“Decent hotel close to IP Pavlova Metro Station” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Saint George
Ranked #283 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Decent hotel close to IP Pavlova Metro Station”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Saint George is a decent hotel, good price, it's about 10 minutes away from IP Pavlova metro station and about 25-30 minutes to the Old Town, walking of course. The room is ok, small, like many other hotels in touristic cities. The air-conditioning worked for the first day and then it stopped, I don't know why, so it was very warm. Breakfast was ok...we liked the cheese variety and the cakes were ok, we only wish they would have served some vegetables people eat in the morning, like tomatoes, peppers...they had cabbage and onion...oh well. The staff was like all the people from Prague...bored and did nothing more than what they had to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear valued client,
thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Saint George.
We are glad you have been satisfied with us and we hope to welcome you back in Prague and our hotel soon.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Mondovi, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I spent there 2 nights. I was alone for touristic reason. Simply perfect!!! Friendly and efficient staff, huge breakfast with everything available, clean room, convenient location. I suggest this hotel, and if I will come back to Praha, I will be there for sure

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 519Flavio
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear client,
let me thank you for your stay in Hotel Saint George and for your kind review.
I am happy you have found our hotel nice and you have been satisfied with us.
I would be happy to welcome you in our hotel again in the future.
In any case, please, do not hesitate to contact me.
Genoa, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

It was my first time in Prague and in a proper Hotel, and I must say I'm so satisfied about my stay. First of all, breakfast was great, you could have anything, from bread, jams, honey, nutella, handmade cakes to sausages, eggs ect. Cakes are delicious and there's a vast array of everything. Maids were always filling the banquet when needed. Rooms were avarage, needed a bit more of modernization but they were ok. It was all very clean but what I hated the most was the fitted carpet, which is difficult to clean properly. Staff were friendly, some of them a bit cold but still kind. Cheap service from the hotel to the airport by taxi. The wi-fi connection didn't work very well but hey, the stay is so cheap! Recommended. I was almost forgetting, the air-corditioner was noisy and sometimes temperature were too high. All in all everything was absolutely fine!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear valued client,
I would like to thank you for your stay in Hotel Saint George and to thank you for your nice review.
I am happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and also that you have found our breakfast so nice.
I would be happy to assist you with your possible future reservation in our hotel.
In any case, do not hesitate to contact me personally: manager@hotel-st-george.cz.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself is very out of date, the breakfast area is in the basement and has some strange options such as cake for breakfast we ended up with hot dogs for breakfast! The hotel was about 20 mins walk to any pubs and bars or any attractions. Prague itself is very Love or Hate, personally i would never return it seems that anything really goes, everything seems to have a weird feel about the place and as if somethings missing. The people are very stand off ish and I would never return hotel staff where fine nothing outstanding.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear client,
first of all I would like to thank you for your stay.
I am sorry you did find our breakfast strange, as we are allways trying to offer our clients a wide selection for breakfast, so everybody could find his ,,cup of tea,, - there are homemade cakes, cereal, yogurt, several kinds of jam, chocolate spreads including nutella, several kinds of fresh and stewed fruit and vegetables, large selection of cheeses and cold meats, hot sausages and eggs, soup, porridge. etc....
I am sorry you did not like Prague and I hope you did enjoy your stay just a bit at least.
Best Regards
Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Don't expect the world staying here. You get what you pay for. The hotel itself is decent, as are the rooms (clean) and breakfast (average). Nothing to rave about. Service was average and the location is ok. Its about a 5min walk the IP Pavlova metro station. My only gripe was the bed itself which was not comfortable at all. You could feel the springs piercing your back. Not pleasant.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear client,
thank you for your kind review.
We are happy you have been satisfied with us.
In case we could help you with your possible next stay in Hotel Saint George, do not hesitate to contact me personally, I would be happy to assist you.
email: manager@hotel-st-george.cz
Rishon Lezion, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Hotel is very simple. No something special. I think 3 stars is to high for this.

The only 2 good things I can tell of this hotel is:
1. The Breakfast which was OK with great cakes. But cakes I can buy anywhere in prage.
2. One of the reception team was very kind.

The locatiopn is 400-500 meter from public transportation. Before I book I called to the hotel and the manger said 50 meter. For me no problem to walk but others with walking problem could find the distance not comfortable.

I arrived also to Prague to work and I need internet for my work.

The internet of this Hotel is terrible. The hotel staff lie to me without blinking and they said we will call someone to fix it. This is 2014 year and it could be fix in few minuts but no, all the 3 nights and 4 days no internet which I could work.
I had to take my computer to another place so I could work.
I already saw this lying of hotels staff which said we will fix the internet it and nothing done. I think I know the way they think: "in 1- few days they live so they will forget of this". The next guests have the same bad internet which not working and this go one.

People which will need internet I don't recomend you this hotel.

TV in the roon from the "SIXTIES". TV stations horrible. It's better to take them out. for more space on the table.

Room keys old. No card keys so you have to leave the key on the front desk.

The room cleaning staff arrived very late and one day my room not fix and other days I arrived to my room around 15:00 and after that came a maid and want to fix it . Me personaly I don't care but I know it is importand for many others.

I love Prague and I will not stay in this hotel again and also I will not reccommend this place and many people ask me since I visit prage many times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lovepraha
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your nice review regarding our breakfast, and reception staff.
We are happy you have been satisfied with this.

Regarding the rest of your review, that you posted also on another web site, I am very surprised and it seems to me, there must had been something that spoiled your stay in Prague, that had nothing to do with Hotel Saint George.
As you mentioned just after you made the reservation, you had already stayed in our hotel before, so regarding the distance, small TV or classical room keys you knew very well what to expect.
The free wifi is available in all the rooms and public area, and if it happens the signal is week, we allways call our provider to put everything right quickly.
The housekeeping service is on daily basis and based upon availability, rooms are cleaned from 10am till 3pm.
Best Regards
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend and I spent four nights at the hotel. The room and bathroom were clean and we got extra pillows on request. What wasn't great was the heat in the room (we were on the top floor) and the shower. We did ask for someone look at the air conditioning but that didn't happen. We also asked for someone to take a look at the thermostat in the shower which did happen but it still wasn't 100% - the water pressure fluctuated as did the water temperature from freezing to scalding.

Having said that it's a good location - a 10 minute walk from Wenceslas Square (which, if you haven't been to Prague, isn't a square it's more like a boulevard) and I defy anyone not to be able to find something suitable for breakfast. As soon as anything ran low it was replenished and the tables were very quickly cleared and reset so that noone had to wait for a table. The staff were friendly and helpful with directions.

We also found several nice restaurants in the near vicinity which were popular with the locals - always a good sign in my book.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear valued guest,
thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Saint George and thank you so much for your kind review.
We are happy you have found our hotel satisfying with most of the services and hope you a will give us a chance in near future to show we are trying to improve the service all the time.
Thank you and please, do not hesitate to contact me in any case: manager@hotel-st-george.cz.