“An opulent yet intimate gem tucked away in a charming part of town”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #26 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 17 June 2011

What a delightful, beautiful, and interesting hotel--it was the perfect first stop on our Honeymoon. The rooms are all different, named after historic Bohemian rulers. We stayed in the Archimbaldo suite, and it was delightful. Each room is outfitted with large comfortable beds, and lovely touches such as chandeliers, vaulted goldleaf ceilings, and period furniture and art. The breakfast was included in our stay, and in addition to a buffet there were hot food options all of which were very tasty. The restaurant/bar in the hotel is beautifully decorated, and the dining room itself is worth the trip as the entire room is covered in mirrored glass mosaic. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and everyone spoke English which was nice for us. The hotel is located on a small street a short walk from the Charles Bridge. The neighborhood is quiet and charming, yet close enough to walk to anything we wanted to see. Highly recommended, and when I travel to Prague again I will definitely be staying here.

Room Tip: See website for special packages & photos
3  Thank Zeep234
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Dear Madam /Dear Sir,
We are really thankful for your positive feedback . We love to take care of every details to turn your stay unforgettable.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back very soon to offer you our undivided attention.
Warm regards,
Lucie and colleagues.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

This small hotel satisfied all expectations. The staff were polite and serviceminded, and at the same time informal and friendly. The room really made us feel like royals, and matched the city atomsphere perfectly. We also had a work out and a wonderful massage at the sister hotel, just 5 min walk from the residence. But the most memorable was indeed the breakfast in the moody hotel restaurant, where you in addition to the buffet get a hot dish of your choice with eggs or french toast.
The location is just 5 min walk from the charles bridge, and within walking distance from both the castle and the historical city centre. The norwegian ambassy is in the neighbour building.

It costs a bit to stay at the Alchymist Residence, but it is just perfect if you want to give yourself an unique experience!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2011

Dear Madam / Sir

Thank you very much for your kind words. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a fantastic service experience. I have passed your comments on to my brilliant team. I look forward to personally welcoming you on your next stay.

Warm Regards,
Lucie and colleagues

Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in May. It is located about 10-15 min walk from George Bridge and is close to other places such as the Castle. We also walked to the Old Town including the Opera House near Wenceslas Square without difficulty. The hotel is 'old world' and the rooms are very appealing. The breakfast was adequate and the restaurant offers French cuisine and was very good. There are other good restaurants also described on Trip Advisor located nearby.The staff were very obliging and friendly. I would stay at this hotel again should I be fortunate to return to Prague again.

Dear Madam / Sir,
Thank you very much for choosing the Alchymist Residence Nosticova for your stay in Prague and for your valuable feedback. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
It will be nice to welcome you back one day.

With our kindest regards,
Lucie and colleagues.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

So my rooms are beautiful, stunningly beautiful and opulent......the bed is soft, the sheets crisp.......fluffy towels...... a bathroom to luxuriate in...... and I lie here wondering what will happen next......

A charming man from the hotel collected me from the airport..... the hotel staff are delightful, my rooms are simply stunning...... I feel as if I am 18 and in a very romantic Fairy Tale. I am in love with this man and this is the hotel and city to feel very in love..... my heart is pounding and part of me feels excited, part of me feels shy and this is so very romantic......

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LKP_10

Dear Madam / Sir,
We are very happy you had good feelings from your stay in our Residence. Hope you will come to refresh your memories in the future again.
Thank you very much for your review.
With best regards,
Lucie with colleagues.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

What can I say about the Alchymist Residence Nosticova that hasn’t already been said?? Our experience here was one of the best things about our stay in Prague. We stayed 6 nights and were thrilled with every single aspect of this hotel.

The hotel is located in Mala Strana, which (in my opinion) is the best neighborhood to stay at in Prague. It’s away from the madness of Old Town, yet near enough to access it easily (10 minutes from the Charles Bridge). It’s located on a quiet street so there’s no street or bar noise. We stayed in the Mozart suite and it was fabulous- spacious and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfortable, it made getting up in the morning a challenge! The large bathroom had practically all brand-new appliances, an excellent shower head and water pressure (very important!). Every part of the hotel is tastefully decorated, from the lobby to the spiral staircase (make sure to say hi to JC if you take the stairs!) to the dining room.

Speaking of the dining room…WOW!!! What an amazing place to have breakfast every morning (they serve dinner as well). The breakfast spread was excellent, with fresh pastries, yoghurt, fruit, cereal, meats and cheeses. On top of that, you could have made-to-order eggs or omelets, a really nice touch.

The best thing about the Alchymist were the people. Everyone we encountered was so helpful and kind, and we particularly enjoyed seeing Edi every morning at breakfast.

We cannot wait to return to Prague and stay at the Alchymist again!

Room Tip: Ask for the Mozart suite!
2  Thank theworldiswide
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2011

Dear Madam / Sir,

I am glad you had an enjoyable experience at the Alchymist Residence Nosticova.
Thank you for your complimenting review of whole my team. I will share your positive feedback with them as well .
I hope your next stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.
With my best regards,
Lucie Nizka and colleagues

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Not to sound like a broken record, but this hotel was fabulous! Impeccably clean, flawless and charming service, beautiful furnishings, historic, convenient, quiet--what more can I say? We asked for a room with two beds--very comfortable. We stayed for four nights--a dream vacation!

2  Thank ann_dalpiaz

Dear Madam / Sir,

Thank you for staying at the Alchymist Residence Nosticova and for taking your time to write this review.
It was a great joy to read your valuable feedback and nice comments about the hotel and its services.
I do hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and to offer you our undivided attention.

Warm regards,

Lucie Nizka and colleagues

Reviewed 27 May 2011

We loved it here -- particularly all of the staff who did what they could to make our stay nice, make suggestions of things to do, kept the bar open for us when we arrived late the first night... Our rooms were comfortable and well furnished. The bed was good. The location is excellent -- we had stayed in Prague before but on the other side of the river and this was just as good.

The only small glitch was that we were in one part of an interconnecting room and there was quite a lot of noise from the group next door which seemed to come through the door a little. But that was no big deal and it didnt affect a great stay there -- if you are a light sleeper, I am sure that they would move you if that happened and was a problem. So all in all, we had a great stay there and would be very happy to go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank vague travellers

Dear Madam / Sir,

We are very happy reading that we managed to satisfy your needs and meet your expectations. It is truly rewarding for us to see that we please our guests in every aspect as we love to take care of every detail to make your stay unforgettable.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back one day.

With my kindest regards,