“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #30 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Seville, Spain
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were in Prague for a week and chose this hotel for the location and value for money. The staff were very helpful, our check in was at a late time so we called them and they arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The location was in a quiet part of town but very close to the main metro line and getting into the city centre wasn't a problem.

We were a bit suprised when we were given a key that opened both our room and the front door (an actual key instead of a key card) and I was worried that the same key could open all the rooms, although I didn't test this theory. The room was a good size, clean and with a big bed, I thought the bed was ok but my wife thought it was too soft. The prices in the minibar were also quite reasonable.

The main reason we can't give it an excellent rating is because of the house keeping. We don't expect new sheets every night but we stayed for 6 nights and the sheets were never changed. The sink, bath and toilet were cleaned but the floor still had dirt and hair left from previous days, it wasn't a big deal but we didn't expect it at a 4 star hotel.

Other people have mentioned that there isn't a great amount of variety at breakfast, we thought they had a good range although if you want something hot, eggs seem to be the main option. Everything we had was nice and we didn't get bored even after 6 days. Also try and get down early as they do run out of things. We had some nice croissants on the first day and then did't see them again for a few days.

Overall it was a good experience and we would stay there again.

1 Thank BobGema
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear BobGema,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your feedback. I really appreciate all the information/facts you have mentioned.

We are using a special secured key system at our hotel so each room key can open the front door. Of course you can always only open your room with your key. If anyone want to try it, it is no problem for us to go with the guest and try to open different room to demonstrate it will not work.

I am glad to hear you were happy with your room but I have to admit I was horrified by your experiences with our housekeeping. As the cleanliness of the rooms is our top priority we will investigate the mentioned situation. Something like this can never happen. The sheets are always changed after 2 - 3 nights or more often if necessary or requested. Floors are vacuumed and wiped each day - or at least should be according to our housekeeping rules. I have immediately forwarded your review to our General Manager and we will make all necessary to avoid such an unacceptable situation in future. I cannot imagine how could something like this happen as our guests are always satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms. I believe the new chamber maid just did not follow the rules or had bad days but still, this can never happen again. Anyhow thank you very much for letting us know about this issue - now we know, that something went wrong and we will take care of it.

I am also pleased to hear you have enjoyed the breakfast. Usually we do refill everything but occasionally the suppliers do not bring everything on time and when the hotel is full we might get run out of some stuff. I will also talk about this with the person responsible so we will be better prepared and stocked next time.

After all I have to say I am very happy about your conclusion as there is a change for us to make everything perfect at your next visit.

Have a good day and hope to see you at our hotel again in future!

Lucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cesis, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Excellent location (few hundred meters to underground station, twenty minutes walk to old town), nice staff, good breakfast. Only downside is quite expensive car park. (Although it is not provided by hotel, but still...)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Janis,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague!

Thank you also for your nice positive feedback which we really do appreciate. Parking possibilities are very limited in our area and that is why we have to rent some parking places nearby for our guests even if the price is higher. The price our guests pay for the parking at our hotel is exactly the same we do pay for using/renting those places. We are still searching for some other solutions but unfortunately without any success so far.

I will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel again in future!

Marietta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is a late review, but I really thought I had already done this. I stayed solo here in May, and I can not say enough good things about it! All of the staff was so nice, beginning with the person I dealt with for reservations. I am sorry I do not remember her name, but I have since deleted my messages, thinking I had already done this.

This is just a few minutes walk from the subway stop. I did arrive home after dark one night, and made sure to follow someone as far as I could for safety reason. But I never felt unsafe walking here, just being cautious. My room was quite large by European standards. The breakfast was great, and the cleaning staff were super nice as well. The price as a lot better than staying in the center of town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Joan Marietta,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback!

I am glad you have chosen our hotel for your May stay in Prague and I am even happier you have enjoyed it. I was pleased to assist you with your reservation and I highly appreciate you have taken your time to share your experiences here on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours are the highest reward of our work and a great motivation for me and all my colleagues.

I will be pleased to welcome you at our hotel again in future.

Have a great day!

Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Highly recommended hotel in Prague! Very good service, delicious breakfast, clean, nice rooms. Located in a quiet residencial area. 3-5 minutes walk to the U-bahn. With the U-bahn 2-3 stops away from the city centre. Very good value hotel!

Dear Nassenoffe,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel!

I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay at our wonderful city and that you have had a nice time at our hotel. Many thanks for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it.

Once you are in Prague again we will be pleased to meet you at our place again!

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Me and my wife,we stayed at the Louren hotel for 5 days, from 06/08/2013 to 11/08/2013.Hotel facilities were perfect,room was large and clean.It was a junior suite with a very nice price.The hotel is 5 minutes walk from metro station.The metro station is 10 minutes away from the center (Mustek station - Stare mesto).The breakfast satisfied us.The hotel is near to restaurants and super markets area.Definitely, I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

1 Thank EFSTATHIOS B
Dear EFSTATHIOS B,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel recently!

I am very glad you and your wife have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and decided to share your experiences with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We highly appreciate our great feedback with lots of nice photos!

Thank you for the recommendation and I believe we will see you at our hotel again in future!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Knowledgeable, helpful and friendly staff. Large bedroom and bathroom (for European standards). Convenient parking. Free wifi. Air conditioning. Great breakfast. Convenient location, walking distance to main tourist attractions or short walk to Metro line. Personally I would rather stay a short walk away from the heavy tourist areas; hotel and parking is more accessible, the street is quieter and restaurants in the neighbourhood provide a authentic Czech experience at reasonable prices. The only criticism was that the mattress was not very comfortable. I would return to this hotel and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Inquire about different mattress types (if available)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elmar K
Dear Elmar K,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague!

I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our service. I really appreciate all the useful information you have mentioned in your review. I would like to especially thank you for mentioning our staff - we are all members of one team with one goal - to make our gests satisfied and make their stay as nice as possible.

Regarding the mattress - I know, each person has different standards and we always try to follow them. Even if we do not know the preferences before arrival, we can still do something for you after 1st night. When you find our mattress uncomfortable and we have a different room available, we will offer it to you. Of course, this depends on the hotel occupancy. That is why we also have another solution - to make the mattress softer we can offer you an extra mattress (4 cm thick) which will be put on the top of the original one.

We will be pleased to be your "home away from home" again in future.

Have a great day!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Nice place, with generally warm staff. The mattresses were not terribly comfortable, but the air conditioning was nice. The bathroom was particularly nice and clean. It's on a quiet street, and it's not far from a Metro stop (probably a five-seven minute walk). It'll be the first place we check for vacancy next time we go to Prague.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear WCRI,

Thank you for staying at our hotel!

I really appreciate your nice review and I am especially thankful for mentioning our staff. We know that guests preferences regarding mattresses are different. That is why we have rooms with softer and also the rooms with harder ones. When we know what our guests prefer we always give them rooms meeting all their requirements. I am sorry for the discomfort and I promise you, you will get softer mattresses next time you are at our hotel.

Wish you a nice day and hope to see you again in future!