“Great hotel, great service, will defitinely recomend”
Review of Parkhotel Praha

Parkhotel Praha
Ranked #188 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stumbled upon this hotel whilst researching a business trip to Prague. Was very pleasantly surprised by the overall service. Efficient, friendly service, food was good, really nothing at all to complain about. Reception staff were very helpful. Good nice hotel if you are thinking of visiting Prague, you probably wont get better value elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear JOC062,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read your praise about my team. We have spend extensive time focusing on training customer training and introduced our new motto; "catch us doing it right" - an encouragement to guests to explore the warmth in the Czech's. As well as this has helped our employees to be trained in how to deal with various guests in a fun and creative way.
Again, looking forward to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel in the future.
Monika Hilm

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was the first time, I was in Prag and I liked it very much.
The Parkhotel was not far away from the appartement of my friends, therefore I have chosen it. I was very surprised how quiet it was at the 8th floor. I had a good view over Prague. The room was comfortable. Just the waterpressure for washing hands was a bit too weak, but that of the shower was good. It was an international breakfast - you could find enough for different breakfast-habits from many parts of the world and there have been lots of fruits. There was also wifi. Prague was very good with tram and busses and culture. I listened to the symphonic orchestra and they played brilliant, I will not miss to attend a concert of them again!

Room Tip: My room was quiet and sunny at the 8 th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Regina F,
Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I'm delighted to read your comments, as you seemed to have had a great stay with us. If I could ask you to provide me with your room nr or your last name, so we could check the water pressure in the sink. I appreciate you letting me know. You can reach me on monika.hilm@parkhotel-praha.cz.
If you decide to come back and visit your friends again, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We would be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My first visit to Prague since 1984 (and yes, a few changes here and there....) two nights to visit an exhibition at the beautiful old expo centre. The Parkhotel was recommended bya friend who has attended exhibitions there. I booked early and it was extremely reasonably priced, around the cost of a travelodge in the UK, especially considering its proximity to the expo centre (500m away.
Therefore to discover that it actually had nice carpets and hot and cold running water came as a pleasant surprise... but seriously, perhaps it was because I had low expectations that I was so pleased with the hotel. The staff are excellent, all speak good english and are very helpful, as good as you would find at a 4* hotel. The room was nice, clean with recent decor, as was the bathroom, no broken tiles or leaky shower trays. On the 9th floor it was also quiet, you could sleep with the window open without city noise intruding. If I had a criticism it would be that the duvets on the twin beds were just a little too small, (you could have warm toes or warm neck, not both if you're as long as I am) and that the maid service was a mite hurried and didn't restore the room to its shiny best each morning, but it was a weekend....
The buffet breakfast is superb, everything you could wish for and some you wouldn't!
Possibly 5* breakfasts.
Its a Czk350 taxi ride to Wenceslas square or Old Town (£15) and I'm sure the trams are cheaper but travelling as a group shared taxi costs were acceptable.
AND the place is (Prague, as well as the hotel) isn't dressed-up like it was already Christmas, something I hate when the decorations go up at the start of November. 1st December is quite soon enough.
I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors, (there are 10) the lifts are fast and good, and the noise of the city is i...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear SirRanulf-Finnes,
Thank you for your review of Parkhotel Praha.
I'm delighted to read about your satisfaction and enjoyment of Prague as well as the hotel.
Especially I appreciated your comments on the extensive breakfast and our brand new fast elevators.
Thank you for recognizing our teams English - as they have all had lessons since April.
The hotel will indeed put up the Christmas decorations around the first weekend of Advent, as this is tradition in Prague that all lights are lit on the Sunday (1st of December).
Looking forward to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel Praha in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My business partner and I travel to Prague nearly every month and are usually "required" to stay at the Hilton (because of our points) but we needed other accommodation for 2 nights in October, so we stayed at Parkhotel. It's nothing elaborate or extraordinary, but it is perfectly accommodating.

The breakfast is very filling and better than what you'll get at other places in Prague. The service is typically Central European...not overly warm or chatty but definitely willing to help, although we had several lovely chats with a Canadian/American(?) gentleman on staff at breakfast that made us feel really welcome and even recommended a movie theater since it was cold and rainy for the two days we were in Prague. The staff at the reception were also very helpful.

The rooms are comfortable and large enough, with nice views of Prague. I didn't care for the pillows, but they were nice enough. Shower temperature and pressure were also spot on.

Other pros of the hotel - quiet and relaxing...so many hotels in Prague have too much noise and bustle going on. Our company won't be doing business in Prague anymore, but I recommend Parkhotel to anyone visiting Prague (a fantastic city).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear M Fortino,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was very pleased to read your comments and will let Zach know that you appreciated him and his recommendation of movie theater.
We are in the process of soft upgrading of the rooms, and I will for sure add pillows to this as you are the second to advise me on this. Thank you!
If your business needs are changing and you are due to return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team to make your next reservation.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 5 night at the park hotel. The room was clean and big, and the staff are very helpful, and speak english well ( almost all of them). The breakfast buffet is amazing ,and there is plenty of food. Outside the hotel theres a tram station (1 minute walk) which will take you any where you need. And in the hotel theres a ticket machine so you dont have to search shops for a ticket. Oppsite the hotel there many nice places to eat (cheaper than the old town) and theres a super market nearby. we had an amazing time in prague, and having a nice clean room with wifi helps .

1  Thank jonifri
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Jonifri,
Thank you for reviewing Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay in Prague and Parkhotel. My team will be very proud of themselves when I read your comment in our next team forum, especially since English lessons have been a focus in the hotel since the spring.
Breakfast is a very important meal and I'm glad that you have enjoyed our efforts of making this a pleasurable moment.
Since July we are offering free WiFi to all our guests for multiple devices and strong signal in all areas of the hotel as this is something we all need.
If you decide to come back to Prague or will send your friend to Prague, we would be delighted to welcome you back or take good care of your friends.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Better than we expected. Althogh the room was small by North American standards it was very clean & quiet. Could have had more blankets & pillows. Included breakfast was another pleasant surprise... extensive variety of food.

• Stayed: October 2013
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Graham,
Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I'm so sorry to hear that you did not get enough blankets and pillows. I have asked Housekeeping to review what we have in the rooms to ensure there is sufficient numbers per room.
Im delighted to hear you appreciated our breakfast, as this has been one of our key focus areas since we bought the hotel earlier this year.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Parkhotel and Prague in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for five nights, and we had a great experience. It was quiet at night, so we never had any noise issues. The breakfast was outstanding! They had the typical European breakfast as well as an American style breakfast. There was a juice bar, coffee, pancakes, and the works. All personnel we encountered was friendly and accomodating. The hotel is also positioned just above the tram stop, which goes directly to Old Town and to two metro stations within minutes. Although the style is outdated, they are underway updating the hotel (as seen by signs posted around various parts of the place), so I'm sure it will look modern very soon. With all this and the great value of our stay, I will definitely stay here the next time I return to Prague!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Whitney S
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Whitney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read your comments and see that what we have been focusing on since we bought the hotel earlier this year is paying of; ie breakfast, service and cleanliness.
Please come and visit us again next year once we have updated the style of the hotel. I'm sure you will truly like it.

Monika Hilm