“One of the most accommodating hotels I have stayed in.”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #32 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Kent, Ohio, United States
“One of the most accommodating hotels I have stayed in.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I led a group of 18 people who were visiting Prague. While the weather was not great -- lots of rain -- the hotel came equipped with umbrellas for everyone. The extraordinarily helpful staff gave me fantastic suggestions of places to eat and things to do. The complimentary breakfasts were of a high quality and the rooms were comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to a Prague traveler. Jst try to visit when it is not raining!.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank David K
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear David,

I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay in Prague despite the weather. It was a pleasure for us to welcome your group at our hotel and I highly appreciate your feedback. Reviews like yours are the best motivation for each member of our team.

I will be glad to meet you or any of your friends and colleagues at our hotel again in future.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Williamston, Michigan
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We recently returned from Prague and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Louren Hotel. The rooms were lovely, breakfast in the morning was delicious ..and we loved the proximity to the subway system. The price was very reasonable and staff very helpful... I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Szuz
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Szuz,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your friends. Thank you for choosing our place and sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

I will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel again in future.

Kind regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 nights stay at the Louren Hotel. The reception desk is open 24hrs so it was no problem for us to check in late at night! The reception staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms are good value for money, nicely decorated, extremely large, big beds, very clean, etc. We were very impressed with the rooms. Breakfast was included and was a buffet downstairs. The food was lovely. They have a bar which is open pretty much all the time which is great for a night cap or cup of tea. The hotel is located in a quiet area and is in walking distance from the old town and bridge. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when we are next in Prague!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 000CST000
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear guest 000CST000,

Many thanks for choosing our hotel for yoru recent stay in Prague. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our service and we were able to meet yourr expectations. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel, I really appreciate it.

I will be happy to meet you anytime you are in Prague again!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 May 2013

In one word: terrific.
This is one of the best hotels I have been to.
- It is decorated in a very nice way, the rooms are big and comfortable, and you can see high standard guidelines all over the hotel.
- The breakfast had relatively (to other hotels) small variety to choose from, but (unlike many other hotels) everything was good and tasty. You can order few forms of eggs and it was prepared on the spot in a very tasty way (at least the scrambled eggs with everything which I always ordered).
- The checkout is at 12:00 which means you can quietly eat breakfast and only after that pack up.
- Free WIFI in the rooms (which was finally actually strong enough to actually rely on).
- The staff is pleasant and the room service is good .

Basically as close to perfect hotel I have ever been to.

Since nothing is perfect here are some cons of the hotel (or points to improve)
- The location is not perfect, it’s not bad (around 5-7 min) walk to the metro but it’s not perfect. There are some good restaurants and mini-markets close to the hotel, but if you are looking for a hotel in the middle of the action, it’s not the right hotel for you.
- To be picky , the amount of body gel and shampoo is not enough for two people , we were given extra once we asked for but that kind of stuff is what makes the difference from perfect to “close to perfect” in my opinion.
- Again extra picky, but there are not enough shelves in the closet for the clothes.
- It's a small hotel so I think it misses a swimming pool , gym and other services big hotels have (I might be wrong though) , so if that's important to you I suggest verifying with the hotel prior reservation.

Again, overall, great hotel and highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maximbu
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Maxim,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your wonderful review as well.

I am happy to hear you liked our rooms and breakfast and that you were satisfied with our staff and service. I also highly appreciate your improvements recommendations as this will help us to make things better in future.

Once again thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor and for your recommendations!

Anytime you are in Prague again I will be pleased to meet you at our hotel.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I selected the Louren Hotel after spending quite a bit of time on Trip Advisor reading many reviews of many hotels in many locations in Prague! The Louren seemed to have the best balance of price, accommodation quality, and location. We were very happy with the hotel, and we've recommended it to friends that will be going to Prague in a few weeks. We booked a junior suite and we had a large, spacious room and bathroom. The breakfast (served from 7 -10) was very nice, they put out a nice, small spread and then make to order eggs, etc. The front desk personnel were really nice and helpful. It was an easy walk (2 blocks) to the metro and just a few stops on the metro to get to Old Town. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you would like to stay in a more quiet location, with slightly more upscale accommodation and you don't mind taking the metro a couple stops to get to the "main action" of Prague.

Room Tip: Because these are converted apartments, the elevator stops are "staggered" between floors...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Allison_722
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Allison_722,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague. I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations based on our reviews and that you were happy with our hotel.

Many thanks for your feedback and for valuable tips for all other readers/travelers, I really appreciate it.

I will be pleased to meet you at our hotel again in future.

Wish you a nice day!

Detroit
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is my second trip to Prague and I couldn't have been more pleased to have found the Louren Hotel. Its location was chosen because of its convenience to the Flora district where our son lived during his university time; that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Old Town and overtly tourist-y areas made it a bonus. The staff could not have been more accommodating, whether it was in making dinner suggestions and reservations to following up with extreme tenacity in pursuit of lost luggage (mine). We enjoyed going to the farmer's market across on Saturday and taking in some of the local sights and smells. I spend at least 100 days a year on the road in my business so I have to be in hotels. If they were all like the Louren Hotel, my life would be much more pleasant. Highly recommend to any and all.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, away from the street, which provided easy access to the lobby and was v...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank autowriter
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear autowriter,

What a review! This is exactly what I do this job for. Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for your great feedback. I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay with us. I believe everything was OK with your luggage at your flight back home :)

Anytime you are travelling to Prague again we will be delighted to welcome you again!

Birsfelden, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 May 2013

My wife and 3 children (5, 10 and 15) stayed for 3 nights from May 17-19th during the Prague Marathon. We booked a family room that had steps leading up to a loft from the main room. The room was very clean and the hotel had a very pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was served every morning from 7-10 and there was a nice selection to choose from. My 2 younger kids loved the options available to them.

The metro stop was a quick 3-4 minute walk away and you could be near Old Town Center in 3 stops on the subway (about 7-8 minutes).

Lucia was extremely helpful in providing us print outs of tram and subway connections, tickets for transportation and help with pointing out the best location for my wife and kids to watch the marathon.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Prague. While it is not in the town center, it is still very convenient and there are plenty of restaurants in the area. The pleasant hotel staff and quality of the hotel can't be beat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CLuther_13
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Craig,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and also for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers. I am really glad you and your family have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

I was pleased to help you with your reservation request and I am sorry I was unable to meet you personally. That is why I believe it was my colleague Jana from the front desk (unfortunately not me :) ) who helped you with everything during your stay. I am happy to hear she was at your disposal and that you appreciated it.

I believe I will have chance to meet you at our hotel in future.