“Excellent hotel to explore Prague”
Review of Hotel Saint George

Ranked #331 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This clean hotel is located within walking (20 minutes) of the city center. Breakfast is excellent with a lot of variety. The staff is extremely helpful and parking is available in a garage nearby (for a fee). A quiet location to explore Prague.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marketa M, Manažer at Hotel Saint George, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear client,
I would like to thank you for your stay in Hotel Saint George and for your nice review.
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back in near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

An ideal place to explore Prague and take in wonderful sights of the city. Just half an hour of walking to the historic city centre, really friendly and helpful reception staff, quick access to wifi in my hotel room and of course, hearty buffet breakfast downstairs. I also enjoyed the small but cosy fitness centre as well as sauna included in the price. As I stayed for a week at the hotel, I made frequent use of these facilities.
The only thing I would prefer next time – not to stay on the 5th floor (only skylight roof windows). All the other requirements that I specified while booking were fulfilled.

Anyway, really good value for the money I paid!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Marketa M, Manažer at Hotel Saint George, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear valued client,
I would like to thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Saint George and for your nice review.
I am happy you have been satisfied in our hotel and in Prague and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Its conveniently located (in my opinion) less than a km walk from Wenceslas Square, which also means it's a lot quieter than places around Nove / Stare Mesto and you can get a good night's sleep! I really liked the breakfast, a lot to choose from and I ate so much that I didn't need to eat again until dinner. There's a few good spots for beer and food around if you do some research. Very close to IP Pavlova so if you need transport other than your own feet, its easy. If you're a vegetarian, there's a lovely place a few streets away on Bělehradská :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kam S

Dear valued guest,
thank you so much for you stay with us and for your kind review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Prague and in Hotel Saint George and we hope you will come back to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great hotel for the money. You need to go in with an understanding that this is a tourist level hotel with basic accommodations. The hotel is near the metro. We thought this was a great hotel to explore Prague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear client,
I would like to thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Saint George and for your kind review.
I am glad you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Prague and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights recently, was good location if you enjoy walking the hill coming back from tourist area is quite steep not advisable for elderly or people with poor mobility. The hotel staff were very friendly , the cleanliness of the rooms was only average, we were on the 5 th floor the room was very small and very hot the air conditioner was not very effective. My husband had to crawl in to bed as the bed was pushed up against the wall. The breakfast was average one thing they could provide is a toaster. One thing that I think should be addressed immediately is the hot water in the shower as I would say this is very dangerous as whilst showering it went from warm to scalding hot to freezing cold so whilst showering you were scalded and frozen I dread to think what would have happened if a child or elderly person had have been showering.they also need to supply new pillows they have seen better days and very hard, some thing that really is not the hotels fault is guest returning late were very noisy they woke us up every night , in all not a good experience at this hotel

Room Tip: Request a room not on 5 th floor

Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you for your stay in Hotel Saint George and for your kind review.
Regarding the water pressure, we have pointed this issue to our technicians immediatelly.
I am happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Reading a lot of reviews on trip advisor I was a little bit worried about this hotel as many seemed to complain about various aspects of the hotel. However as it turns out there was nothing to worry about as this was a great hotel! The room we had was on the 4th floor, non-smoking and very spacious. The bed was really comfortable, I think myself and my partner got a great nights sleep every night we stayed. The room has plenty of amenities including a reasonably priced mini-bar which we used on occasion and to store our own drinks in. The bathroom was tidy, with the maid replenishing our towels and bedding upon request. I should warn visitors about the shower just because the water pressure can be a bit all over the place from time to time, it didn't bother me but my partner did get a bit frustrated. The hotel itself has decoration that gives it character and charm unlike many chain brand hotels. We didn't use the leisure areas but they were well equipped and comfortable. The staff were always polite and happy to help whenever we needed assistance. The breakfast was definitely a highlight of the hotel, there is plenty to choose from so no taste is left unsatisfied, the staff constantly replenished any items that were running low so there is always plenty to eat! The scrambled eggs, probably the best I've ever eaten so kudos to the hotel chef for that! The hotel is placed conveniently near I.P. Pavlova metro station, which is handy for travelling back after a long day of walking. Wenceslas Square is easily accessible within a twenty minute walk, from there we walked through to the Old Town and Lesser Town areas with ease. We only used public transport twice during our five night stay. All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it is a great base to explore Prague from and provides a comfortable stay that really is great value for money!

Room Tip: Specify the type of room you would like before you travel, I emailed the hotel and asked for a doubl...
2  Thank Sarah H
Marketa M, Manager at Hotel Saint George, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear valued client,
let me thank you for your stay in Prague - in Hotel Saint George.
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will come back soon.
In case you would like to have assistance regarding your possible reservation, please, do not hesitate to contact me: manager@hotel-st-george.cz.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Saint George is a decent hotel, good price, it's about 10 minutes away from IP Pavlova metro station and about 25-30 minutes to the Old Town, walking of course. The room is ok, small, like many other hotels in touristic cities. The air-conditioning worked for the first day and then it stopped, I don't know why, so it was very warm. Breakfast was ok...we liked the cheese variety and the cakes were ok, we only wish they would have served some vegetables people eat in the morning, like tomatoes, peppers...they had cabbage and onion...oh well. The staff was like all the people from Prague...bored and did nothing more than what they had to.

Dear valued client,
thank you very much for your stay in Hotel Saint George.
We are glad you have been satisfied with us and we hope to welcome you back in Prague and our hotel soon.