Cechie Praha
Priceline
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolshort stayclean roomsold towninvalidovnatennismetrowifibreakfastcentrestopstickets
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The hotel is definitely not downtown, but there's both metro and tram close by. The immediate sorroundings are a bit seedy, but just a few meters the are until downtown is quite nice, and makes a pleasant (albeit long) walk downtown, with parks, cafés, restaurants. The hotel is modern, comfortable and well kept, has nice sports facilities, such as swimming pool, sauna, tennis court, golf. The breakfast was quite good. Wifi is not free and that part annoys me. I was staying in a different hotel, in the same area but closer to the centre, but since I wasn't pleased with it I tried this one. Since I walked there, the first impression was not too good, as the area is confusing and not too inviting, and even the hotel façade is not too promising, but once I got inside I really liked it - modern, functional, very comfortable room, slept great, enjoyed the swimming pool and the price was 45€/night for a double room with breakfast. Not a bad place to stay if you'll be in Prague for a few days and don't need to be right downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MartaC
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Nice hotel ...had been allocated the disabled guests Room...as I requested... Room excellent...comfortable...close to lift ...large, clean with an adapted shower room . complimentary access to Indoor Pool and Sauna ..is a plus ...poor breakfast though. Location also a minus - a bit outside Prague City Centre - can get there by Metro or Tram though in 15/20 mns with quite a long and complicated walk through an isolated Park and estate buildings with no help in Direction, from the Metro or Tram Stations to the hotel .....not for a person with limited mobility like me....but a very good hotel to stay in otherwise...should take my mobility scooter with me next time ...Hotel slightly isolated but it has a nice In-house Restaurant - Bar- I had an enjoyable Dinner there ---despite the long wait ,,,,all the guests had to endure to get get their dinner served...!!!!

Bemol...Internet and Wifi .are charged 6 euros per 24 hours ....whether in your room or in public area...Really disappointing....since no mention of these charges were made when I did the booking....Charges are also made for the use of all the other facilities: Gym, Fitness, Sports, etc...The charges should be notified prior to bookings....in my opinion. Overall lovely hotel ...could do better if they improve their services, their breakfast in particular, and be more transparent to their guests about the Hotel facilities & charges prior to bookings or reservations... .... ..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Said Z
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Excellent hotel, also has great sport facilities.
I've tried the swimming pool, the sauna (both rooms), the golf & mini-golf. The hotel also has bowling and tennis courts.
Very clean, and nice personnel too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed for four nights as a result of the Olympic Tristar being full. Enjoyed the Cechie for its smaller size, clean rooms, good b-fast and all food service (not fast). Staff was helpful. Much nicer than the busloads of "spring break" kids who were staying just up the street (Olympic and Tristar). 2 blocks to the Metro (yellow) stop and there was a small grocery store near by. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "4" section are closer to the reception area and all were quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When I first arrived at the hotel it looked ok from the outside, Inside in the reception area looked very posh. However- When I entered the room I headed for the bath room, I looked in the shower drain(where water and hair goes into) and I thought I saw an snake! It turns out the cleaners ever removed the hair. I had just eaten before seeing this and I felt so sick I just decided to remove it myself as it was very late to be calling cleaners to the room. The toilet need bleach in it and a good clean! which I also did! Then I went to read over the booklets to find out details for the wi-fi. I opened the booklet and an used old dirty plaster was in it! what a joke! I wasn't sure if I was set up for a re -make of the Jeremy Beadle show! I paid good money to stay at the hotel and ended up feeling sick and uncomfortable during my stay. The hotel need to up their standards. I mentioned this to the manager the next day and she was very embarrassed. If your staying there on your own its not very safe walking to the metro in the evening as you need to walk through estate blocks. I didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo