“The room is nice, clean and spacious but the lady who is in charge is rude and unfriendly.”
Review of Klara

Klara
Ranked #140 of 359 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We check in on this hotel last aug 22, 2013 by a booking.com and charging us 113 euro only for 2 nights for a triple room.. the room is nice clean and spacious..but the hall way is stinky and dirty..bathroom is clean but no fridge and air condition..the receptionist is unfriendly doesn't understand english good..I still need to talk to the owner by a phone because their over charging us for the room that i book..anyway to make it short they dont know how to compute..lol!! just make sure you pay euro than czech money..

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Киев
Reviewed 19 August 2013

"It's not my problem, if you don't like it, you can leave right now" - that's what the hotel owner said to me, when I told that Wifi signal in our room was too weak to connect. Instead of trying to help, he started arguing and shouting at me. Terrible.We had to leave earlier than planned because of that. Besides, the room was not cleand during our stay. The entire 'hotel' is just several rooms scattered around two or three floors of a residential building, and it is not very well looked after.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel klara for 2 nights and weren't overly pleased. First of all, when we got to the desk the lady was incredibly rude. Made us go back to the car to get a second passport then told us she would only take cash. A little inconvenient.

The room is a decent size but our bed was incredibly uncomfortable. It was like a futon covered with towels...doesn't make for a good nights sleep. The hotel is fairly noisy, you can hear the noise from everyone around you coming and going.

Breakfast was good and same with location. I wouldn't stay here again, even with the cheap price

• Stayed July 2013
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 23 May 2013

To start with I waited ten minutes for the door to be opened. Secondly my reservation got lost somewhere and I was asked to provide a proof of it (by showing a confirmation e-mail, which requested pulling out a laptop from my case. Finally the credit card terminal was out of order, so the next morning I was chasing the neighbourhood for a cash.

That what's bad abut it.
Let's look at the bright sides: Bed was comfortable, neighbourhood quiet, breakfast a bit basic but tasty (and they has a proper tea), Wi-Fi was flying.
I would expect a shampoo in the bathroom, but I found none.

And if you have a car, remember NOT to park along blue lines - it costs 2000CZK. Ask at the reception for a car park.

Room Tip: I suggest picking up a room facing the backyard - OK, there may be nosy looks, but curtains will sor...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Although I reserved the room online and I was even emailed a week before, when I arrived the room was overbooked. As a solution I had to sleep with some of my friends that had the luck to find their room ready for check-in.

It is not a hotel, more like a bed and breakfast. Reception only until 14:00 or similar. It is like a block of flats with rented apartments.

Also as in other hotels in Prague, the bed had no sheets, only bed cover and blanket.

With all the minuses, the hotel was ok to stay for maxim 1-2 nights.

Room Tip: If you have other options, try something else...if not...this one is ok for a short stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Before I took the journey to Prague I was emailed by the hotel to see what time I would be arriving, I thought this was nice and personal of them to do, however when I arrived at the hotel and went to reception I realised that it was merely because I was keeping the receptionist up. Her greeting was hardly welcoming, and she spent most of the time on her phone, which I thought was particularly rude. The room I was allocated did not have curtains and the street lights meant the room did not get very dark. The bed was very comfortable however. The breakfast the next morning was very disappointing and I found myself having a bowl of muesli every morning, rather than the cold meat platter and sweaty looking cheese. All encounters with the staff were unfriendly, almost all of them resulting in them speaking Dutch to one another whilst ignoring me, which I felt was particularly rude. I spent most of the nights up until late, as I was disturbed by every noise that came from around me, with no measures of sound proofing or consideration. Overall I was very disappointed with my stay, and would not recommend this hotel over any hostel that I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I'd say to try and get a room on the top floor, so you don't have noise from above. And try...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo