“Nice, affordable, our of centre”
Review of Klara

Klara
Ranked #182 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed almost a week in december 2013. While the hotel is very close to public transportation you can walk to the old part of town in ten-fifteen minutes. (A good tip is to go through the park following the river - you'll be spoiled with amazing views of the city. Especially at night!)

When we arrived the night portier was waiting for us, and made sure we had all the info we needed. She had a couple of helpful suggestions and was very kind. Also on check out everything went smoothly.

I suppose beds are a little hard, but as that's exactly how we like it, I must confess to sleeping like a baby all week. Breakfast consists of various cold cuts, eggs and bread, some cereal, juice of various kinds and decent coffee.

The hotel isn't luxury, and it's a little way our of the centre - but I wouldn't mind going there again. Staying north of the river turned out to be good in many ways - especially because of the massive parks and the absoluty amazing views from there.

Room Tip: Room 1 on the ground floor is very quiet and wifi is absolutely warp speed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bigso

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed for three nights here. Hotel is very close to the tram stop, and less than 10 minutes to the tube station. Very convenient for getting to the centre. Breakfast was fine - cereals, yoghurt, cheese, ham, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, toast, tea and coffee. Our bed was OK, perhaps a little hard, but we've had worse! Room was warm and a good size-we were on the first floor. Hotel is down a side street so quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful. Gave us a map to help us get around. Shower is OK. No tea and coffee provided which was disappointing. They don't take credit cards, which was inconvenient. All in all good value for money. If you want a budget hotel this one fits the bill. If you want luxury, you have to pay for it and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We check in on this hotel last aug 22, 2013 by a booking.com and charging us 113 euro only for 2 nights for a triple room.. the room is nice clean and spacious..but the hall way is stinky and dirty..bathroom is clean but no fridge and air condition..the receptionist is unfriendly doesn't understand english good..I still need to talk to the owner by a phone because their over charging us for the room that i book..anyway to make it short they dont know how to compute..lol!! just make sure you pay euro than czech money..

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

"It's not my problem, if you don't like it, you can leave right now" - that's what the hotel owner said to me, when I told that Wifi signal in our room was too weak to connect. Instead of trying to help, he started arguing and shouting at me. Terrible.We had to leave earlier than planned because of that. Besides, the room was not cleand during our stay. The entire 'hotel' is just several rooms scattered around two or three floors of a residential building, and it is not very well looked after.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel klara for 2 nights and weren't overly pleased. First of all, when we got to the desk the lady was incredibly rude. Made us go back to the car to get a second passport then told us she would only take cash. A little inconvenient.

The room is a decent size but our bed was incredibly uncomfortable. It was like a futon covered with towels...doesn't make for a good nights sleep. The hotel is fairly noisy, you can hear the noise from everyone around you coming and going.

Breakfast was good and same with location. I wouldn't stay here again, even with the cheap price

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 May 2013

To start with I waited ten minutes for the door to be opened. Secondly my reservation got lost somewhere and I was asked to provide a proof of it (by showing a confirmation e-mail, which requested pulling out a laptop from my case. Finally the credit card terminal was out of order, so the next morning I was chasing the neighbourhood for a cash.

That what's bad abut it.
Let's look at the bright sides: Bed was comfortable, neighbourhood quiet, breakfast a bit basic but tasty (and they has a proper tea), Wi-Fi was flying.
I would expect a shampoo in the bathroom, but I found none.

And if you have a car, remember NOT to park along blue lines - it costs 2000CZK. Ask at the reception for a car park.

Room Tip: I suggest picking up a room facing the backyard - OK, there may be nosy looks, but curtains will sor...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Although I reserved the room online and I was even emailed a week before, when I arrived the room was overbooked. As a solution I had to sleep with some of my friends that had the luck to find their room ready for check-in.

It is not a hotel, more like a bed and breakfast. Reception only until 14:00 or similar. It is like a block of flats with rented apartments.

Also as in other hotels in Prague, the bed had no sheets, only bed cover and blanket.

With all the minuses, the hotel was ok to stay for maxim 1-2 nights.

Room Tip: If you have other options, try something else...if not...this one is ok for a short stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends