“Wonderful hotel, highly recommended”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #31 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for a short break in Prague and cannot recommend the Nosticova enough. The location is great, just a few minutes down cobbled streets from Charles Bridge. Staff were amazing, and service throughout couldn't have been more friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel feels fairly small and quiet and almost like you are staying at a luxury private apartment. Decor is very interesting with lots of fun, quirky touches (suit of armour by the lifts, a flying statue above the door in the breakfast room) and a consistent feeling of warmth, luxury and quality. Our room was immaculate (and we got a complimentary upgrade) and breakfast had everything you would want.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear David,

On behalf of all the team of Alchymist Nosticova Palace I would like to thank you for taking time and posting such a great comments on Tripadvisor! All the team miss you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back as our dear guest in a near future!
For a further booking I remain at your full disposal on the e-mail address manager@nosticova.com.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

After reading many reviews of different hotels in Prague, we settled on this one and it was everything we expected. The small boutique hotel is in a quiet and great location within a 10 minute walk to Charles Bridge and the castle district. We had a standard room that was on the small side but was beautifully decorated and had an old world ambience and marble bath. The hotel has actually two building across from one another. The main building has the restaurant and bar while the second building across the way had an outdoor garden/courtyard with tables and chairs. We did not use it as it was cold (in the 50's ) but I'm sure it would be a lovely place to relax at the end of the day. The restaurant has several rooms all with very different, interesting and ornately decorated rooms that is very romantic and intimate. Breakfast buffet was great and has both cold and hot items. A bit pricey but service was very attentive and friendly. The bar offers complimentary drink/ wine throughout the day. if you are looking for a quiet, romantic and old world small hotel that is close to many historical district, then you will enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stella L

Dear Stella,

I would like to thank you on behalf of all the team for taking the time to write such a lovely review, we appreciate it so much.
All your comments about the room, decor, location and hotel staff made my team very happy.
We are also happy that you joined our Wine & Cheese hour.
Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague

I was delighted that we met your expectations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Short and sweet: this was the best hotel we've ever stayed at. Perfect location in the center of everything yet totally calm and quiet, stunning building and rooms (we had Gothic Room), great breakfast and evening cocktails... but best of all, the most friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff I've ever experienced.

We travel all the time and have stayed in all sorts of 4- and 5-star hotels. None of them compete with this one. Best ever!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review!
I´m pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and that my team made you feel so welcomed and comfortable. We are also happy that you joined our Wine & Cheese hour and your stay with us was a memorable experience overall.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a near future!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My brother and sister in no state at this hotel on his birthday weekend. I contacted the hotel to help me to organize a surprise for his birthday. The staff at the reception was extremely helpful, Advised me exactly how to proceed.
Any further email communication was equally professional. The staff really goes out of their way to help with any matter. On our request they arranged a birthday cake and some sparkly. My brother was thrilled and so were we. If we were going to Prague this hotel would be my first choice!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank hec-mec W
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear hec-mec W :-),,

Thank you so much for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor! We were honored that you've had chosen our hotel for your brother's birthday and me and all the team are truly pleased that we satisfied your expectations in the fullest.

We hope to welcome also you personally one day as our dear guest, and for this purpose please do not hesitate to contacting me personally.

Lucie Nizka and colleagues

Reviewed 2 February 2014

the location by the Charles bridge is perfect: half way between the castle and the old town. service is excellent. afternoon tea a neat extra plus. calm surroundings, 2 steps from the bustle and hustle of Prague. Go here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank abcdef46756

Dear Madam, Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your positive feedback following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. It was really great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the location and afternoon drink were to your liking. I really do hope that you will join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Everything excellent in this small hotel!
Staff really kind and helpfull, beautiful room, nice breakfast, very clean room.
We left the hotel before 5:00 am but the staff prepared a small breakfast bag
for us, it was a nice surprise!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AMSPM

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
I was delighted to hear that my team did such a great job once again. I passed to them all your kind words with a real pleasure.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic weekend away in Prague and I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, the location is perfect, the staff go out of there way to help you and the décor is beautiful. I booked this hotel based on the ratings on TripAdvisor and we weren't let down, the hotel is situated in the centre of Prague in the Lesser Town near Kampa Island and everything is short walk away, close to Petrin Hill, Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. We stayed in the Anna Svídnická room on the third floor which had a lovely view of the castle, the room itself is in the eaves but was beautiful with antique furniture, gold chairs and a big bathroom.

We took advantage of the free airport transfer included with our booking to pick us up from the airport. We were early for check-in but as our room was ready they let us go up so we could unpack and settle in after our flight. The staff are very friendly and helpful and we were made to feel welcome from the very beginning. The continental breakfast was lovely and we also had the complimentary wine and cheese in the afternoons.

I booked the stay for my fiancée's birthday and when the staff realised it was her birthday, they left us a bottle of wine, chocolates and biscuits in our room, which we both thought was a lovely touch. On our final day after checking out, we waited in the bar for an hour before our taxi came to take us to the airport and were given complimentary drinks and snacks which we did not expect.

Overall it was a lovely trip and made even more special by the hotel and the staff. I would recommend this hotel highly and would definitely stay here again if we came back to Prague.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheTwoJays19

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor! We were honored that you've had chosen our hotel for your fiancée's birthday and me and all the team are truly pleased that we satisfied your high expectations in the fullest. We hope to welcome you back as our dear guest in a near future and for this purpose please contact me personally.