“two sides of the same coin”
Review of TOP HOTEL Praha

TOP HOTEL Praha
Ranked #603 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have been in this hotel few times. Only due to business. But I had every time totally different room for the same price? One type was really great with huge bathroom, but the second one was situated in old building and was one star max! Hotel itself looks better from inside than from outside. And is pretty far from center.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location of the hotel is terrible, you have to take the bus and then use the metro to reach the city center. It is not a place for tourists for sure. The breakfast was not good as well. Apart from the location & food issues, hotel is big and comfortable. But I would never recommend this hotel to a tourist.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ece N
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When I first checked in I was very upset as I couldn't connect to wifi in my room and they promptly moved me to another room that it worked in. This rectified the issue I had as having wifi is a necessity when travelling away from my husband and family. Wifi is available in the lobby area which is quite large ad it's at a decent speed.

Go to breakfast early or you'll be experiencing flies on everything and not knowing how long the cold cuts and cheeses have been out for. It's a traditional breakfast with lots of cold cuts, cheeses and other yummy things! Just go early or you may feel disappointed.

The staff were very helpful in providing me with advice on how to get around and where to go.

Sure there are a few things about the hotel that I found frustrating however for the price they charge I wasn't expecting a high end four star hotel and my expectations were not high as a result of other trip advisor reviews.

Just be aware that not all the power sockets work on international power converters and there was only one in my room that worked for me.

Not all rooms have safes.... While I was standing at the front desk checking in another guest complained that money had gone missing from her room and she was promptly told she should've placed it in her safe and there was the insinuation that if money went missing t was her own fault. I got around this by requesting no room service for my short stay and I placed a 'do not disturb' on my door. I made it quite clear of my intentions if this request wasn't respected.

It's adequate and decent enough. Just know what you're getting before you commit- if going through an agent ask them for a picture of the room you'll be staying in.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel that was regular and easy to use.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Renewed Social realism hotel complex. Clean nice, and has a very interesting feeleng from 80's. It is worth to pay for breakfast, you can eat as much and variably.It's far from the old town, so you can go with car, or bus (stopped in front of the hotel).

Room Tip: You need breakfast! :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeNtEs
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Me and my husband didn't have any problems with checking-in or out of the hotel. Checking-in lasted for15 minutes (filling in the forms, paying for the rooms and getting the cards for the room). checking out lasted for 2 minutes.
The rooms are dated, but clean. The bathroom was pretty small but had the soap, the hairdryer... Everybody is complaining about beds - they were fine with us because we don't like sleeping in soft beds. We went for breakfast pretty early (around 7 o'clock) since we wanted to explore the city and it wasn't too crowdy with guests. Breakfast included various types of salami and cheese, butter, honey, marmalade, fruits, yoghurt, cereals, pastries, boiled eggs, etc. It worked for us.
This hotel definitely isn't the 4 stars they claim to be, but all in all our staying was satisfactory, we didn't have any problems with the room, staff or loud youngsters. I was pretty scared because the reviews here are really bad, but as I'm saying it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Buyer Beware Go elseware StaffNotHelpful NeedTo Upgrade Service Personality AndService Never Be Back AskedForHelpOn Phone CaLls Because In RoomPhoneDidn't Work Told To Use PayPhone ChasedOut Of Lounge In Lobby Because Bought Drink In ACross Aisle But The Didn't Have Wifi Never Stay Again

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Warning Warning, Warning .Do not stay at this Hotel as the place is in no way a 4 star. I could write a book with what I found wrong with this place" it was a joke and I was the fool who booked it". On arrival my party of three were the only ones at reception and it took them 15 min to book us in as they were so laid back they nearly fell asleep. The beds were on a solid bit of wood with no springs and when I complained I was told that if I was not happy I could have a camp bed with springs. Towels were a joke so thin I could see through them and only given 2 small hand towels for 2 of us to shower. Sheets not changed In 4 days with the heat over 38 degrees and no AIR CON in this hotel this was a joke. At the bar I was charge 3 different prices for the same drinks and when I complained I got the same excuse from the barman " I am busy and this makes me do things wrong". Breakfast was like a BUN FIGHT if you were lucky you got a clean table if not you had to move dirty dishes yourself as the dining room held 500 or more most mornings and they had 2 young people clearing the tables at a snails pace. Overall this is a dump and please don't stay as you will regret it and for my final comment on my day of departure I asked the reception to call the car company that I booked to take me back to the AIRPORT to come early as we were desperate to gat away (THIS WAS A FREE PHONE NUMBER)they refused to do it for me even when I offered to pay for the call the told me no. I used my Ipad and escaped thank god. I have travelled all over the world but I will never forget this hotel from hell as it is top of my list never to visit again.

Room Tip: No good rooms in any part of this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple