Hotel William
Golden Well Hotel(Prague)
US$863
US$476
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscharles bridgegreat locationbetween floorsold townpetrin hillprague castlemala stranatram stophotel is locatedwalking distancemain attractionssmall roomlesser townrecommend this hotelbreakfast was delicioushotel is perfectperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was there with my wife for 2 nights. Our room was big and clean, very nice furniture. Hotel is located in center of Prag, next to Karol Bridge, and Hradcany - they have also closed parking for cars. Staff in hotel is also very kind and helpful. If i go to Prag again i will stay there for sure. I can't say anything about breakfast because it was always to late for us;). I recommend this hotel very much. There was only one small problem for us - there is no shampoo in the room and you can't buy it in reception, but we found it in the shop next to the hotel. But stil great hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poul9
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Poul9,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I'm sorry that you did not have shampoo. In the bathroom is "hair and body gel" (2in1). In case you need just the shampoo, it´s available at the reception desk.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Kind regards.
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The cost effectiveness of the Hotel is great. We payed 107€ for three nights incl. breakfast. Also the location of the hotel is perfect. To name but a few attraction which are quickly reachable within a 20 minute walk at a max: the Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, the old town centre, etc. Additionally, the tram stops in front of the hotel.

The double room is spacious and sufficient furnished. There were some details missing like no waste basket (besides the one in the bathroom) and no fridge. Our blanket had two small holes and at arrival the bathroom unpleasantly smelled of chlorine, hence we kept the door closed at the beginning and turned on the ventilation. But the smell was gone within 10minutes.

The breakfast is nothing special, we missed scrambled eggs and it took some time to refill the coffee when the pot was empty. Altogether the breakfast is O.K.

Close by there are some good restaurants and cafes which I would recommend (just search on tripadvisor). Especially the CafeSavoy (3mins away) is worth a visit for a delicious breakfast.

All in all the hotel is ok and impresses with the fair prize and very well location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Boris B
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Boris B,
thank you very much for your feedback from your stay at Hotel William.
I´m very pleased to read your notes. I´ve bought waste baskets to all our rooms including bathrooms for improvement our services. Based on your knowledge we also changed our offer of hot breakfast every day.
I really want to say, that I appreciate the knowledge and recommendations of our guests and I try to improve our services.
Thank you for your rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Best regards.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is really wonderful. It's situated between the Old Town and Prague Castle, in the very nice area of Mala Strana, and is about 15 minutes walk to the castle and 5 minutes to Charles Bridge.

The room I got, 409, was very small, but beautiful enough to make me forget it! The buffet breakfast is amazing - the best hotel breakfast I can ever remember having. I stayed in a 4 star hotel in the Algarve over the summer, and the breakfast in this £28 a night hotel was better. The breakfast hall is also exceptionally beautiful.

One downside is that the lift is really tiny, you would be lucky to fit 2 people with luggage in it. Because of how small it was, I ended up using the stairs every day going up to the 4th floor, which wasn't the most fun after a full day of walking. I chose to walk everywhere, except for getting the funicular train up to the top of Petrin Hill, but there is a tram stop just round from the hotel, which will be handy for some.

I don't think I could recommend this hotel enough. Even though it's one of the cheapest places I've stayed, it's also one of the nicest. The staff take pride in it, it's spotlessly clean and very beautiful, and I wouldn't go anywhere else when returning to Prague.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ais11
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Ais11,
I am most grateful for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and for indicating you would recommend our Hotel William.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here just one night. We got it very cheap ($60) on Expedia. The front desk agent named MARTINA was amazing. Helpful in every way. Other than that the rooms very tiny, no fridge, and no extra pillows. No waste basket ??? They could make it better with a few extra little things ! It was clean and O.K.!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel P
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Mr. Pavel P,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay at our Hotel William.
I feel so sorry about your review, because in case you want to extra pillows, you can ask at the reception desk. And thank you for feedback about waste basket, it is good to know the opinion of our guest. All our rooms have waste basket in bathroom, so we will buy them also into bedrooms.
Sincerely
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2013

It's a very good location not to far from all the attractions of Prague.
10 min walk from Karlo's bridge, 15 min walk from the castle, 15 min from the old town suare ... very indicated to walk around Prague ...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank paolograz
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Mr. Paolograz,
thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
Greetings