“Great staff and great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #30 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great staff and great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights for my birthday - I emailed before my trip to ask about a bottle of sparkling wine and when we got in the room there was a little slip of paper wishing me a happy birthday and that I could call reception for my bottle of wine (thanks!) which was lovely. There are many reviews on here which already show how good this hotel is so I will try to keep mine brief:
Location and connections - easy to get to from airport (bus 119 to end of route and then green line - A to stop Jiriho z Podebrad), 5 minute walk from there to hotel. (Cost was 34CZK). We liked the area as the restaurants/cafes were full of locals and I was happy to be out of the old town. It is a short journey into the city with the metro.
Breakfast - fresh and tasty, you could have eggs cooked for you but I was happy with the continental selection.
Staff - very friendly and gave good recommendations for restaurants (thanks Jana)
Room - we had a junior suite which was comfortable, we did hear some banging but we could not tell if it was in the hotel or outside and it did not bother us that much.
We were able to check in online and print our boarding passes
Price - the minibar was very reasonably priced and we thought the hotel was value for money

Local restaurants we tried: Kofein (tapas style Czech eating), Potrefena husa, Los v Oslu - we preferred eating locally as found the old town more expensive and not as good.

The bottle of wine for my birthday was pre-arranged but it is the small things like this that count and I would recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Kiwitraveller1983,

I am very happy you have stayed at our hotel for your birthday!

We were pleased to offer you a small gift to celebrate this special day and I am glad it was appreciated. I am very thankful for your positive comments and kind words as this shows we are doing or job well. Especially Jana is very happy about your feedback, so thank you for this.

Thank you also for mentioning all facts about public transportation, our location and nice restaurants nearby, breakfast and your room.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay and I thank you very much for your nice review!

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel in the near future.

Have a great day!

Lucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
North Hampton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were in Prague sightseeing and booked this hotel for 3-4 nights, unknowing that they would automatically charge our card for all four nights. Within 5 minutes of arrival I informed the front desk clerk that we would only be staying 3. 'No problem' and were offered the luxuries of the hotel and the easy access to the city. Not so. Once in our 5th floor room there was hammering on an adjacent wall (this is in the hotel!) When I banged back it stopped only to be replaced by the neighbors full roof replacement. (and with it accompanying tar smells, banging and such) As a result, we were unable to use the hotel during any daytime hours. On Saturday checkout I was informed that they were charging me the full 4 nights. (It says so right here...non-refundable.) The mini-bar was straight out of the 80's complete with refilled bottles so God knows what I consumed. I am not a happy camper with this hotel, management is para-military, it is not anywhere near city center and is overpriced for what it is. Definitely not family friendly, not solo and only business if it's very near the outskirts of Prague.

Room Tip: Don't get a room at the back of the hotel. It's a little like Rear Window, only noisier.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bradley A
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Bradley A,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and your comments. Each feedback from our guests is highly appreciated.

We have already discussed the situation via email and I am happy we can now do so in public so everyone can make his own opinion.

First of all let me repeat that I am sorry for this situation and for not meeting your expectations.

Now please let me add some facts:

1) It is not possible to make a reservation for "3-4 nights". Not depending on the rate type you choose, you can only book a room for 3 or 4 nights. You have made a reservation for 4 nights, it was confirmed like this and we were keeping the room for you according to your booking.

2) Each guest making his reservation at our hotel is always informed in advance (before he confirms his booking) if his card will be used just as a guarantee or if it will be charged immediately at the moment of booking. You have chosen a non-refundable rate. The conditions for this rate type at the booking.com page clearly states:
"Please note, if cancelled, modified or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. Prepayment: The total price of the reservation will be charged on the day of booking."

