimmed as he burned the alcohol. Really was a treat to watch. Not allowed to take videos or photos, on busy nights you need to book your seat. Very classy place. A must if visiting Prague. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank greg g
Dear Greg,

I would like to thank you for your fantastic feedback.

We always strive to provide our guests with memorable moments and I am delighted our Black Angel’s team has provided you with excellent service. We are delighted you could experience the “Impossible Possible” at Black Angel’s Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Returned yesterday from a 2 night stay in the Uprince Hotel Prague. What an amazing stay, the hotel is on the Old Square excellent location, extremely comfortable, welcoming and charming. The rooms are amazing filled with antique furniture, very spacious, comfortable, with a magnificent view of the square, including the Tyn Church and Astronomical clock. The service, friendliness of staff excellent, quality and choice of food also excellent. I cannot rate this hotel highly enough, would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone, and would not consider staying anywhere else in Prague. There is a rooftop bar and restaurant which provides you with an excellent view of the city. This was my 4th visit to Prague and will not be the last the city is amazing with Fabulous restaurants nearby. We found if you go into the streets behind the Hotel there are a variety of Czech restaurants with local rustic excellent hearty food our favourite on this trip was the Karavella. Good choice excellent quality and service and very reasobably priced.

Room Tip: Request a view of the square.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear china1Scotland,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your 4th visit to Prague. Along with the rest of our team, I am very pleased to read such positive comments about your experience here with us. I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the luxury of our comfortable and spacious room.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your 5th visit to Prague.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in front of Astronomical Clock. We actually went for Dinner at the hotel . Excellent food. Good vibe . Will definatley go again.They also have a terrace restaurant with very good view over Prague

• Stayed January 2014
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear RParbhoo,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to Hotel U Prince restaurants and I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your dinner and the atmosphere.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Our two nights in room 24, a junior suit with spectacular views over the old town made this the most perfect break. The free WiFi and the excellent inclusive breakfast were a nice surprise. Staff were very pleasant particularly in Black Angel's Bar which was one of the best bars I have ever visited. This is a family run hotel and it's clear from the warm hospitality that they really want to make it a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the town square
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Mr. Ian S,

It is my pleasure to read your kind feedback on Hotel U Prince and I am delighted how highly you appreciate the room 24, breakfast and the free WiFi.

I will certainly share your comments with the Black Angel’s team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed over in this hotel one night before Christmas. I read some reviews here on Tripadvisor and I couldnt choose better hotel! The staff was very helpful and friendly, the receptionist Katka recommended me the world famous Black Angel's Bar which makes the best cocktails in Prague. Unfortunately, I regret that I didnt have time to dine on The Terrace restaurant....the view is unique. You should not miss this hotel during your trip to Prague

PS: The hotel had probably the most beautiful Christmas decoration out of all buildings on the Old Town Square

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Peter Bar,

We would like to thank you for your review about your recent experience at Hotel U Prince.

It is my pleasure to read just how highly you valued the whole stay with us, from the Christmas decoration, Black Angel’s Bar and the service provided by our team.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with Katka and everyone here. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince again soon.