“Location is awesome.....and so was everything else”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pod Vezi

Hotel Pod Vezi
Ranked #2 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Washington D.C.
“Location is awesome.....and so was everything else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our family stayed here for 3 nights in two rooms. The location is right at the Charles Bridge (10 meters away) and many things are within walking distance. The rooms were modern, spacious, and well decorated with beautiful views. The service was excellent and attentive. There are many restaurants nearby and the center of Prague is only a 10 minute walk away. The hotel was quiet, which is a plus considering the amount of tourists that flow through the streets in Prague. The hotel restaurant was excellent and breakfast was great. One of the best hotels, location-wise, and ambience, we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: There are two buildings to the hotel, the Dependence is a quieter, but about 25 meters from breakfas...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband & I have just returned from a four night stay at the Pod Vezi and, having read recent reviews, I can't think of anything extra to add! Taxi service from the airport, location, food, helpful reception & restaurant staff, roof-top terrace views, plus the fact that, owing to new carpets being fitted in some of the rooms, we were upgraded to a suite! Overall, a wonderful experience.
Reception sells the tram tickets you need to visit the 'National Gallery Prague, Veletrzni Palac' for the Mucha exhibition & other wonderful art masterpieces. (They'll also give you all the directions you need!)

One tiny recommendation - get some 'laid back' jazz or suitable 'evening' music for the restaurant - instead of playing disjointed 'greatest hits' tracks, from decades ago!!

Room Tip: Room 22 - a suite - was delightfully quiet & spacious.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from Prague where we stayed in this fabulous hotel with our teenage children. The hotel is situated in an ideal location close to the Charles Bridge on the castle side of the river which meant we were centrally located and could walk everywhere. The hotel arranged for us to be picked up from the airport and when we arrived they had upgraded my husband and I to a better room so that we were next to our children. The staff were fantastic, the room was lovely and the location superb. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, you must stay at the Pod Vezi if you go to Prague!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Julia C
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed at the Pod Vezi for 3 nights in April 2013, and can't praise or recommend it highly enough. The hotel is beautiful and intimate, with lovely spacious rooms, great breakfasts, and very pleasant and helpful staff. The location is fantastic, located at the Castle side of the river right next to the Charles Bridge, so you get the ease of being in central Prague without the noise of the crowds or traffic. The hotel is located in the area Malostranska, which has plenty of cosy and atmospheric bars and restaurants, and the rest of Prague is 2 minutes walk away, just across the bridge. We really enjoyed our stay; the city itself is gorgeous, and Hotel Pod Vezi the perfect base. On a practical note, if arriving from the airport, it is very easy to get to the hotel using public transport. We used a 3-day pass, on the 119 bus from the airport to Dejvica and then the metro to Malastranska. If returning to Prague, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Pod Vezi again.

2 Thank RJAll
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

Could this be the best hotel in Prague? I can answer this question with one word YES. From the time we arrived (late due to a delay) to the last time we walked through the door we were treated perfectly. We had room number 34 which is VERY spacious and has beautiful views. The hotel is 30 steps from Charles Bridge (40 if you got little legs like me) and is a great base for sight seeing this stunning city. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I couldn't get the internet to work so phoned reception to explain. Within 5 minutes a gentleman came to the room and righted the problem. Nothing was to much for the staff. We were given lots of information which was greatly appreciated e.g. where to change money, trips etc.
We decided to eat in the restaurant for the first night as we were very tired .Not only was the food stunning but you have 15% discount. We loved the food so much that we ate there on the next night also. My husband ordered the Lamb Knuckle (shank) and I had the Wild Boar Goulash. I'm a fussy eater but loved the food. It is just the little actions that make your stay special .An example of this is that your coat would be put on a hanger and placed into a cupboard and when your meal was finished, the manager would collect your coat and hold it for you to put on. Everyday, when we got back to our room there was a gift left for us. Chocolate, fruit platter and a little bottle of wine and biscuits.Lovely touch. We were also given a voucher for free coffee and crepe.
I will be going back to Prague ONLY if there is room at POD VEZI!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: this is not a tip for a good room but please be aware!!!!!!If you use the public transport, we used...
1 Thank michelle3663
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I spent a long weekend in this fabulous hotel with my 21 year-old daughter in January 2013. Having been to Prague many times on business and as a frequent traveller to the large chains, I was looking for a more "local" flavor for her first time in the city. THe reviews on Trip Advisor were so positive I thought I would try it out and was not disappointed. Large, clean rooms, great, central location, excellent restaurant, but most importantly, a truly welcoming staff that seemed sincerely concerned that we find our hotel experience, and indeed our Prague experience, to be a happy one. With no question i will return to this hotel the next time I am in Prague, including for business!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Geoffrey B
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

Just returned from my 2nd stay at this lovely hotel. I can't recommend Hotel Pod Vezi more highly.

Perfect location being at the foot of the Charles Bridge and being equidistant between the Castle/Cathedral and the Old Town. (10 minute walks).

My friend and I were both given complimentary room upgrades on arrival. :-)
We were located in the main hotel which is perfect as we didn't need to go outside to reach the restaurant.
The bedrooms have just been refurbished and are of the highest quality. I had room 32 and would recommend it. Light, airy and quiet. The large beds are extremely comfortable with good quality bedding, the rooms are of perfect temperature (I don't like a stuffy or cold room), have plenty of storage, free inroom safe (use your own debit/credit card for swipe access), tea/coffee making facilities provided, large tv (already tuned in to BBC world service), plenty of chairs, side tables, good natural lighting. The bathroom is well equipped with power shower over the bath (though I did manage to turn mine into a wet room due the shower screen being quite small and me liking a powerful shower!), hairdryer, lots of complimentary toiletries which are restocked every day. Nice heated full length towel rail to warm up your towels and towelling dressing gown (provided). Free slippers were heaven to put on after trudging around the cobbled streets of Prague.

Every night we were left with a "little something" in the room. From a painted Easter egg and hand made chocolates, to handmade biscuits, a platter of prepared fruit and a small bottle of sparkling wine. A lovely touch and very much appreciated.

Free wifi to the rooms is provided. Mine became faulty but upon reporting it to reception, it was fixed immediately.

The restaurant is extremely good value, as residents you get 15% discount. Excellent quality and good service. Strong emphasis on local cuisine which I personally prefer.

The hotel will store your luggage for you before and after check in which allows you to maximise your time in Prague.

With regards to the Hotel Pod Vezi staff, they are FABULOUS! Young, professional, very friendly, warm and welcoming, perfect English. Nothing is too much effort for them. Real 5 star service from everyone. They make you feel wanted and special. A particular thank you to receptionist Martin C, for making the stay so enjoyable. He is an absolute gem!

I'll be back for a 3rd visit and I can honestly say that it's the staff and hotel that make staying in Prague so special.

Congratulation HPV, you are truly an exceptional hotel!

Room Tip: Room 32 is light and airy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends