Hotel Pod Vezi
US$364
US$277
Preferred Hotels
3,091 results
All reviewscharles bridgethe main hotelannex buildingwaffle makersmall bottle of sparkling winefruit basketold townperfect locationhotel restaurantroof terracelittle touchesmala stranalesser townwonderful hotelhotel guestsprague castleroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Large room very nice and well equipped, great location at the foot of the Charles Bridge, efficient service, and best price we found. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller building which had an elevator. It is just around the corner from the reception area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at foot of Charles bridge in this boutique hotel. Perfect location. Exceptional staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. After staying at many hundreds of hotels on 6 continents, this is near the top. Highly recommend this small venue.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I expect value for money and good customer service as standard, and so when I get both, that's business as usual for me. So when I am moved to write a review it's usually because one or both of those things have been surpassed, and with Hotel Pod Vezi that was certainly the case.
If you are looking for a high quality hotel, in the perfect location, with superbly friendly and helpful staff then look no further.
Tucked away on the 'old town' end of the Charles Bridge you are perfectly placed to access all the key sights of the city. Everything is within a few minutes walk of the hotel, so you don't need to even think about transport, although the excellent tram system has a stop just around the corner.
So we picked the hotel for its location and we not disappointed. We also picked it because it looked full of character and it certainly was. We stayed in the Independence part of the hotel, which is a 10 second walk from the main hotel. The rooms were very well appointed and exceedingly clean, and yes, full of that character we wanted.
For an amazingly competitive price we got a huge double room, and they even threw breakfast in as well. And breakfast is not one of those cheap few bits of break and cheeses type that you get in some hotels, there was everything you could possibly want from a buffet style, and all served in beautiful surroundings.
But above everything else it is without doubt the staff who make this a superb hotel.
They just cannot do enough for you; nothing is too much trouble.
They organised taxis to collect us at the airport and to return us at the end of the trip. They helped with enquiries we had about going to an ice hockey match (and this was all before we'd even started our trip!).
Then whilst at the hotel, they provided us with maps and advice about getting around the city. They organised tickets we wnanted to get for an event we saw advertised. They even provided me with a bottle of champage for my birthday, without anyone in our party requesting it.
The staff were just genuinely delighted that we'd chosen their hotel to stay at and made our stay absolutely perfect.
So, if you think all of the above is too good to be true, well go ahead and try this hotel for yourself, because all the other people who've stayed and written glowing reports on Trip Advisor aren't wrong either

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I'm sure it's from an antiquated sense of loyalty that I write this review. I want desperately to keep the Pod Vezi a secret ... for me to know... and well, you can just go elsewhere... find your own special place in Prague. Like I did. Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!
But then, if no one speaks of the wonders of this perfectly sized, brilliantly positioned hotel, it could go out of business, and then where would I be, when I want to return to this wondrous city?
So yes, I love the Pod Vezi. I loved our L-shaped room (or should I say, suite?). Beds and pillows were like home. No Princess and the pea stuff for me here! Buffet breakfasts - yummy. And Eva, the Pod Vezi's manager, always smiling, helpful, and professional, is worth her weight in gold bullion. She should be hired by the Prague Marriott Hotel to train their staff - but no, Eva... please don't be tempted by the koruna devil... Stay put. Your clientele and staff love you. I certainly hope the owner of the Pod Vezi does too.
My husband and I could not praise this establishment enough. It is indeed, all things, to all travellers.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Friends of ours stayed in the newer quarters and their room was excellent. But, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. We opted for a suite ... and well, it was beyond our expectations. Fabulous value for our tourist dollar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Pod Vezi. The hotel and staff exceeded all our expectations.......it was our wedding anniversary and they helped us to celebrate in style. We ate in the restaurant and the Cafe creperie (hotel guests get 15% discount) and the food and staff were first class. The location is wonderful and the hotel very clean and comfortable.... we can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: We chose a deluxe room.
Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple