“Quiet Haven in Prague”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #25 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My family of four stayed three nights a the Louren Hotel during the Prague floods. We couldn't have been more pleased with the accommodations and the service. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped with great restaurant suggestions, transit tickets, umbrellas, cabs, and bowls to help eat our take-out pho from down the street. The breakfast had a wide range of foods. The hotel is located a little way out from the hustle and bustle of the old town, but the subway is just a short walk away. The benefit from staying outside of the tourist zone was quiet nights and easy access to restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Josefree,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. I am happy to hear that the rainy weather and floods did not spoil your holiday. Many thanks for mentioning our staff and service, I really appreciate it.

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

For me is important the first impression, when I arrived I reviewed the place and my conclusion is: the hold of the hotel is beatiful and when you are attend for a gorgeous recepcionist than Jana, the begin was good.
The rooms are nice with good service, the breakfast is good, the only problem is the distance to Wenceslao place, in my case I like walk and the distance is 3 kilometers approximately to this place but if you dont like walk you can choose a train who pass very near to the hotel.
My conclusión is: excellent place with a beutiful recepcionist.

Room Tip: Puedes tomar habitaciones con vista a la calle Slezsca.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear Alvarofarled,

Many thanks for your kind feedback! I am very happy you have chosen our hotel and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your positive experiences regarding our staff, rooms and breakfast we highly appreciate it.

We will be all pleased to welcome you at our hotel again in future!

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here for the last 3 nights during the floods, the staff were extremely helpful with finding out if our train to Munich was still running as well as helping us send parcels home. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast more than enough. The restaurants they recommended were great as well, I highly recommend staying here and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Natalie W

Dear Natalie W,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel! I am glad we were all able to help you with your requests and I highly appreciate you have mentioned it here on TripAdvisor.

It is nice to hear you wish to come back again and we will be all pleased to meet you in future.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I led a group of 18 people who were visiting Prague. While the weather was not great -- lots of rain -- the hotel came equipped with umbrellas for everyone. The extraordinarily helpful staff gave me fantastic suggestions of places to eat and things to do. The complimentary breakfasts were of a high quality and the rooms were comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to a Prague traveler. Jst try to visit when it is not raining!.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank David K
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear David,

I am really happy you have enjoyed your stay in Prague despite the weather. It was a pleasure for us to welcome your group at our hotel and I highly appreciate your feedback. Reviews like yours are the best motivation for each member of our team.

I will be glad to meet you or any of your friends and colleagues at our hotel again in future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We recently returned from Prague and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Louren Hotel. The rooms were lovely, breakfast in the morning was delicious ..and we loved the proximity to the subway system. The price was very reasonable and staff very helpful... I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Szuz
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Szuz,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel with your friends. Thank you for choosing our place and sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor.

I will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel again in future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We really enjoyed our 3 nights stay at the Louren Hotel. The reception desk is open 24hrs so it was no problem for us to check in late at night! The reception staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms are good value for money, nicely decorated, extremely large, big beds, very clean, etc. We were very impressed with the rooms. Breakfast was included and was a buffet downstairs. The food was lovely. They have a bar which is open pretty much all the time which is great for a night cap or cup of tea. The hotel is located in a quiet area and is in walking distance from the old town and bridge. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again when we are next in Prague!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 000CST000

Dear guest 000CST000,

Many thanks for choosing our hotel for yoru recent stay in Prague. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed our service and we were able to meet yourr expectations. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel, I really appreciate it.

I will be happy to meet you anytime you are in Prague again!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

In one word: terrific.
This is one of the best hotels I have been to.
- It is decorated in a very nice way, the rooms are big and comfortable, and you can see high standard guidelines all over the hotel.
- The breakfast had relatively (to other hotels) small variety to choose from, but (unlike many other hotels) everything was good and tasty. You can order few forms of eggs and it was prepared on the spot in a very tasty way (at least the scrambled eggs with everything which I always ordered).
- The checkout is at 12:00 which means you can quietly eat breakfast and only after that pack up.
- Free WIFI in the rooms (which was finally actually strong enough to actually rely on).
- The staff is pleasant and the room service is good .

Basically as close to perfect hotel I have ever been to.

Since nothing is perfect here are some cons of the hotel (or points to improve)
- The location is not perfect, it’s not bad (around 5-7 min) walk to the metro but it’s not perfect. There are some good restaurants and mini-markets close to the hotel, but if you are looking for a hotel in the middle of the action, it’s not the right hotel for you.
- To be picky , the amount of body gel and shampoo is not enough for two people , we were given extra once we asked for but that kind of stuff is what makes the difference from perfect to “close to perfect” in my opinion.
- Again extra picky, but there are not enough shelves in the closet for the clothes.
- It's a small hotel so I think it misses a swimming pool , gym and other services big hotels have (I might be wrong though) , so if that's important to you I suggest verifying with the hotel prior reservation.

Again, overall, great hotel and highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maximbu

Dear Maxim,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your wonderful review as well.

I am happy to hear you liked our rooms and breakfast and that you were satisfied with our staff and service. I also highly appreciate your improvements recommendations as this will help us to make things better in future.

Once again thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor and for your recommendations!

Anytime you are in Prague again I will be pleased to meet you at our hotel.