“Awesome hotel. We will certainly be back”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #28 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel was not overly expensive, and for the room rate was great value for money. The staff were so lovely and helpful, they even organised chocolates and champagne for my wife on her birthday. Most thanks to Martin and Zuzane on reception. We stayed in the attic suite and the room was luxurious and the bathroom sublime.

I read a review on this site that said the hotel was dated. I totally disagree, it is decorated in Renaissance style and fits in very well with the whole city. Prague is old after all.

The hotel is well situated within easy walking distance to the old town and castle. I would definitely recommend this hotel and my wife felt so special she wants to go back next year.

Stayed: November 2013
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions on your recent stay with

us. It is a real pleasure for all the team to learn that the hotel’s value, room, services and location

were of your satisfaction and to read that your wife enjoyed her birthday’s celebration with us.

Zuzana And Martin were very honored by your kind words. It will be always our great pleasure to

welcome you back at Alchymist Nosticova Palace and our magical city. In this case I will be more than

happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have stayed in many first class hotels all over the world--this is truly one of the best. The service is incredible-rooms are huge (we had a suite as we were traveling with our daughter) and the breakfasts each morning were fantastic. The hotel is really conveniently located, but out of the real touristy area. A friend had recommended it to us and I was skeptical it could be as good as she claimed but it was beyond her praise. I would not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank JWtraveler1

Dear Madam, Sir,

I'm very grateful for this beautiful words regarding your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace.

It was great to hear that you visited us on the basis of your friend‘s recommendation and your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Please do come and join us again in the near future! I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

From Peter's warm greeting at the airport after 27 hours of travel, to the excellent welcome of champagne on arrival and thoroughly great service from Zuzana, Dasa and the rest of the staff, we loved staying here. All food was great, from breakfasts with local produce and fantastic coffee (once it was explained we like espresso type and not filtered coffee), complimentary wine and tasting plate in the bar in the evening and dinner at the restaurant, we could not fault a thing.

We also availed ourselves of the spa facility at the Alchymist Spa just down the road, and wished we had booked 3 or more 4 extra nights to truly indulge. We will definitely be making a return visit to the Alchymist Nosticova on our next holiday to Europe and staying longer to savour the ambience and service. It is in a great location with only a short walk to many of Prague's tourist attractions.

As someone that had never travelled outside Australia, I worried about not speaking anything but English. I needn't have worried. All staff conversed with us as naturally as I would encounter at home. It really made our stay easy to relax and enjoy. Thanks for making the start of our honeymoon so enjoyable.

My only tip is we initially found the rooms very warm, and didn't find all the heaters to adjust them cooler until we almost were ready to leave. The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping efficient and unobtrusive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor! I was very glad to read all your comments following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. For me and all the team it is rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and we are honored that you chose our hotel for such a special occasion! We wish you all the best and will be happy to welcome you back as our dear guest in a near future! For this purpose please contact me personally so I stay assured everything will be just perfect next time.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is a bit dated but in a great location as well as being intimate and relaxing. We enjoyed a few days there while taking in Prague this autumn. I recommend having the hotel pick you up at the airport for the 30 minute ride into the city. The hotel staff was wonderful, very helpful and constantly working to help people enjoy their experience in Prague. One evening we were tired and did not feel like going out for dinner so with low expectation made our way down to dinner in the hotel restaurant. Surprise! The chef was outstanding and the dinner excellent. It was a nice addition to our stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank J M
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to hear that all the team did such a great job once again and I passed to them all your kind words with a real pleasure. Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Alchymist Nosticova is more like a home than a Hotel. It is really small but it makes up in character and location. It is away from the hassles and noise of the old city, only a 5-10 minute walk from the Charles Bridge. You can also take the Number 22 Trolley a few minutes walk to the Prague Castle and be there in 15 minutes. Make sure that you buy a ticket prior to getting on the trolley as the system works on the honor system.

Dasa and Suasa were great a the front desk as well as our server at Breakfast. They really know the city well. They helped us with tickets with the Opera and Ballet and places to have dinner. The Hotel also provided pick up and return to the airport in their Mercedes and BMW. The drivers were great and very courteous.

The rooms we were specious and nicely decorated. I believe there are about 15 rooms total.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank silvertraveller50

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a good comments regarding your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I really do appreciate the time of posting your impressions of the hotel and it was a real pleasure to share your comments with my team. The boutique size of the hotel allow us to be in close touch with our guests all the time and to provide with best possible service in a short time. I am truly happy to hear that this works so well. I have also passed on your kind words to my great team including Dasa and Zuzana. Please do come and join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Prague is a beautiful city, but true hospitality is hard to come by there. Alchymist is one of those places. It's comfortable, clean and luxurious. And staff is ready to do anything in thier power to make you feel great.
I would like to thank everyone at the "Alchymist" for being welcoming and helpful.
I would have given a perfect score, but have to notice two areas that need improvement:
Breakfast is lack- luster.
Staff needs better training in giving advise about local places to eat- regular tourist spots can't count as qualified suggestions- I ask about local eateries in every town and usually get great suggestions.
By all means would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pumpkin1usa

Dear Madam, Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us however I was less than happy to read that you found the concierge advices not up to our usual high standards which I am looking in to. Thank you also for your breakfast opinion and I really do hope that you will join us again in the near future, where I am sure we will meet your expectations. In this case please do feel free to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I, along with 2 other couples recently stayed at this LOVELY hotel and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a “home away from home” while on holiday. The Alchymist is more like staying with your friends.family rather than staying at your typical hotel. It is small and quaint and the staff will do everything they can to make you feel warm and welcome, like family. It is situated on a quiet street, but within a few minutes’ walk to the hustle and bustle of the Charles Bridge and the liveliness of Prague. The breakfast is top notch, consisting of several fresh squeezed juices, a wide selection of meat and chesses, fresh fruits, any egg dish you can think of can be made for you, and a huge hit amongst my family members was the homemade yogurt. The staff will make you again, feel like family during your breakfast experience. So much so, that once you order from Nazar on your first day, when he sees you on your second day, he will already have your specialties (be it your customized egg dish, whichever coffee you prefer, an extra yogurt for your room etc) prepared without even having to ask. That’s service!!
The daily drink in the restaurant is a nice treat to come back to and relax before you go out and hit the town again, or settle in your beautiful room. Dinner at the restaurant is a must in my opinion, such a gorgeous setting with fantastic food and wonderful service. (Do you see the commonality – the service here cannot be beaten!)
My only one complaint, albeit VERY minor, is that our particular room had very little counter space in the bathroom, which having traveled extensively through Europe, I know is common, but having seen my family members other 2 rooms, we were disappointed, BUT everything else was so spectacular in this hotel, that the counter space didn’t even matter. All in all, if you are looking for a great place to stay while in Prague, stay here and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If staying with more than one couple/family, book the Suite Blanche of Valois (the 2 Deluxe rooms ar...