Design Hotel Sax is extremely charming. It might not be the most luxurious hotel I have ever been to, but it is definitely the hotel with most charm and character. The rooms were clean, included an aircon, had huge beautiful windows and a flat-screen TV.
We had a basic package which included:
- Wonderful breakfast with cheese, bread, and a meny from which we could order omelettes, panncakes, etc, which was included in the breakfast.
- Afternoon tea with coffee, tea, wine, beer, cakes etc.
- Laptop with free internet access in the room. This was really appreciated since we looked up museums, restaurants and other stuff each morning.
The staff was awesome and very friendly. The hotel is a few steps away from the main road in Lesser Town (Mala Strana) and just a 5-10 minute walk to the main bride that takes you over to the Old Town.
There were plenty of restaurants, cafés and shops around the hotel. The hotel was easy to find and the atmosphere was perfect.
This is one of the best hotels I have evern been to and if I ever go back to Prague (which I probably will in the near future since I really loved the city), I will most definitely stay at Design Hotel Sax again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique boutique hotel in Prague exudes the bohemian spirit of an art gallery. Enjoy the vintage design elegance and style of the 50s, 60s, and 70s inside when you return from admiring the ancient masterpieces of architecture outside. In the Vintage Design Hotel Sax you will find original furniture representing the period's cutting edge designers such as Panton, Colani, Saarinen, Eames and others. Our hotel is located directly under Prague Castle. We are close to Charles Bridge, St. Vitus Cathedral, the Strahov Monastery and the Infant Jesus of Prague. Lesser Town (Mala Strana) district is a great choice for travelers interested in history, architecture and city walks. Public transport stations are also very close - only 5 minutes of walking to the nearest tram station and 10 minutes to subway. Prague Airport is about 20 minutes by taxi or car from the Hotel. The most beautiful days start with tasty complimentary buffet breakfast and we recommend you to enjoy it on our terrace with gorgeous view of Petřín Tower and Prague Castle. Are you tired after all day walking? Let yourself be pampered in our luxury Fitness centre or you can have private massage inr your room. You will have so many experiences from Prague, you can share them with all your friends via Free Wi-Fi connection throughout the hotel. And if you want to see a film for sweet dreams you can choose from our DVD library. Some of these facilities are available at an additional cost. Parking (for extra fee) is not a problem – you can park your car in front of the hotel, in the garage or in our newly opened parking complex, situated only 10 minutes of walking from Vintage Design Hotel SAX. The Hotel and all rooms are air-conditioned. Each room is equipped with complimentary Yves Rocher cosmetics. Our staff will exceed your expectations with their personal yet professional attitude as they provide you with a level of service 24h a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vintage Design Hotel Sax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Design Hotel Prague
- Hotel Sax