3) There is an ongoing reconstruction in the building next to our hotel. We are unfortunately not a single standing house and we also do not own that building right next to ours. That is why we unfortunately can not do nothing about the occasional work/dust/smell during the daytime but we can still offer you a different room not facing the yard. We just have to know that you are unsatisfied and we have to know it during your stay. We would also offer you to move to a different hotel if there would be no solution to make you feel comfortable at our place. I am very sorry for your discomfort caused by this reconstruction.

4) My colleague Julie has personally apologized for the bottle from your minibar which was apparently refilled by some previous guest. She also offered you free drinks at our bar that were accepted by you. Once again please let me apologize for this inconvenience.

5) Your comment is the very opposite to all previous comments. One of the things that is appreciated by our guests the most is our friendliness. We always do what we can for our guest and we are going out of our way to make their stay as great as possible.

6) Regarding our location - yes, we are not in the Old Town but this can be reached by subway in 7 minutes. Considering the size of Prague it is a very short time and distance. Everyone who check our location at the map can decide if he would like to stay in our area, near Prague Castle, at the Wenceslas Square, on the outskirts or anywhere else. We are unable to change our location and we are not hiding the fact we are off the beaten touristic path. We are actually proud of it as our guests can relax in a quiet residential area.

We always do our best for our guests. Each member of our team is trained to act friendly, polite and professional. All of my colleagues did so and you have mistreated one of them only because she has respected the rules of our house and proceeded according to your booking conditions.

We will do our best to avoid described situations happening again but I believe even if they happen they can still be solved calmly and then the satisfying solution can be found.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking your time to share your experiences with us.

Have a nice day!

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Louren for three nights and are delighted to find ourselves in total agreement with the many positive comments about the hotel posted on this website. Staff great; room clean and comfortable; breakfast plentiful to boost energy levels for all the walking to come: location quiet but well placed for travel in/out of Prague. It is fair to say that the location is out of town-however this made us feel that we were sampling life in the community as we travelled around on the excellent tram and metro system....and we were able to escape from the hoards of tourists-and there are many in beautiful Prague! We had a late evening flight home and so were relieved to be able to leave our luggage in a secure room during the day. When we returned in the evening to await our transport we were greeted as warmly as when we had first arrived and looked after attentively even though we had already checked out. A small, but telling, example of the high level of care demonstrated by all at the Louren.

2 Thank Latics0
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Latics0,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback!

I am pleased we were able to meet your expectations based on our previous reviews posted by our guests here on TripAdvisor. I highly appreciate you have taken your time and wrote your ever first review and shared your nice experiences with all of us. I am glad we were able to make your stay as pleasant as described in your recommendation.

It will be pleasure for me and all my colleagues to welcome you at our hotel again!

Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

Just back from lovely stay in Prague that was enhanced by our stay in the Loren hotel. Prior to arriving I had checked out about airport transfers and while I chose to go via the bus / metro connection my emails were answered very quickly and very helpfully. We arrived early but were still able to get into our room straight away which was the double room requested - and spotlessly clean. The receptionist helpfully recommended somewhere local to eat and wrote it down as well as giving directions - you could not ask for more. Breakfast was lovely - with the croissants being some of the best I've ever eaten. When we asked about left luggage facilities at train stations we were given the option of leaving our luggage at the hotel for no extra charge. would happily return and I have already recommended it to other people.

2 Thank Claymores86
Dear Claymores86,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback!

I am happy we were able to provide you with an early check-in and make your stay as pleasant as possible. It is nice to know you have enjoyed our hospitality and that you have taken your time and shared your experiences here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for mentioning our croissants, I am glad you liked them.

Once again, thank you for your review and recommendations. I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again in the nearest future!

