“Friendly, Comfortable, Close to everything. ”
Review of Louren Hotel

Louren Hotel
Ranked #30 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Friendly, Comfortable, Close to everything. ”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at The Louren. Only two stops on the metro to the beautiful old town of Prague. Great Restaurants and bars close to the hotel which is away from the tourist throng.
The service was exceptional and let's face it,service is everything.
Special mention to Eliska who was lovely. Also Alina and Helena whose breakfast and service was a true delight. Thanks Louren Hotel we hope to be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grlea
Zuzana M, Reservation Agent at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear grlea,

thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel and for your great review.

Yes, you are right, service in tourism industry is everything and I am very happy that you were satisfied with ours. We always do the best we can to meet our guest´s expectations and I am glad that you have mentioned especially this. I also thank you for mentioning our receptionist Eliska and our breakfast waitresses Alina and Helena. It is a huge motivationd for them.

So, once again thank you for your kind words and I hope we will have a chance to welcome you to our hotel in the future.

Have a lovely day,

Zuzana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I arrived at the hotel late at night and Michael, the receptionist was more than willing to check us in and show us to our rooms. A mistake had been made with the reservation, which the staff corrected promptly by changing us rooms. Zezka, the day receptionist helped us find our way around Prague by giving us maps and finding the best ways to use the public transport. Overall, the hotel was clean, cosy, and beautiful, the breakfast was small but tasty, and the staff was always polite and helpful. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Marios,

thank you very much for chosing our hotel to your stay in Prague and for very nice review.

I am happy that the problem with your reservation was solved immediately and you were satisfied with another room that had been offered to you and you felt comforatable during your stay.

I am also thankful for your feedback and nice words abour our staff, room and brakfast. I really appreciate that.

So, once again thank you for staying with us and I will be looking forward to seeing you in our hotel next time in the future.

Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Louren Hotel to complete our 6 week European holiday. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the size of the bedroom and bathroom. Access to public transport was excellent, with tickets purchased from the Office staff.
The Office personnel were extremely helpful with all of our requests re travel etc. They even provided excellent references to eateries etc. Michael and Zushka were invaluable to us.
Gladly recommend this hotel to any traveller.

1 Thank Joanne L
Dear Joanne,

It was pleasure for us to welcome you to our house! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with our services.

Thank you so much for such a positive feedback from you. I really appreciate that you have taken your time to write this lovely review. It is very helpful for other travellers and also huge motivation for all of our staff. Especially I want to thank you for mentioning our receptionists Michael and Zuzka who do great job and who are really grateful for this kind of reward.

So, once again thank you and I will be happy to have a chance to welcome you to our hotel next time in the future.

Have a lovely day,

Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel at the end of July and we made reservation at the very last moment. I really appreciate the kind staff that offered us special price and room to stay with our children. Hotel is really comfortable, very beautiful and staff is so kind. It is close to the center of Prague and there are couple of great restaurants near - which were advised by hotel staff and we very satisfied. Breakfast was very good with a lots of choice. First we missed more warm food, but then we discovered that we can ask for that and it is made in few minutes free of charge :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Lucia H, Generální ředitel at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Julie U,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family stay in Prague!

I really appreciate you have taken your time and shared your experiences with us and other travelers via TripAdvisor. I believe all the information about our hotel and its location, breakfast and staff will help anyone to imagine how does it look and work at our place. I am really happy you have discovered our breakfast menu with selection of fresh make-to-order eggs.

I was a pleasure for me to assist you with your last minute reservation and I am happy to hear you have enjoyed the room.

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our wonderful city again in the future.

Have a nice day!

Lucia
Prosper, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I just got back from 6 nights at the Louren Hotel. When visiting Europe we usually travel from city to city so never stay at one place for more than a couple of nights but this time we decided to just stay in Prague and explore. We were so glad that we did and the Louren Hotel was a perfect choice. Close enough to the city that you can walk but so peaceful when you want to get out of the craziness of the city. Public transportation is very close and so easy to use. Several restaurants nearby that were very good. The front desk staff Eliska, Jana and Zuzka were always happy to answer all questions with a smile, our room was impeccably cleaned by Jitka and we were greeted every morning with the biggest smile by Helena in the dining room with an offer for coffee. I appreciated the offer of coffee, cappuccino, latte or tea and the array of breakfast food offered something for everyone. If we ever have the pleasure of returning we will most certainly stay at the Louren Hotel and will recommend to anyone that asks as well. Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

1 Thank TXNY
Zuzana M, Reservation Agent at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to your stay in such a great city as Prague is. We were glad to welcome you to our house.

I would like to thank you also for very nice review and kind words about our hotel and especially about our staff. We are always trying to provide best services for our guest and the feedback like yours is huge motivation for us .We really appreciate that you have taken your time to write such a positive words.

So, once again thank you for visiting us and I hope we will have a chance to welcome to our hotel in the future,

Beaver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I just got back from Prague, where we stayed at the charming Louren hotel for six nights. It was a superb choice. Our experience started early this year, when we found the hotel on line. Lucia, the General Manager was great about answering my initial questions, and then the many I asked in the interval before we arrived. She arranged the taxi from the train station, so we would not get ripped off.

Eliška in Reception welcomed us and got us settled, and suggested a place for dinner nearby that we ate at twice. During our stay, she was also extremely helpful with information and maps about out-of-the way sites we wanted to see. Tomas did the same, and even suggested a Kingdom of Model Railways, which was well worth the visit.

We found all the staff, from the maids to the front office/Reception to the breakfast help without exception, professional, friendly, and helpful. Almost all spoke English.

The lobby is beautifully appointed, and our room (we were upgraded to a suite) large, well furnished, and with a modern bath.

The breakfast is extensive and tasty, Helena, greeted us with an early morning smile each day, and the staff made a special effort to get decafe coffee for my wife. While we did not make use of the lobby bar or mini bar, it was nice having them available.

The hotel is on a quiet street, and away from both New Town and Old Town crowds and bustle, which is what we wanted. But it is between two sets of tram lines, and close to the Metro station, so getting anywhere is easy. The hotel also sells the one day and three day passes for trams and Metro,, and provided a system map of them in our welcome package, so we didn't have to search for them.

The price is excellent, especially compared to other hotels we have stayed in in Europe.

When we left for the airport in the cab the hotel arranged, I only hoped we'd have a chance to return.

Our stay at the Louren insured that our entire visit to Prague was outstanding. Thanks, Lucia and staff.

Joe and Sue

1 Thank Joe B
Lucia H, General Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Sue and Joe,

Thank you for your excellent review! It is so nice to know you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Coming back from my one-week holiday and reading your awesome feedback is the best "back-to-work" treatment I could imagine.

I believe that all the information about our hotel, its location, amenities, breakfast, staff and services will be very helpful for all other travelers.

I really appreciate all your notes, especially your kind feedback on our colleagues. Reviews like yours are the best reward for each member of our team and the greatest motivation.

Once again - thank you for choosing our hotel and for your lovely review.

Dear Joe and Sue, I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel again in the future!

Lucia
The Hague
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed here for nearly one week in April. This hotel has a great staf, very friendly, speaks good English and is helpful. The rooms are spacious. We got an upgrade so that was even more comfortable. It is close to the subway, has a quiet backside. The surroundings is not very citylike. A few restaurants and shops. But you really need to go into the city.

Room Tip: Backside of the hotel. Is very quiet.