“Good valeu for money”

Ranked #182 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Haifa, Israel
“Good valeu for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good location, good price and value for money and all in all a fine hotel and good service.
Would recommand for whom is looking for a standard hotel without getting broke :-)
We did enjoy our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Anna R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I can see that it was almost a year ago since you stayed in the hotel. I can assure you that the changes we have done since we bought the hotel in March 2013 would ensure a further delight from your side.
We have changed elevators, installed high speed WiFi everywhere for free among some of the major changes.
If you decide to come back to Prague in 2014, I would be honored if you decided to see us again.

Happy New Year and all the best wishes for the year to come,
Monika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I enjoyed very much the hotel. Central and quiet surroundings. Parking at the hotel and public transport to all parts of the city.
Clean, courteous staff and a great chef. Those who like soft-boiled eggs, I recommend to ask to make it.
To those whose object dinner for a couple or a business meal, pre-order dinner in receiving. You will not regret. Gourmet meal at popular prices

Dear Marian P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
Your very kind comments about our chef and kitchen team has been noticed and rewards and praise has been shared and recognized.
We are indeed very proud of our kitchen team and I'm delighted to say that we are getting lots of comments like yours about our breakfast and dinners.
During the renovation we are embarking on this spring we will be focusing on the environment where the food is being served to ensure that the environment will be as exciting as the food that is being served.
Again, thank you for the praise and if you decide to return to Prague please come and stay with us and we will do our best to delight you again.

I wish you lots of happiness, health and success in 2014,
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Parkhotel Praha and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Internet worked like a charm in the room and all the staff were very friendly.

Parkhotel Praha is close to many thing, although not right in the city center (which means that it is cheaper than other hotels) but is is super easy to take the number 24 or number 17 tram to the old town and all the shopping.

Right by the hotel is a large art museum, right now with an exhibition of Mucha. The hotel is also very close to one of the parks in Prage if you want to go running in the morning. In this park you also find the Zoo and an amusement park.

When I go back to Prague I will stay at Parkhotel Praha again!

Mia

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Miaswede,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was very happy to read that you and your friends have had a great time in Prague.
I was particularly happy to read that you had used our lovely Stromovka Park and WIFI that we installed at 80mbps over the summer.
When you decide to return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact us and look forward to welcome you back to Parkhotel Praha.
Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stumbled upon this hotel whilst researching a business trip to Prague. Was very pleasantly surprised by the overall service. Efficient, friendly service, food was good, really nothing at all to complain about. Reception staff were very helpful. Good nice hotel if you are thinking of visiting Prague, you probably wont get better value elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear JOC062,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read your praise about my team. We have spend extensive time focusing on training customer training and introduced our new motto; "catch us doing it right" - an encouragement to guests to explore the warmth in the Czech's. As well as this has helped our employees to be trained in how to deal with various guests in a fun and creative way.
Again, looking forward to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel in the future.
Monika Hilm
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was the first time, I was in Prag and I liked it very much.
The Parkhotel was not far away from the appartement of my friends, therefore I have chosen it. I was very surprised how quiet it was at the 8th floor. I had a good view over Prague. The room was comfortable. Just the waterpressure for washing hands was a bit too weak, but that of the shower was good. It was an international breakfast - you could find enough for different breakfast-habits from many parts of the world and there have been lots of fruits. There was also wifi. Prague was very good with tram and busses and culture. I listened to the symphonic orchestra and they played brilliant, I will not miss to attend a concert of them again!

Room Tip: My room was quiet and sunny at the 8 th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Regina F,
Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I'm delighted to read your comments, as you seemed to have had a great stay with us. If I could ask you to provide me with your room nr or your last name, so we could check the water pressure in the sink. I appreciate you letting me know. You can reach me on monika.hilm@parkhotel-praha.cz.
If you decide to come back and visit your friends again, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We would be happy to welcome you back.
Best Regards,
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My first visit to Prague since 1984 (and yes, a few changes here and there....) two nights to visit an exhibition at the beautiful old expo centre. The Parkhotel was recommended bya friend who has attended exhibitions there. I booked early and it was extremely reasonably priced, around the cost of a travelodge in the UK, especially considering its proximity to the expo centre (500m away.
Therefore to discover that it actually had nice carpets and hot and cold running water came as a pleasant surprise... but seriously, perhaps it was because I had low expectations that I was so pleased with the hotel. The staff are excellent, all speak good english and are very helpful, as good as you would find at a 4* hotel. The room was nice, clean with recent decor, as was the bathroom, no broken tiles or leaky shower trays. On the 9th floor it was also quiet, you could sleep with the window open without city noise intruding. If I had a criticism it would be that the duvets on the twin beds were just a little too small, (you could have warm toes or warm neck, not both if you're as long as I am) and that the maid service was a mite hurried and didn't restore the room to its shiny best each morning, but it was a weekend....
The buffet breakfast is superb, everything you could wish for and some you wouldn't!
Possibly 5* breakfasts.
Its a Czk350 taxi ride to Wenceslas square or Old Town (£15) and I'm sure the trams are cheaper but travelling as a group shared taxi costs were acceptable.
AND the place is (Prague, as well as the hotel) isn't dressed-up like it was already Christmas, something I hate when the decorations go up at the start of November. 1st December is quite soon enough.
I will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors, (there are 10) the lifts are fast and good, and the noise of the city is i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear SirRanulf-Finnes,
Thank you for your review of Parkhotel Praha.
I'm delighted to read about your satisfaction and enjoyment of Prague as well as the hotel.
Especially I appreciated your comments on the extensive breakfast and our brand new fast elevators.
Thank you for recognizing our teams English - as they have all had lessons since April.
The hotel will indeed put up the Christmas decorations around the first weekend of Advent, as this is tradition in Prague that all lights are lit on the Sunday (1st of December).
Looking forward to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel Praha in the future.
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My business partner and I travel to Prague nearly every month and are usually "required" to stay at the Hilton (because of our points) but we needed other accommodation for 2 nights in October, so we stayed at Parkhotel. It's nothing elaborate or extraordinary, but it is perfectly accommodating.

The breakfast is very filling and better than what you'll get at other places in Prague. The service is typically Central European...not overly warm or chatty but definitely willing to help, although we had several lovely chats with a Canadian/American(?) gentleman on staff at breakfast that made us feel really welcome and even recommended a movie theater since it was cold and rainy for the two days we were in Prague. The staff at the reception were also very helpful.

The rooms are comfortable and large enough, with nice views of Prague. I didn't care for the pillows, but they were nice enough. Shower temperature and pressure were also spot on.

Other pros of the hotel - quiet and relaxing...so many hotels in Prague have too much noise and bustle going on. Our company won't be doing business in Prague anymore, but I recommend Parkhotel to anyone visiting Prague (a fantastic city).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear M Fortino,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was very pleased to read your comments and will let Zach know that you appreciated him and his recommendation of movie theater.
We are in the process of soft upgrading of the rooms, and I will for sure add pillows to this as you are the second to advise me on this. Thank you!
If your business needs are changing and you are due to return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team to make your next reservation.