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Prague is undeniably a city of old world charm. With its castles, clock tower, winding streets, outdoor cafes and musical entertainments everywhere. It is a city that is, at once magical, yet urbane and modern.
Here in Prague is a jewel of a hotel called Hotel Louren. It captures all the magic and old world charm of its city while providing all the modern convenience of a 4-star hotel.
While we were a little nervous about the location (outside the central area) we found that it was only a 15-minute walk to Wenceslas Square, Prague's main drag. It was also conveniently close to public transportation.
Our room was comfortable, air-conditioned, and well appointed. We had a standard (european) double bed, a couch (which doubled as a pull-out bed), chair, tv, desk and in-room wi-fi. The bathroom had beautiful walnut pocket doors that added an air of elegance. The decor was both tasteful and relaxed. Exactly the place you wanted to return to at the end of a long day of sightseeing.
The hotel is located in a residential area of Prague, with lots of good restaurants that catered to locals and were much less expensive than the downtown tourist meccas.
Every day started with the luscious and varied breakfast bar. The wait staff brought you your choice of coffee or tea and took orders for omelets, if your wanted them.
The variety of foods was enormous, fresh and plentiful. Whenever anything began to get low it was immediately replenished.
The staff throughout, was friendly and extremely helpful. They gave us restaurant suggestions, helped us find our way via public transportation and in general bent over backwards to accommodate our every need.
There was no area of service or value that I could find fault with.
In all, the Hotel Louren epitomizes the Old World charm that is Prague.

Room Tip: We took a tip from a previous traveler and asked for a interior room, which was quiet and comfortabl...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandMtravelers
Dear JandMtravelers,

Thank you for your outstanding review! Your kind words really made my day.

I am happy you have chosen our hotel and that we were able to impress you so much. Thank you for staying with us and also for writing a feedback via TripAdvisor web page. We highly appreciate you have mentioned so many useful facts and information about our hotel, rooms, breakfast and location. I believe that now everyone can imagine the atmosphere of Prague and our hotel.

Especially I would like to thank you for mentioning our staff. We all do our best to make our guests happy and satisfied with their stay. I am proud of them all they were able to reach this goal during your stay.

I will be looking forward to welcome you at our hotel again.

Have a great day!

Marin County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We loved staying at the Hotel Louren. The very best thing about it (if I had to choose just one) was the attentive, professional, friendly staff. They helped with everything from airport transfers to changing money to recommending nearby restaurants. But there's more that's really good about Louren. We had a room so large it had a desk and a sitting area with sofa, chair, and tables. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom spotless. A full breakfast is included in the price. Hotel Louren is located on a quiet street but it is a way out of the city center. To get to Old Town involves a short walk (part of it by a park) and three stops away on the Metro. It's actually quite quick and easy. Though we thought at first that we might have preferred a hotel closer to the city center, we found the commute to Louren so very easy--and the location so restful--that we would definitely stay here again. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 42, a large room overlooking the courtyard. I can recommend this room (or probably...
1 Thank gskenney
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Ginger and Daniel,

It was a real pleasure to meet you at our hotel!

I am very happy to read the lovely review you wrote us. Especially your kind words regarding our staff are really appreciated. I have already shared your feedback with all my colleagues. Thank you for all the information and facts about our hotel which will be definitely very helpful for other travelers. Room 42 is one of our nicest Junior Suites so I am really glad you have liked it.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and for your wonderful recommendations!

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel again in future!

Best regards from Prague (and have a safe journey),

University Heights
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Louren Hotel a couple of nights in August. The hotel is located in a nice quiet neighborhood, a couple of stops away on the underground from the heart of the city. The room was clean and a nice size. The breakfast was typical for a hotel breakfast in this part of Europe. I can say this because in addition to being in Prague on this trip we were in Berlin, Budapest and Krakow.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hosalova_L, Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear December30,

Thank you for staying at our hotel!

I am very happy you have chosen our place for your stay in Prague and I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our service.

The only thing that does make me a little disappointed is a low rating you gave us. I would love to know if there was something you did not like during your stay or something that did not meet you expectations. You did gave us an average rating but did not mention why. I will be really thankful if you could write me on my email reservations@louren.cz so we know if something went wrong. We always appreciate any kind of feedback which helps us doing things better.

Looking forward to hear from you and wish you a wonderful day!

Kind regards,