“Wow! Just - wow.”
Review of Hotel U Prince

Hotel U Prince
Ranked #118 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were getting married yesterday, and we couldn't pick better hotel for our needs. The availability is excellent, wedding guests from all over Europe arrived by cars, buses, trains, and planes, hotel has its own luxurious transfer service, with decent and helpful personnel. Trip to the hotel is a breeze, it is also very close to a subway station Staroměstská, 5 to 7 minutes by walk.

The bride had the room ready for herself and her staff since the late morning, and all the preparations took place there. The excellent thing is, that the wedding hall is one minute walk, just across the street, so even in extremely hot weather, all the guests had the comfort of staying cool at the hotel grounds, and then no hassle with attending the wedding itself.

The staff is extremely helpful and attentive, our every wish was fulfilled with smiles on their faces, it is not a thing You see everyday, even in hospitality business.

Air conditioning was quite quiet, the room was surprisingly quiet too, given that it has windows to the street and to the square, where street performers play their instruments since early morning. We have heard them, but it was so soft and unobtrusive, that I was actually suprised by the level of outside noise, when I opened the windows. The interior is very pretty, looks historical, and the place has very nice genius loci. Everything was pristine clean, not a spot of dirt or anything. Due to historic nature of the building, we have been expecting less comfort and were prepared for some "historic dust". However, we were pleasantly surprised, that every piece of furniture, however complexely carved from wood, is clean. It is also very comfortable, and also very thought for, There is not only TV, which one expects automatically, but also a PC for private use.

Bathroom has bathtub AND a separate shower corner, with massage jets, sprinklers and all sort of options, so taking a shower after the wedding day was nothing less than a blessing to our tired bodies. After such a shower, me and my bride have slept so well, that we can not remember how long it was since we got such a good sleep.

The best, unforgettable thing however, was the breakfast on the rooftop terrace. The peace, the serenity, the outstanding view! The care of waiters... The excellent food, everything fresh and mouth-watering! The food was also well thought through, from "heavy stuff" like sausages, bacon and eggs, through the "middleware" such as salmon slices and selection of cheese, to the vegetables and salads - only one word describes the experience: EXCELLENT.

Having Hotel U Prince as our wedding hotel was the choice, and also an experience of a lifetime. Some things and places You never forget.

Hotel U Prince is definitely one of them. Not just because how does it look, but especially because how the personnel is attentive and nice.

Wow.

Room Tip: We had only one room, so I cannot compare, but room No. 12 is a blast. If I ever have a chance, this...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Punik
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Punik,

I would like to thank you for your detailed review about your unforgettable lifetime experience here at Hotel U Prince!

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you once again to your marriage!

I was thrilled to learn that your time with us was such a success, and that our team were able to contribute to such a memorable experience. It is truly a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions such as wedding here, and I am delighted that yours was so fantastic and enjoyable!

Moreover, it was great to read that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your spacious St. Florian suite, the jewel in Hotel U Prince crown!

I am also very happy that the special prepared sumptuous breakfast, served in the unique setting of our Terrace Restaurant, was a success and that you had beautiful weather that morning. You and your wife look very happy on the photographs! It will be my absolute pleasure to pass your excellent feedback on to our dedicated team of chefs and waitress!

I would like to wish both of you a life full of happiness!

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The Hotel is well located right opposite the Astronomical Clock in Stare Mesto.It's a short walk to most major sites.
It is an old UNESCO heritage building but has a lift. Our room # 25 has a long flight of stairs to the loft bedroom - can be a problem getting to the toilet downstairs in the middle of the night! Has aircon but could be more effective. Room is very spacious and comfortable. Big bed is very comfortable.
No coffee/tea making facility. Can be noisy at night but then you are in the heart of the action.
Go up to the famous Roof Terrace Restaurant for dinner or drinks. The view is rewarding. Staff were always helpful and friendly. Say hello to Pavel at check-in - is a very nice and helpful person. Get up early to see the Square before the hordes descend. Hotel is reasonably priced.
Cars cannot come in at certain hours of day so contact hotel when you arrive at closest drop off and Pavel will come and assist you with luggage. Email hotel when booking for best instructions. Hard Rock Cafe around corner is the closest we think. Dragging luggage over cobble stones can be tedious.

Room Tip: Check to see if bedroom is a loft. There may be a few steps(5) once you get out of lift to get to y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear IntrepidTraveller4,

I would like to thank you for posting this wonderful review about your Hotel U Prince experience.

I am very happy to read that your stay with us was truly fantastic. It was great to read that you have especially enjoyed your Junior Suite with its bedroom on a mezzanine level, the rooftop Terrace Restaurant and the quality of our beds.

You have pointed out Pavel for special praise, and I will make sure that he is complemented for his great work at our next Front of House meeting.

I would like to also mention that Hotel U Prince is indeed in a pedestrian area of the city center and only a hotel taxi can enter the area with a special government permission.

Thank you very much once again, and we will be more than happy to welcome you back with us any time!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I came to Prague for the first time and I could not pick the better hotel! My girlfriend and I stayed in room 35 – no view, but the overall presentation makes up for it.

What I have never seen in any other hotel in the world so far is that they have a real Persian carpets in the rooms! Just to mention 35 is a standard double room. I asked the receptionist whether they are real, they provided me with loads of information including the fact they were special bought in Iraq, just to ensure that they get the best quality!

