Hotel Pod Vezi
Priceline
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
3,153 results
All reviewscharles bridgethe main hotelannex buildingwaffle makersmall bottle of sparkling winefruit basketold townperfect locationhotel restaurantroof terracelittle touchesmala stranalesser townwonderful hotelhotel guestsprague castleroom was large
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Stayed four nights in this hotel during April 2013.
Best possible location, we explore the town walking from the hotel. 5 minutes to the public transport if you prefer not to walk.
Great staff – professional, nice and helpful.
Nice breakfast, nice rooms (we stayed in the Dependence building in Superior room, booked since the standard wasn’t available) – simple, spotless and comfortable.
The nice bonus was the little treats each day – nice touch.
Definitely would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This hotel is FAR better than it looks in the pictures. As everyone says, the location is perfect, but the staff are even better, so friendly and helpful. also, I like the fact they leave you along and the cleaners don't come knocking on the door at 9am to clean out the room. they really could do not enough for us and i would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone who like me want a bit of character and does not like chain hotels. The breakfast was fine, nothing exciting, but perfectly acceptable. we didnt eat there for lunch or dinner but there is so much to choose from nearby there was no need.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Pod Věží Depandance which is opposite the main hotel and more like an apartment. we stay at the top in a loft room with lovely wooden beams and high ceilings . the room was huge with a king size bed and a separate lounge area - its really was lovey. I was here on pleasure not work so not bothered about lack of desk.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauraashleyfr
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I spent a total of five nights spread out in two visits. I was in the "depandance" building both times, which was just fine. The short walk to the breakfast room outside was no big deal. I was in the back of the "depandance" building, which meant there was no view, but the rooms were utterly quiet, which is all I really look for in a hotel. The rooms were clean and well designed. The staff was really knowledgeable. Usually, that sort of thing isn't important but in this case it helped out on a number of occasions. We had to leave at 4:00 a.m. for the airport and the taxi they arranged was ready and waiting, and for a very fair price. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the metro and a 2 minute walk to a tram stop. I used both frequently. I also walked to the Old City in about 10 minutes. I have nothing negative to say about the Pod Vezi. I wish there was a hotel like this in every City I stayed in.

Room Tip: If you value quiet, ask for a room at the back of their secondary building, which they call the "depandance" building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vulpine
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I travel a lot and have to say this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at that isn't "a brand". The hotel staff asked me to rate their stay and I signed up for Trip Advisor just so I could rave about the hotel. The rooms are simple, CLEAN and with all the amenities you need. The location couldn't be better.
The food in the main restaurant was very reasonably priced and very good. We had 3 rooms and all had nothing but positive experiences.
I cannot say enough about how accommodating and caring the staff was to all our needs and requests - from easily arranged taxis to pick us up, surprise food in our rooms and general interest in our well being.

Room Tip: Single twin rooms are still airy and not cramped. Surprising for a small hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KimberlyL1013KX
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We booked for 3 nights in April, originally in a standard double room. At our arrival, we were told that we had been upgraded to a superior room and that "for sure we would enjoy it". This room was located in the second building, and we were already expecting great amenities. However, once in there, there was really nothing special: a king-size bed (very comfortable that's true), a wooden cupboard and another wooden stuff where the fridge was. Apart from that, a mini-ridiculous table with two uncomfortable chairs, and space to dance waltz in the room. However as we were here partly for work, the mini table was not big enough for the laptop computer + keyboard, and we were really missing at least one nice armchair. What's the point of having so much empty space in a room? Also, when booking, there was clearly a proper desk in picture, so we were expecting much more.
Bathroom was good.
Location is great, but from the second building, no view at all.
They offer you chocolates/fruit in your room, which is a very nice treat.
The breakfast is fine, but I had nicer breakfasts in other hotels already.
Internet works good enough for work.
Main restaurant serves good food, creperie is horrendous but that diserve its own post.

Room Tip: Ask for the main building, I don't know if you will get a desk but at least you should get views! And avoid at all cost the restaurant "creperie".
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple