“Rooftop Terrace” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #91 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Washington, Missouri
“Rooftop Terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at the advice of our host at the rooftop terrace. This has to be the best dining view of the city. The food was excellent and the mixed drinks were perfection (the Anniversary and the Mich Martini were our faves). It is a must if you have the opportunity to go to Prague.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Kittykat2012,

Thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor page!

We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience at the Terrace at Hotel U Prince. All of your kind words about your experience with us are great to hear, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your dinner.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Michaela Bauerova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently enjoyed a family week with our teen son at the U Prince in Prague, which we chose for the location and historic nature of the property. Loved it, even with all of the August tourist hoopla at the hotel and its ancillary restaurant(s). In addition to being across the square from the Astronomical Clock and other attractions, it was close to trams in between two Metro stops. Breakfasts were ample and well-done. Birthday drinks on the roof terrace, with a view of the city, was particularly memorable. The air conditioning was a little anemic for our liking in our junior suite, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the 2-level room save for sleeping. The staff was very professional and attuned to guests' needs, and was helpful in every way - even with our attempts to venture into speaking Czech. Highly recommend U Prince.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel U Prince and for your wonderful review on our TripAdvisor Page

It is always such a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here at Hotel U Prince, and I am delighted that you selected the Terrace for your birthday drinks, the view is truly magical.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team members, and please be assured that I pass them your positive comment.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel U Prince, for another memorable stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I ate on the roof top terrace at lunch time on my last day. Amazing views of Old Town Square! And the roof tops in Prague.
The food was delicious to. I had the knuckle of pork. It melted in my mouth, it was so tender.
Although a little pricey I recommend this restaurant for the view. You can just have drinks up here too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear KT1809,

Thank you for your recent visit and for writing this review about our Terrace at Hotel U Prince.

I was delighted to know that you had a great time in our restaurant! I will certainly pass your feedback to the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef. The knuckle of pork is a typical Czech dish and belongs to one of the favourites. Guests can certainly come and enjoy one of our delicious cocktails from our new Menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, in our restaurants or in our hotel next time.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

So it's GREAT food here, but you certainly pay for it. The service was average, the location was incredible, and the food was incredible (I ordered goulash). I guess if I were to do it again, I'd ask to sit on the rooftop terrace, but I'm not disappointed that we sat at ground level outside, either. Worth it for a one-time deal!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Isabel,

Thank you for reviewing our Restaurant at Hotel U Prince.

I was delighted to know that you had a great time in our restaurant! I will certainly pass your feedback to the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef. It is a fantastic motivation for all of us.

Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Well I was a bit worried after booking online and feeling like we were getting the switcheroo when I booked room 12, and then they confirmed room 11 - a nice room Im sure but NOT room 12. Eventually they did sort it out.... but it took may emails.

If you can afford it, book room 12. Wow is all I can say. The room is like 1000' ft and includes a HUGE terrace as well. 2 separate beds, in 2 rooms. A computer desk with wired internet. A bathroom with 2 showers and fit for a king. And the whole thing decorated as though you are in a Palace, with huge carved furnishings and paintings that are taller than me. My husband and I stayed there with our two teen aged kids. My dad stayed in room 35, a couple floors up. Very nice room, but again.... it's no room 12..lol

Room 12 is right off the reception which is actually on the 2nd level of the buildng (1st floor in European counting) We had no issue with noise, although I did have some concern. The windows were all doubled and that really did help.

I found the exchange rate at the hotel desk was comparable to everything else we saw for exchanging money. There were several little mini marts walkable distance and this location can not be beat. The staff were very helpful. There was no funny business upon checking out other than some slight exchange rate "slippages" I wasnt willing to argue about. We felt we got value.

The breakfast was nice and included.

I know this hotel has had it's fair share of knocks in the past. I can only say that our stay in WONDERFUL room 12 was one of the best we have had and we have traveled extensively.... Would rate highly....

Room Tip: ROOM 12!!!!!! Need I say more.....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear LCHand,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing this review about your recent excellent experience in Hotel U Prince.

We were delighted to know that your stay with your family was such a success and that we were able to make you feel royal! We are indeed extremely fortunate to be able to call such a majestic, and indeed historical building our home, and it is such a pleasure for us to hear about our guests’ appreciation of it also.

I completely agree with you that The St. Florian Suite, number 12, is indeed amazing, it is our signature suite and jewel in the crown of Hotel U Prince. We would like to thank you for posting the authentic panoramic pictures, you took during your stay.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Hotel U Prince.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Firstly the location of this hotel just doesn't get any better, we choose this hotel after eating there several times on a New Years visit, & decided we would spend our birthdays back in Prague & at this wonderful hotel.
The email correspondence prior to our arrival was superb, so we knew everything would run smoothly ... & it did from airport pick up to drop off.
The Hotel U Prince is a very well oiled & equally well run hotel, bar & restaurant, no doubt down to Michal & his fantastic team.
It's location is second to none, opposite the Anatomical clock & right in the heart of the busy Old Town. The rooms are very opulent in design with replica antique furnishings, as are the public areas.
The rooftop terrace is fantastic with views over the Town Square & the view is truly stunning.
We had the honor & delight of having a private birthday breakfast served up here ... So many many thanks again to Michal & all his team ... It was a truly special day!!!
I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacsy9112014
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Jacsy,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write and post your lovely feedback and detailed review about your stay at Hotel U Prince.

I was genuinely happy to learn that as a return guest of our restaurant U Prince, you chose our hotel for such a special celebration! And that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am also thrilled that the special prepared breakfast on the rooftop Terrace was such a success!

I do very much look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Hotel U Prince, which I am confident will be another enjoyable experience.

Orenburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

It's a very beautiful hotel right in the heart of the city (you couldn't wish for a better location!). And the terrace is simply amazing : you can see the Old Town Square, Týn Church, the astronomical clock from the top! And the food served there is great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
Dear Darya,

Thank you for reviewing our rooftop Terrace at Hotel U Prince.

I am thrilled to know that you had fantastic time here with us and that you also liked our seasonal Menu prepared by our internationally award winning Executive Chef Lukáš Vácha and his team

I do very much look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to The Terrace at Hotel U Prince, which I am confident will be an enjoyable experience again.