“They need new cleaners!”
Review of Cechie Praha

Cechie Praha
Ranked #520 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“They need new cleaners!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When I first arrived at the hotel it looked ok from the outside, Inside in the reception area looked very posh. However- When I entered the room I headed for the bath room, I looked in the shower drain(where water and hair goes into) and I thought I saw an snake! It turns out the cleaners ever removed the hair. I had just eaten before seeing this and I felt so sick I just decided to remove it myself as it was very late to be calling cleaners to the room. The toilet need bleach in it and a good clean! which I also did! Then I went to read over the booklets to find out details for the wi-fi. I opened the booklet and an used old dirty plaster was in it! what a joke! I wasn't sure if I was set up for a re -make of the Jeremy Beadle show! I paid good money to stay at the hotel and ended up feeling sick and uncomfortable during my stay. The hotel need to up their standards. I mentioned this to the manager the next day and she was very embarrassed. If your staying there on your own its not very safe walking to the metro in the evening as you need to walk through estate blocks. I didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LivingLife2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed here for a conference. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious with a fridge and air conditioning (vital for me as it was very hot). Food was fine, breakfast in particular, but lunches and dinners good also (occassionally a little strange choice of combinations). Meeting facilities were great.

While you have to pay for 24hr wifi, it isn't very much at 150kr . I didn't use the swimming pool or sauna but colleagues did and really enjoyed it.

The staff were very helpful and extremely efficient. My room key stopped working one evening and this was immediately remedied.

While not very central, it was on the metro and tram lines and it was very easy to access the centre from the hotel. The public transport is excellent. The taxi to the airport on the way back was a little more expensive than from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This hotel probably formally complies with the 4 star standard, but it definitely doesn't go beyond.
Even though we have booked non-smoker room with the double bed, we got really smelly smoker room with twin beds ... After complaining and waiting for half an hour we received non-smoking room with twin beds.
Rooms are very small with no ceiling light (only small lamps on the night stands). Walls are very thin. Everything happening in the neighboring rooms sounded like somebody is inside our room, not mentioning kids crying whole evening two floors down...
Not very close to metro. Quite an exercise to get the baggage from the station on the broken roads to hotel.
Breakfast: very limited variety, I am used to better breakfast even from hostels.
I recommend only for people going there for their sport facilities.
I see not use in formally stating 4 stars and then under-perform. Might have been the solid 3 star hotel for tennis players.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We booked this for one night and all was ok really, apart from the breakfast. All the tables were dirty when we arrived and there was not a lot left, it was half past nine but it stated breakfast was served untill ten, maybe we should have been earlier. Room clean, comfortable, staff friendly, good location as tram stop a two minute walk around the corner.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Zilina, Slovakia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The hotel is new, clean and sits in realy quiet area of Prague . Rooms /in main building / are relativelly big, with modern furniture, TV with basic programmes in main languagues. The free indoor swimingpoool and sauna till 22:00 is nice surprise.
Breakfast is buffet style with basic altermatives but it is in rate included. I paid 42 Euro for double room and it is great value!
The walk to the nearest metro station Invalidovna is 300 m long along the block of flats.Only 4 metro stations or 10 minutes to the centre of town.
Around hotel is sporting area with tenis courts, squash courts, golf training green, indoor golf simulators and many more. No many possibilities to eat - only one pizzeria at the metro station.
I think, it is a good start to discover the treasures of Prague.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the main block at the reception area
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here as a last minute thing. From the outside we thought we were in the wrong place as it didn't look like a hotel and the area was quite run down. Once inside though we found the rooms more than adequate, spatious and above all incredible cheap. The breakfast was fantastic and the sports faciltities were great. It's a bit of a trek into town and I wouldn't feel comfortable walking back at night. For £35 however, as a total for both of us and included a fantastic buffet breakfast it is an ideal location for for a short weekend when you intend to spend most of your time visiting the centre of Prague.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We choose this hotel because of wellness, what had to be in price. But when we come, they told us, that it is not open. We were very disapointed beacasue of it. We love relax in sauna and pool. When we asked for compensation, they offer us only free gym. But gym was for us not acceptable, becasue we were tired from walking through Prague all day.
We wanted just relax, but we couldnt. We asked for anotzher compensation, but there was no discution with them... I think that it was not nice from 4* hotel...
From outside seems that the hotel is not very good. But from inside it was sufficient.
Breakfast was good.