“Great hotel for couples, families, groups...”
Review of Parkhotel Praha

Parkhotel Praha
Ranked #186 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Belgrade, Serbia
“Great hotel for couples, families, groups...”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Great location, only 7 minutes away from city center by tram (station is a minute away). Rooms are very clean and very comfortable. Very quite hotel, great for relaxing and good sleep, whether you are on business, romantic or family trip.
Breakfast was fabulous, various choice of food. Convenient for vegetarians, too.
Very polite and helpful stuff.
Big plus for free Wi Fi access in rooms.
Good price.
My boyfriend and I enjoyed hotel very much!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better view of Prague.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tanja K
Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Tanja K,
Thank you for your review of Parkhotel Praha.
I was very happy to read your review and that you enjoyed your stay in Prague and in the hotel.
I thank you for commenting on the WiFi. We are very happy with our June/July 2013 installation of Free high speed 80mbps everywhere free of charge in the hotel, as most travelers now a days needs WiFi and expects it. I am of the honest opinion that it would be very outdated to charge for it, it would be like charging for usage of the TV in the room. During 2014 we will further increase the speed.
If you decide to return to Prague, let us know and we would be delighted to have you with us again.

All the best wishes for 2014,
Monika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had a group of 11 student performers, and a confusion at the university dormitory where we had planned to stay resulted in us being without hotel arrangements for the last three days of our trip. I called the Parkhotel late in the evening (I had stayed there often before), and they were outstanding in helping us out at a price we could afford, including their huge breakfast buffet.

If our rooms were ordinary (they are remodeling) they are quite roomy enough, and spotlessly clean. The hotel lobby has a unique four-circle, 1960's design sitting nook that is a genuine work of period art, and if you don't actually stay at the hotel it is worth going there just to sit in the nooks for a coffee or aperitif. The huge breakfast buffet is worth writing home about (most of my students did so), and there is an excellent attached pizzaria in the lower level of the hotel.

The attitude of service at the hotel is amazing. Expedia rates the hotel at 4 stars, but the staff is definitely 5-star. They seem to really like their guests, and they really like their hotel. I understand the hotel is under new management since about a year ago, and the new manager and her staff are hugely service-oriented.

The hotel is not in the center, but Tram 17 has a stop in front of the hotel and goes directly to Old Town and the National Theatre. And it is right across the street from the Velatrzni Palace and its colletcion of French impressionist and Czech art.

This is my 20th year of bringing student groups to Prague, and I have never before had such an overall good experience at a hotel of this size. I rate it as comfortable, fun, and pleasant for individuals, and absolutely outstanding for groups.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet, better for individuals. Views are actually pretty good from any of the uppe...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ohiotraveller977,
Thank you so much for reviewing Parkhotel Praha. I'm speechless of pride when I read your review.
Since we took over the hotel in March 2013; we have focused on communication and English lessons for our team as well as showing them how much we care about them, so that they will care about our guests. Reading your review I can tell that we have come a long way on this journey of service improvements.
In our next team meeting we will translate your review to Czech and share/reward and praise - cause that is how we will get better; by "catching our team members doing it right"!
Thank you again for your extensive praise and I hope that when you do return to Prague we will be your first choice of hotel.
All the best wishes for 2014,
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good location, good price and value for money and all in all a fine hotel and good service.
Would recommand for whom is looking for a standard hotel without getting broke :-)
We did enjoy our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Anna R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I can see that it was almost a year ago since you stayed in the hotel. I can assure you that the changes we have done since we bought the hotel in March 2013 would ensure a further delight from your side.
We have changed elevators, installed high speed WiFi everywhere for free among some of the major changes.
If you decide to come back to Prague in 2014, I would be honored if you decided to see us again.

Happy New Year and all the best wishes for the year to come,
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I enjoyed very much the hotel. Central and quiet surroundings. Parking at the hotel and public transport to all parts of the city.
Clean, courteous staff and a great chef. Those who like soft-boiled eggs, I recommend to ask to make it.
To those whose object dinner for a couple or a business meal, pre-order dinner in receiving. You will not regret. Gourmet meal at popular prices

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Marian P,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
Your very kind comments about our chef and kitchen team has been noticed and rewards and praise has been shared and recognized.
We are indeed very proud of our kitchen team and I'm delighted to say that we are getting lots of comments like yours about our breakfast and dinners.
During the renovation we are embarking on this spring we will be focusing on the environment where the food is being served to ensure that the environment will be as exciting as the food that is being served.
Again, thank you for the praise and if you decide to return to Prague please come and stay with us and we will do our best to delight you again.

I wish you lots of happiness, health and success in 2014,
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Parkhotel Praha and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Internet worked like a charm in the room and all the staff were very friendly.

Parkhotel Praha is close to many thing, although not right in the city center (which means that it is cheaper than other hotels) but is is super easy to take the number 24 or number 17 tram to the old town and all the shopping.

Right by the hotel is a large art museum, right now with an exhibition of Mucha. The hotel is also very close to one of the parks in Prage if you want to go running in the morning. In this park you also find the Zoo and an amusement park.

When I go back to Prague I will stay at Parkhotel Praha again!

Mia

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Miaswede,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was very happy to read that you and your friends have had a great time in Prague.
I was particularly happy to read that you had used our lovely Stromovka Park and WIFI that we installed at 80mbps over the summer.
When you decide to return to Prague, please do not hesitate to contact us and look forward to welcome you back to Parkhotel Praha.
Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stumbled upon this hotel whilst researching a business trip to Prague. Was very pleasantly surprised by the overall service. Efficient, friendly service, food was good, really nothing at all to complain about. Reception staff were very helpful. Good nice hotel if you are thinking of visiting Prague, you probably wont get better value elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear JOC062,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I was delighted to read your praise about my team. We have spend extensive time focusing on training customer training and introduced our new motto; "catch us doing it right" - an encouragement to guests to explore the warmth in the Czech's. As well as this has helped our employees to be trained in how to deal with various guests in a fun and creative way.
Again, looking forward to welcome you back to Prague and Parkhotel in the future.
Kind Regards,
Monika Hilm
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was the first time, I was in Prag and I liked it very much.
The Parkhotel was not far away from the appartement of my friends, therefore I have chosen it. I was very surprised how quiet it was at the 8th floor. I had a good view over Prague. The room was comfortable. Just the waterpressure for washing hands was a bit too weak, but that of the shower was good. It was an international breakfast - you could find enough for different breakfast-habits from many parts of the world and there have been lots of fruits. There was also wifi. Prague was very good with tram and busses and culture. I listened to the symphonic orchestra and they played brilliant, I will not miss to attend a concert of them again!

Room Tip: My room was quiet and sunny at the 8 th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monika_Hilm, General Manager at Parkhotel Praha, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Regina F,
Thank you for taking the time to review Parkhotel Praha.
I'm delighted to read your comments, as you seemed to have had a great stay with us. If I could ask you to provide me with your room nr or your last name, so we could check the water pressure in the sink. I appreciate you letting me know. You can reach me on monika.hilm@parkhotel-praha.cz.
If you decide to come back and visit your friends again, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We would be happy to welcome you back.
Best Regards,