I found it very amazing. What I also liked is that it is a family owned hotel, this place has this unique kind of atmosphere, nothing is the same, it is not like one of those big chains –everywhere in the world the same, plus the décor/deisng fits with the city, antique but stylish. Staff very friendly, very polite and knowledgeable.

Before I booked this hotel I check their page on tripadvisor and everyone mentioned the same location - absolutely fabulous, right in the center. What not many people not mentioned the type of beds the hotel has – amazing, one of the best sleeps I've ever had.

So if you do like luxury for good value, do not hesitate and pick Hotel U Prince!

If I ever go to Prague again I will definitely pick this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cem Caglar,

I would like to thank you for your recent review on our Tripadvisor page.

I am very happy to read that you have had a great stay here with us, and the reception team in particular showed you such excellent service.

Hotel U Prince is indeed a family owned hotel, we are very committed to exceed every guest’s expectations by providing the highest quality amenities.

Thank you once again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic position in Old Prague. The room was clean with charming mezzanine and antique furnitures. The reception service was perfect, I asked for a same day reservation in one of the most popular restaurant in the city and they found me a table. Great atmosphere, especially at the Black Angel's Bar in the basement. Cocktails well done by prepared and professional bartenders.
I highly recommend this hotel both for business trip or vacation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Alesaglietti,

Thank you for taking the time to post this excellent review!

We are most delighted that our location, the room and its design were to your liking and that you would recommend Hotel U Prince to other travellers for both business and leisure holiday.

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location right in the heart of the Old Town Square very close to bars, cafés, restaurants and shops. The hotel it self was exceptionally clean and the staff were very helpful and polite. The only down side to this hotel is also the location, being in the heart of the Old Town Square it can be a bit noisy in the evenings and you can hear the Astronomical clock chiming. The terrace restaurant in the hotel is a must visit, the food and service was excellent as was the view over the square. They also have the Black Angels Bar in the cellar were you can enjoy the superb cocktails. The breakfast was very good with excellent choice of food, should have no problem finding something you like. Personally I would highly recommend this hotel, I went with my wife for our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed for 3 nights and couldn't have picked a better place to be or to go. Many thanks to the U Prince Hotel and all the staff for making our stay so good.

Room Tip: The terrace restaurant is a must visit.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff H
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback on our TripAdvisor page.

I was thrilled to hear that you have had a great time here with us at Hotel U Prince! We certainly work very hard to achieve this and it is rewarding and reassuring to receive amazing comments such as yours. We are a small boutique hotel and we have a very dedicated team who wants to make every guest‘s stay memorable, I am very happy we made this excellent impression on you.

I will certainly pass your comment about our breakfast and rooftop restaurant The Terrace to our Executive Chef, Lukas Vácha. I am sure he will be delighted to know that you found both of them excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel U Prince in the near future!.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our little window opened up to a side view of the hourly ringing astronomical clock. Great view of the passing vibrancy of old town square. There are ear plugs supplied in one of drawers. But who wants to sleep so much when there are all these amazing cocktails to try down at one of the best bars in Europe, Black Angels bar. Good service all round but rooms a tad tired and cramped. Have to ask for the iron, the kettle ( own tea bags) but very nice staff. Keeps you fit as you may prefer the stairs as the glass lift takes too long. Just walk everywhere or grab public taxis as the hotel car is exceedingly pricey. Overall, great location.

Room Tip: The lower floor rooms may be bigger.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michal M, General Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Greenmambo,

Thank you for posting this very good review about your very recent visit in Hotel U Prince.

I am delighted to read you have enjoyed the view from your room, it is well said you can feel the vibrancy of the Old Town Square. I am also very happy that you had a great time in our Black Angel’s Bar. The team is very proud to be among top 4 hotel bars in the world.

That being sad, I am very concerned about your comment regarding your room. Knowing that I have talked to you on several occasions throughout your stay. I remembered that you mentioned that the hotel chauffer service is a bit too expensive however I would like to mention, we always advice the price in advance, we do not hide any prices to any of our guests. Furthermore, only the hotel chauffer can pick you at the entrance of the hotel since we are in a pedestrian area. We can only recommend our hotel chauffer since services provided by other taxi companies do not match our hotel’s expectation. We strive to provide an excellent experience to all of our guests and in the past we have received numerous complaints about local taxi services.

Thank you very much once again, and when you plan a return visit to Prague please do contact me directly. I will be more than happy to assist you personally to choose the perfect room for you.

Michal Marek

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in whilst on a city tour. I travelled with my best friend to the wonderful city of Prague, we had arranged a driver through the hotel to pick us up from the airport, he drove us up to the door of the hotel were a porter was waiting for us. On arrival we went straight to the reception desk, staff were polite and efficient. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the square and the famous clock, room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is ideally positioned for everything the city has to offer, recommend the Terrace on the rooftop of the hotel, what a wonderful find. The Black Angel Bar in the cellar of the UPrince is a treasure. Would highly recommend this hotel to anybody, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Lyndsay,

I was honor to read your first sentence – “this was one of the best hotels that I have stayed in whilst on a city tour”. This is what every Hotel Manager can really wish for.

It makes us also proud to know that you found our service polite and efficient and your room comfortable and clean. I am very happy that we made your stay in Prague so pleasant and enjoyable.

Thank you once more for posting your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.