“DUSTY DEN”

Ranked #321 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Munich, Germany
“DUSTY DEN”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived after a long drive and was straight away suspicious by the somewhat damp reception. It's an old building with friendly staff but the room was stuffy and carpets were dusty, beds were springy, sheets were old and the bathroom, albeit clean had a cracked sink and dust on towel rails and heated towel rack (which was broken) - admittedly it is 3 star hotel in a city that is still rediscovering wealth out of the end of communism... But at least a mattress that didn't leave me feeling like Uncle Fester when I woke up would have been nice.

I had to drink myself to sleep, which wasn't half bad given I'm an alcoholic and there is lots of good wine to sample in Prague.

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dresden, Germany
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Lumpy mattress with springs you could feel in your back. Lumpy pillows resembling a sack of laundry. Dusty towel rails. Stale smoke smell in the room even though we asked for non smoking. Noisy air conditioning that was too hot and not possible to adjust. Breakfast and service was good.

• Stayed November 2013
Leigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I visited Prague with my husband in October for 3 days. We stayed at the St Georges Hotel, it is ideally situated in relation to attractions, close to public transport and approx. 10 minutes walk to Wenceslas Square. Staff are very helpful and friendly and all speak English,very clean, continental breakfast with lots of variety, including some hot food, which is regularly replenished. You need to keep the windows closed in the bedroom because it is close to a busy road, rooms have good heating/air conditioning. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear client,
thank you very much for your stay and your nice review.
We would be very happy to welcome you back in our hotel soon.
morecambe
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed for a city break with my friend as part of a travel package . Very good value . Staff were helpful and pleasant. The decor was interesting, modern yet keeping a traditional Czech charm, lovely paintings and ornaments.The breakfast was continental style but plenty of choice.The radio was annoying however, too loud and interference. Not good after a late night in Prague.Coffee always just luke warm ( but I am now too critical. ) Very good breakfast.Our room was 01 and contrary to another review we could open the window if needed and the temperature was fine.
Looked like the room had a refurbish, good furniture very tidy everything was tasteful and and adequate in size. We were next to the busy road but did not find the traffic noise annoying. Its quiet anyway when you got to bed. Location was a little walk into town 10 mins . No problem I like to walk and look at the area. A comfortable homely feel overall. We had a great stay .

Room Tip: Dont know because I cant compare others ! Room 01 was good for us. Next to reception ( no noise how...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear valued guest,
thank you very much for your stay in hotel Saint George and thank you for your review.
It is nice to hear you were satisfied with us.
Thank you and I would be happy to help you with your possible future reservation.
Lebanon,Pa
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Since this hotel was booked as part of a travel package,I can not honestly comment on the value I received for my money,but I would book this hotel on my own if I were to go back to Prague.
While not 'centrally" located,the hotel is just a few minutes walk to a light rail stop and a five minute drive to the train station.The National Museum end of Wenceslaus Square is about ten minutes on foot,and Old town Square another twenty to twenty five minutes walk from there.Both of these areas are great places to relax and also have quite a few choices for dining and/or drinking.Lots of shopping can be found there as well.Please be aware that the walk back to the hotel from the square is mostly uphill,but it is not a steep walk. There is no secure parking lot for the hotel an spots in the immediate area can be a bit difficult to find.
The staff was very friendly and helpful,and they all speak English well.They can also assist in the booking of some tours and activities.
I stayed in a room on the ground floor next to the street,but the outside noise was minimal.The bed was comfortable,but a bit narrow,and I think that the pillows could be more firm. The bathroom was spacious with enough room around the sink for basic toiletries. There is a step in shower only, no bathtub.
There is only breakfast served at the hotel.The breakfast selection consists of a good variety of hot and cold foods and beverages to satisfy most people,including myself,, but some guests may like a broader variety of choices.
I was very happy with my three day stay at St. George,and I would recommend this accommodation as a lower cost option.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ray G
Dear client,
thank you very much for your stay and for your kind review.
I am happy you have found the hotel satistying.
For your possible stay in Hotel Saint George in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I can assign the room with a bath tube for you.
aberdeen
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Very pleasant hotel. Good sized room with comfortable bed. Staff very friendly and all speak English. Tried basic Czech and they helped with pronounciation. Gave directions, when required, to areas in Prague. Great selections for breakfast, either hot or cold. Only 3 or 4 minutes from metro station and tram stops. Would go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donaldandailsa
Dear client,
thank you so much for your nice review.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and for your possible future reservation, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
manager@hotel-st-george.cz
Glostrup
Reviewed 21 October 2013

A very nice and cozy hotel, and the staff was nice and helpfull evrytime we needed help. A very good service. And our room was cozy and clean.
if we visit Praug again, we would like to stay at
hotel St. George again.
we had a very good stay at hotel St. George

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank st2403
Dear client,
thank you very much for your kind review.
We are happy you have felt good in Hotel Saint George and would be happy to welcome you back in our hotel in near future.
Markéta M.