“Excellent little hotel”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #25 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We loved staying at the Hotel Louren. The very best thing about it (if I had to choose just one) was the attentive, professional, friendly staff. They helped with everything from airport transfers to changing money to recommending nearby restaurants. But there's more that's really good about Louren. We had a room so large it had a desk and a sitting area with sofa, chair, and tables. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom spotless. A full breakfast is included in the price. Hotel Louren is located on a quiet street but it is a way out of the city center. To get to Old Town involves a short walk (part of it by a park) and three stops away on the Metro. It's actually quite quick and easy. Though we thought at first that we might have preferred a hotel closer to the city center, we found the commute to Louren so very easy--and the location so restful--that we would definitely stay here again. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 42, a large room overlooking the courtyard. I can recommend this room (or probably...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gskenney
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Ginger and Daniel,

It was a real pleasure to meet you at our hotel!

I am very happy to read the lovely review you wrote us. Especially your kind words regarding our staff are really appreciated. I have already shared your feedback with all my colleagues. Thank you for all the information and facts about our hotel which will be definitely very helpful for other travelers. Room 42 is one of our nicest Junior Suites so I am really glad you have liked it.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and for your wonderful recommendations!

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel again in future!

Best regards from Prague (and have a safe journey),

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Louren Hotel a couple of nights in August. The hotel is located in a nice quiet neighborhood, a couple of stops away on the underground from the heart of the city. The room was clean and a nice size. The breakfast was typical for a hotel breakfast in this part of Europe. I can say this because in addition to being in Prague on this trip we were in Berlin, Budapest and Krakow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear December30,

Thank you for staying at our hotel!

I am very happy you have chosen our place for your stay in Prague and I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our service.

The only thing that does make me a little disappointed is a low rating you gave us. I would love to know if there was something you did not like during your stay or something that did not meet you expectations. You did gave us an average rating but did not mention why. I will be really thankful if you could write me on my email reservations@louren.cz so we know if something went wrong. We always appreciate any kind of feedback which helps us doing things better.

Looking forward to hear from you and wish you a wonderful day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed in a twin room here, split level with seating and bathroom downstairs and beds upstairs. Really spacious with lovely bathroom. Everything spotless. Breakfast selection was good but coffee not great. Service was slow at times. However all staff very friendly. Location good for us, but 3 metro stops from the centre so best if you want to be away from the noise. Good area with lots of restaurants, bars and shops. Great food market by the metro (5 minutes walk). Recommend as long as you don't mind being away from the centre.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Han7,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and for sharing your experience with us and other travelers via TripAdvisor web page.

I am glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay and a free upgrade to one of our Suites. We really appreciate your nice words regarding the room and bathroom, breakfast, staff and location. Our breakfast colleagues might get busy sometimes as they are always preparing fresh eggs upon our guests orders.

Once again thank you for your recommendations and we believe we will have chance to welcome you at our place again in future!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Louren Hotel is awesome! The hotel is pretty near the train station and there are trams that could take you around easily too.

The room was pretty spacious and we were given one with the attic roof. Wifi was good and strong. The fried eggs with ham was yummy. I remember asking if there were bananas for breakfast and the staff came to apologise that they had to get it from a neigborhood market and just so swiftly, the bananas appeared! It was a sweet gesture from them!

If you really needed some CZK, you could change a small amount of Euros at the counter at mid-rate. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear mywm,

Thank you for your awesome review, it really made my day!

This is exactly what we try to teach each of our colleagues - if some of our guests has some special wishes, they need to be fulfilled! It is really not hard to go and buy bananas but I guess it is/was really much appreciated :)

Thank you for staying with us and hope to meet you again in future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Louren Hotel staff helped us smoothly maneuver around Prague. We used their suggested taxi service twice for our comfort zone: for arriving in from airport and for a ten minute ride at 5 a.m.to a bus station for a day trip to Cesky Kromlov. Hotel is on a fairly quiet street with convenient location to Prague subway. Staff sold us our 3 day transit pass. Breakfast had plenty of choices. Rooms were comfortable. Two Californians D&D

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Diane and Donald,

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

I am glad you have chosen our hotel and that you have enjoyed our hospitality. Thank you for sharing your experience with the other travelers here on TripAdvisor web page. I especially thank you for mentioning our staff and their helpfulness.

We are now cooperating with a new taxi company so I believe you were satisfied with their service.

Thank you for staying at our hotel and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Louren for 5 nights in late August/September 2013 and had a wonderful time. Our room was large and comfortable. We were able to checking in early after an overnight flight from the US which was very nice (they even arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport, service before we even checked in!). The breakfast was very good, eggs cooked if you like, but also a very good spread of cold and hot items. We found the location perfect for our explorations of the city of Prague, very close to the subway (green "A" line), as well as, many trams yet removed enough to be free of the tourists crowds. We found many great restaurants nearby. The staff were very friendly and helpful, we would love to come back sometime and would highly recommend the Louren.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Suzanne L,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in our beautiful city!

I am happy to read you have enjoyed our hospitality. We always do our best to provide our guests with an early check-in if requested and I am glad it worked well this time. Thank you for all the information you have mentioned in your feedback - I am sure the other travelers will find them very useful.

Thank you for the recommendations and I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again in near future!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The staff are very friendly, helpful and attentive. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and very clean. The breakfasts are excellent, with a wide selection and fast service. The hotel is only a few hundred metres from the metro, then two stops to Wenceslas Square, or four to the Old Town. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank Gordon J
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Gordon J,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback!

I am very happy you have chosen our place for your stay in Prague and I am pleased to read you have enjoyed it. I really appreciate you have taken your time and shared your experiences with us and other travelers. Many thanks for mentioning all the useful information about our hotel.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I will be looking forward to meet you again in future!