“Stay Here If Travelling to Prague!”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #31 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I, along with 2 other couples recently stayed at this LOVELY hotel and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a “home away from home” while on holiday. The Alchymist is more like staying with your friends.family rather than staying at your typical hotel. It is small and quaint and the staff will do everything they can to make you feel warm and welcome, like family. It is situated on a quiet street, but within a few minutes’ walk to the hustle and bustle of the Charles Bridge and the liveliness of Prague. The breakfast is top notch, consisting of several fresh squeezed juices, a wide selection of meat and chesses, fresh fruits, any egg dish you can think of can be made for you, and a huge hit amongst my family members was the homemade yogurt. The staff will make you again, feel like family during your breakfast experience. So much so, that once you order from Nazar on your first day, when he sees you on your second day, he will already have your specialties (be it your customized egg dish, whichever coffee you prefer, an extra yogurt for your room etc) prepared without even having to ask. That’s service!!
The daily drink in the restaurant is a nice treat to come back to and relax before you go out and hit the town again, or settle in your beautiful room. Dinner at the restaurant is a must in my opinion, such a gorgeous setting with fantastic food and wonderful service. (Do you see the commonality – the service here cannot be beaten!)
My only one complaint, albeit VERY minor, is that our particular room had very little counter space in the bathroom, which having traveled extensively through Europe, I know is common, but having seen my family members other 2 rooms, we were disappointed, BUT everything else was so spectacular in this hotel, that the counter space didn’t even matter. All in all, if you are looking for a great place to stay while in Prague, stay here and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If staying with more than one couple/family, book the Suite Blanche of Valois (the 2 Deluxe rooms ar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Siena10-15-10
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. I was so glad to read your feedback following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I am very proud that my team delivered the best levels of hospitality to you and that we met your expectations overall. We would be more than happy to welcome you back as our dear guest anytime in a future and in this case please contact me personally.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have stayed at the Alchymist Nosticova on our past two recent trips to Prague. The experience is truly 5 star! The rooms are gothically decorated and are spacious. The staff at front desk are very eager to assist with restaurant reservations, etc. We have used the driver service provided by the hotel to pick us up and take us to the airport and train station alike. The bar is a fun place to wind down after a busy day sightseeing or have a drink before or after dinner. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Prague!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Melanie and Jim,

thank you for taking the time to post such an amazing review about your stay with us! Me and all my team were delighted that we, once again, met your expectations especially with our room setting, location and hotel service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with a further booking with our hotel!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I spent a short time at this hotel, which was in an excellent location as well as being beautiful with wonderful staff. I loved the walk through cobbled streets to the Charles Bridge which meant easy access to the centre of town while at the same time being in a quiet area on the same side of the river as the castle.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your beautiful words regarding your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I really do appreciate the time of posting your impressions of the hotel. We all are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would me more than happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I spent 3 or 4 nights at this hotel last July and couldn't be happier. We were expecting a little hotel that was just ok, but were very surprised when we arrived. It is little, but it's very well decorated, very comfortable, clean and the staff could not be more friendly or helpful. Apart from that, their restaurant is absolutely beautiful and I think not many people know about it. Nothing better than walk around the city all day long and come back for a wine in this beautiful set up. Also, we loved the location! It's very close to everything but in a quiet street. I travel a lot and I don't always give 5 stars to a hotel, but this one definitely deserves it. For those who don't agree, I think it's because they prefer bigger hotels and that's not what you'll get on this one. This is a small luxury hotel where the staff will actually pay attention to your needs and where you can get a feel of "home" at the end of the day. If

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

I'm very grateful for such a kind words posted on your stay with us. It was great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially the hotel atmosphere, location, restaurant and staff service were to your liking. Please do come and join us again in the near future! I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

five starts? NOT!
came back from touring Czech republic and got this hotel from luxury link as 5 star. you have to ring the door bell to get in to the hotel. It is more like an appartment building with just rooms to let. Building has no lobby to speak of . Our room was supposedly a suite (a bed and 2 chairs) more like a regular hotel room with ornate gold painted furniture. Asked the front desk for restaurant info the answere was I do not know not let me find out. the location was ok not the best. the only thing that was 5 star on this hotel was the price I paid.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kay120953
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Madam Minakyan Houry,

I am very disappointed to read that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, in relation to both the Hotel and its facilities.

I am unsure of your personal experience with apartments buildings, but I would like to explain our many Tripadvisor readers a little more about our property. Our 5* Boutique Hotel is situated in a historical house from 1617 located in the UNESCO historical area and does not have a large, commercial entrance, as you would expect from one of the big Hotel chains. We do, however, have a private entrance, where you will always be greeted by our doorman day and night. You will then be lead into our lobby area, where you will find the reception open 24hrs and a bar.

The Junior Suite you had booked is 38m2 (around 415 square feet) and this is typical in size for a room in the category. I would like to point out that we include a full 24 hour service, valet parking, daily turn down service, minibar, free wifi, a 7series BMW hotel transfer car, entrance to the Health Club etc. I do not believe you would find these facilities in an apartment building.

Your comment about a restaurant suggestion is difficult to understand. I believe our skilled, professional and experienced receptionists were merely reacting to a specific request for which they needed to filter the options. We are fortunate to have the same reception team for the last five years and therefore their knowledge of the area is very detailed.

Even if we receive so many great and complimentary comments from visitors all over the world, as a 5 star Hotel we always welcome constructive criticism to keep improving, but we feel in this instance your feedback is unfair, incorrect and misleading.

Regards,

Lucie Nizka
Hotel manager

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have just returned from a short stay in this delightful and peaceful hotel in a great location in Prague. Not only is the building and decor truly amazing but, above all, the staff were some of the very best we've ever come across anywhere in the world. They work together as a team, always with huge friendly smiles and were utterly professional in everything they do. They were exceptional - I can say no more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff S

Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to hear that all the team did such a great job once again and I passed to them all your kind words with a real pleasure. Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

What's fantastic: the location, the breakfast, the help. What's very good: the room.

We really enjoyed heading back to the quiet side of the river every night. Really, the hotel is just a short, romantic walk from Charles Bridge and the hustle on the other side. Breakfast was a big surprise as was the staff. I really enjoyed meeting all of them. Oh, head to Kalina for dinner. Very nice

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYSEYork_Maine

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Alchymist Nosticova Palace for your stay in Prague and thank you for your time taken to post this amazing review. Me and all the team were delighted to read that you loved the location and the hotel was to your liking as well, especially the staff and breakfasts. It will be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you back at Alchymist Nosticova Palace soon.