“Lovely”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #25 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Louren Hotel is awesome! The hotel is pretty near the train station and there are trams that could take you around easily too.

The room was pretty spacious and we were given one with the attic roof. Wifi was good and strong. The fried eggs with ham was yummy. I remember asking if there were bananas for breakfast and the staff came to apologise that they had to get it from a neigborhood market and just so swiftly, the bananas appeared! It was a sweet gesture from them!

If you really needed some CZK, you could change a small amount of Euros at the counter at mid-rate. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear mywm,

Thank you for your awesome review, it really made my day!

This is exactly what we try to teach each of our colleagues - if some of our guests has some special wishes, they need to be fulfilled! It is really not hard to go and buy bananas but I guess it is/was really much appreciated :)

Thank you for staying with us and hope to meet you again in future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Louren Hotel staff helped us smoothly maneuver around Prague. We used their suggested taxi service twice for our comfort zone: for arriving in from airport and for a ten minute ride at 5 a.m.to a bus station for a day trip to Cesky Kromlov. Hotel is on a fairly quiet street with convenient location to Prague subway. Staff sold us our 3 day transit pass. Breakfast had plenty of choices. Rooms were comfortable. Two Californians D&D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Diane and Donald,

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

I am glad you have chosen our hotel and that you have enjoyed our hospitality. Thank you for sharing your experience with the other travelers here on TripAdvisor web page. I especially thank you for mentioning our staff and their helpfulness.

We are now cooperating with a new taxi company so I believe you were satisfied with their service.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Louren for 5 nights in late August/September 2013 and had a wonderful time. Our room was large and comfortable. We were able to checking in early after an overnight flight from the US which was very nice (they even arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport, service before we even checked in!). The breakfast was very good, eggs cooked if you like, but also a very good spread of cold and hot items. We found the location perfect for our explorations of the city of Prague, very close to the subway (green "A" line), as well as, many trams yet removed enough to be free of the tourists crowds. We found many great restaurants nearby. The staff were very friendly and helpful, we would love to come back sometime and would highly recommend the Louren.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Suzanne L,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our beautiful city!

I am happy to read you have enjoyed our hospitality. We always do our best to provide our guests with an early check-in if requested and I am glad it worked well this time. Thank you for all the information you have mentioned in your feedback - I am sure the other travelers will find them very useful.

Thank you for the recommendations and I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again in near future!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The staff are very friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and very clean. The breakfasts are excellent, with a wide selection and fast service. The hotel is only a few hundred metres from the metro, then two stops to Wenceslas Square, or four to the Old Town. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Gordon J
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Gordon J,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback!

I am very happy you have chosen our place for your stay in Prague and I am pleased to read you have enjoyed it. I really appreciate you have taken your time and shared your experiences with us and other travelers. Many thanks for mentioning all the useful information about our hotel.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I will be looking forward to meet you again in future!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

So much more even than I expected. Spotless, spacious rooms, great service, free parking, free WiFi, great location, comfy bed, quiet street, nice breakfast . . . and all for a bargain. This hotel is clearly going out of its way to stand out. I travel a lot and was truly impressed by this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BKPat
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear BKPat,

Thank you for staying at our hotel!

I am glad you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague and I am pleased to read your positive feedback. I am very happy you have enjoyed your stay and decided to share your experiences with us.

Regarding the parking - we always recommend to park at our secured parking place which is unfortunately not free - there is a fee 400 CZK/car/night. If there is a place available right in front of the hotel (yellow zone - for suppliers) you can park your car there - free of charge. This is of course on your own responsibility as these places are not secured/guarded. Please always tell us if you have a car so we can tell you where to park. Most of the parking places near the hotel are for residents only (blue zones) and if you park there you will have to pay the fine.

I am really pleased to hear we were able to impress you and I believe we will have a chance to welcome you at our hotel again in future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Hotel on 25 Aug 13 for a night and wished that I had stayed longer. The Hotel is a 4 Star Property and has excellent connectivity and location. It is two stops from Metro Station Museum which is like the centre of everything. We checked in on a rainy day and while going out in the evening we requested for Umbrellas which we got promptly. The rooms are quite large by any standards in Europe. The room also had an AC which seemed an indulgence but I later learnt that at times the climate warrants a little Air Conditioning. The bathroom is also quite large with a bathtub. There was free Wi-fi and parking space available. The breakfast in the morning was sumptuous (great coffee) and the hostess was attending to everyone quite promptly. All in all being the last day of the stay in Europe it was quite a nice ending.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear AnkitArihaan,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague!

Many thanks for your nice feedback, we really appreciate it. I am happy to hear you have had nice time at our hotel. Thank you also for mentioning all the useful information about our rooms, location, breakfast and services.

I believe you will have chance to stay with us longer next time.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were in Prague for a week and chose this hotel for the location and value for money. The staff were very helpful, our check in was at a late time so we called them and they arranged for a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The location was in a quiet part of town but very close to the main metro line and getting into the city centre wasn't a problem.

We were a bit suprised when we were given a key that opened both our room and the front door (an actual key instead of a key card) and I was worried that the same key could open all the rooms, although I didn't test this theory. The room was a good size, clean and with a big bed, I thought the bed was ok but my wife thought it was too soft. The prices in the minibar were also quite reasonable.

The main reason we can't give it an excellent rating is because of the house keeping. We don't expect new sheets every night but we stayed for 6 nights and the sheets were never changed. The sink, bath and toilet were cleaned but the floor still had dirt and hair left from previous days, it wasn't a big deal but we didn't expect it at a 4 star hotel.

Other people have mentioned that there isn't a great amount of variety at breakfast, we thought they had a good range although if you want something hot, eggs seem to be the main option. Everything we had was nice and we didn't get bored even after 6 days. Also try and get down early as they do run out of things. We had some nice croissants on the first day and then did't see them again for a few days.

Overall it was a good experience and we would stay there again.

1  Thank BobGema
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear BobGema,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your feedback. I really appreciate all the information/facts you have mentioned.

We are using a special secured key system at our hotel so each room key can open the front door. Of course you can always only open your room with your key. If anyone want to try it, it is no problem for us to go with the guest and try to open different room to demonstrate it will not work.

I am glad to hear you were happy with your room but I have to admit I was horrified by your experiences with our housekeeping. As the cleanliness of the rooms is our top priority we will investigate the mentioned situation. Something like this can never happen. The sheets are always changed after 2 - 3 nights or more often if necessary or requested. Floors are vacuumed and wiped each day - or at least should be according to our housekeeping rules. I have immediately forwarded your review to our General Manager and we will make all necessary to avoid such an unacceptable situation in future. I cannot imagine how could something like this happen as our guests are always satisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms. I believe the new chamber maid just did not follow the rules or had bad days but still, this can never happen again. Anyhow thank you very much for letting us know about this issue - now we know, that something went wrong and we will take care of it.

I am also pleased to hear you have enjoyed the breakfast. Usually we do refill everything but occasionally the suppliers do not bring everything on time and when the hotel is full we might get run out of some stuff. I will also talk about this with the person responsible so we will be better prepared and stocked next time.

After all I have to say I am very happy about your conclusion as there is a change for us to make everything perfect at your next visit.

Have a good day and hope to see you at our hotel again in future!