“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 667 Hotels in Prague
Nuremberg, Germany
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Perfect Hotel, Excellent staff... The receptionist was very helpful, Patrick was awsome, helped with parking and bags. Had a bottle of champaine and strawberries for my anniversary before I could even ask. We were treated like superstars. Best Hotel I've been in Europe.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Zaqan G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our TripAdvisor page.

I was thrilled to read that Patrik and our receptionist was able to provide such a warm and friendly welcome to our hotel. And I am so happy to read that you very much liked the hotel amenities we prepared for your anniversary. It is very encouraging to read about the wonderful experience of our guests.

We do hope to welcome you back for another amazing stay at Hotel U Prince.

Michaela Bauerova

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grafenwöhr, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This 5 star hotel is located right in the dead center of Prague. It is walking distance to everything. My husband and I were there for our 16th anniversary and loved every minute of our stay there. The hotel is from the 12th century so it is breathtaking. It has a rooftop restaurant with beautiful views of Prague. The receptionist was super nice. An employee, Patrick was super super nice and polite. He parked our car, carried all the luggage, and answered all our questions. I plan to make this my go to hotel whenever I am in Prague.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed great, this is a small hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Dear Honey H,

Thank you for your kind and wonderful review.

I am delighted to learn that your first stay here with us was such a success, especially as it was your 16th anniversary, and that our team made you feel so welcome.

Our Front office team are always on hand to assist with any requests, and always so happy to help. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to them especially Patrik, and the rest of our team who helped contribute to such a memorable experience.

We are very proud and happy to be your first choice when travelling to Prague. It is a true reward for us.

Hotel U Prince team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

NYC and Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my 15 year old son on a wind whirl trip to Germany and Prague. This hotel is perfectly situated for where we wanted to be - right in the center of the old historic, and yes tourist, district. The square is noisy well into the night, but that's exactly what we were looking for - well-lit, busy, let's have a drink/ice cream/coffee at 1 am type of place.

The front desk staff was absolutely wonderful - English speaking and very helpful. We normally do not require a lot of extra anything from the hotel, but it's nice to know there is someone who can help if need be,

Our room was way up (yes, there is an elevator), almost on the top floor, facing back. The decor is vintage "middle european, dark wood and maroon brocade". The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was reasonably large and unexpectedly modern. Even the shower didn't splatter all over the floor. There are no closets. But our room had a nice entryway with a high armoire that cold hold all of our clothes. Our room also had a safe, which I learned to always use when traveling to safely keep passports, plane/train tickets, etc. We didn't have a view, but also didn't hear much noise, which I can understand can be a problem with front facing rooms. The weather was fairly warm, but we had plenty of AC, which I found shocking for such an old building. The breakfast was free, delicious, varied and big enough to sustain you through many hours of site seeing. Many attractions are a quick walk away - we only took the metro twice, once on the way from the train station, and walked everywhere else.

The hotel has a lovely restaurant on its rooftop. We tried it for lunch - the view was great (although there is no shortage of lovely views in this city), the food was good and the service was what I would describe as "fine", as in - this is definitely Prague… no one is hovering to see if you might desire something at any given moment, BUT very acceptable.

Overall, this was our first time in Prague and we left thinking it was the highlight of our trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard if you prefer a quieter room, or go to sleep early. Rooms facin...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear NYCandCT, Guests,

Thank you for staying with us and writing this kind review on our TripAdvisor page.

I was delighted to read that your family’s time with us was so successful, and that you and your son enjoyed your time with us. We do believe that the details make the difference, and I am happy to hear that these were appreciated by both of you.

I appreciate and I thank you for your comments regarding the service you received at The Terrace at Hotel U Prince during your visit. I will certainly communicate this with our Restaurant Manager because our goal is not provide “fine” service to our valued guests.

I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Hotel U Prince, for another wonderful experience.

Washington, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at the advice of our host at the rooftop terrace. This has to be the best dining view of the city. The food was excellent and the mixed drinks were perfection (the Anniversary and the Mich Martini were our faves). It is a must if you have the opportunity to go to Prague.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Kittykat2012,

Thank you for your review on our TripAdvisor page!

We are thrilled to know that you had a wonderful experience at the Terrace at Hotel U Prince. All of your kind words about your experience with us are great to hear, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your dinner.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently enjoyed a family week with our teen son at the U Prince in Prague, which we chose for the location and historic nature of the property. Loved it, even with all of the August tourist hoopla at the hotel and its ancillary restaurant(s). In addition to being across the square from the Astronomical Clock and other attractions, it was close to trams in between two Metro stops. Breakfasts were ample and well-done. Birthday drinks on the roof terrace, with a view of the city, was particularly memorable. The air conditioning was a little anemic for our liking in our junior suite, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the 2-level room save for sleeping. The staff was very professional and attuned to guests' needs, and was helpful in every way - even with our attempts to venture into speaking Czech. Highly recommend U Prince.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michaela B, Quality Manager at Hotel U Prince, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel U Prince and for your wonderful review on our TripAdvisor Page

It is always such a pleasure for us when our guests choose to spend their special occasions here at Hotel U Prince, and I am delighted that you selected the Terrace for your birthday drinks, the view is truly magical.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team members, and please be assured that I pass them your positive comment.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel U Prince, for another memorable stay.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I ate on the roof top terrace at lunch time on my last day. Amazing views of Old Town Square! And the roof tops in Prague.
The food was delicious to. I had the knuckle of pork. It melted in my mouth, it was so tender.
Although a little pricey I recommend this restaurant for the view. You can just have drinks up here too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear KT1809,

Thank you for your recent visit and for writing this review about our Terrace at Hotel U Prince.

I was delighted to know that you had a great time in our restaurant! I will certainly pass your feedback to the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef. The knuckle of pork is a typical Czech dish and belongs to one of the favourites. Guests can certainly come and enjoy one of our delicious cocktails from our new Menu.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, in our restaurants or in our hotel next time.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

So it's GREAT food here, but you certainly pay for it. The service was average, the location was incredible, and the food was incredible (I ordered goulash). I guess if I were to do it again, I'd ask to sit on the rooftop terrace, but I'm not disappointed that we sat at ground level outside, either. Worth it for a one-time deal!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Isabel,

Thank you for reviewing our Restaurant at Hotel U Prince.

I was delighted to know that you had a great time in our restaurant! I will certainly pass your feedback to the Restaurant Manager and the Executive Chef. It is a fantastic motivation for all of us.