“Stunning”

Ranked #27 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Los Angeles, California
“Stunning”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I decided to treat myself to a nice hotel in the middle of a solo backpacking trip, and I am so glad I did. The hotel is absolutely stunning. Due to other travel plans, I unfortunately did not get to utilize much of the hotel (even the free breakfast, sadly) or the pool, but I never felt the need to leave my room. You instantly feel like royalty walking in. I ended up arriving pretty late at night, with only a backpack, so I am sure that the hotel staff could tell I was not their usual guest, but they were still completely friendly and welcoming (almost too much!). The room is just as beautiful as it looks in photos.

The one thing I did not like about the hotel is that the one person working at the desk has to come let you in, which for some reason felt a little awkward to me when I came back in around 2 am.

Overall, I highly recommend splurging for at least a night in this hotel. I will return to Prague one day simply to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Natalie W
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Natalie A,

thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace with us and the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to hear that – although very short – your stay with us exceeded your expectations and especially that staff and the decor of our rooms were to your liking.

Madam, please rest assured that by opening the door to our clients 24/7 we on no account mean to make you feel awkward or uncomfortable but on the contrary. Our staff is always pleased and eager to welcome you back to the hotel at any time of the day.

We will be more than happy to see you at Alchymist Nosticova Palace again in the future. This time – hopefully – for a longer period of time so you can enjoy all the delights both our establishment and the city of Prague have to offer .

Please feel free to contact me at any time to assist with a further booking with our hotel!

Warm regards,
Lucie Nizka
manager@nosticova.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel was lovely, the food (breakfast and cheese and wine) lovely, but what made this hotel one of the best I have ever stayed in, was the helpful, friendly staff that could not do enough for us. Nothing was any trouble everything was sorted immediately. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the Ground floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Elisabeth,

thank you very much for sharing your most appreciated opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
Since our staff is always doing their best to fulfill all of our guests´ requests immediately and in the most friendly, helpful and effective manner, I am particularly pleased you have highlighted them as the strongest element of our hotel. I will be sharing your kind words with all of the staff members and have no doubts they will be very happy to hear they managed to make such a good impression on you.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you to Prague again in the nearby future.

With kindest regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My girlfriend and I recently took a trip driving around east europe and stopped here for two nights. We arrived from Berlin and left on route to Krakow.

I have been to Prague a few times before and stayed at the four seasons, which is also nice but both hotels are completely opposite. The Alchymist Nosticova is by far my favourite hotel when staying in Prague as it feels really authentic and you really feel like your the King of Czech Republic. The drive we took to this hotel was beautiful all the streets were lined with fairy lights and the whole area is well lit. The entrance was very welcoming and the receptionist was beautiful and friendly and would try to do anything to help your trip go well. We got a parking ticket and she even helped speak to the local police and arrange a largely reduced fee to get the clamp removed. There are pictures on the wall in the entrance signed by some really famous actors and musicians who have stayed there and the rooms are magnificent. Ours was the attic in the roof and had a big jacuzzi bath. They arranged some Czech sparking wine which went down the hatch like a dream and arranged rose petals on the bed before arrival, they really go to extensive trouble to ensure your trip is a success. They arranged last minute reservations for us at some spectacular restaurants/bars. If you are on a romantic trip and you do not go to Kampa Park you are really missing out. Ive been all over the world and this is one of my favourite restaurants. Make sure you ask them for a table down by the water. To be honest even if you are upstairs it is spectacular. And if you want a cocktail bar you must go to Bugsy's in the posh area of town over the river. We got a horse and carriage there from the restaurant and have no idea how I got home but is always friendly and the drinks are superb. Bartenders have won awards for mixing cocktails and the price is unbelievably cheap.

The hotel is in a quiet side street right next to the charles bridge, even though we had a car we never used it we walked everywhere with ease. If you want to go up to the castle this is the perfect location to stay as most tourist sites are all close by.

Beds are big comfy and use nice fabrics. Interior of the hotel is very clean, pleasant and modern.
I believe this company has two hotels close by, we didn't travel to the other as we didn't need to but my girlfriend likes this hotel so much she made us take pictures of the room and decorated our bedroom in a similar style.

I debated for a long time where to stay in Prague and am so glad we chose the Nosticova.

I mentioned I stayed at the Four Seasons which is also a beautiful hotel but when you are inside you could be anywhere in the world, inside the Nosticova it feels like you are in a Royal Prague Castle and you are the King.

Enjoy Prague give it a go.

Room Tip: Attic was very nice and romantic. Had a big jacuzzi bath which many glasses of bubbly was enjoyed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lee P,

thank you ever so much for writing this lovely and detailed feedback on your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace!
I am thrilled to read you had such an exceptional time while staying with us and you enjoyed the helfpul and friendly service of our reception staff, the location of the hotel and its furnishings and decor.
We are always trying to make our clients feel special and I am more than pleased we have succeeded to do so with you and your girlfriend.

We will be delighted should you choose our hotel for your next visit of Prague!

My best regards,
Lucie Nizka
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After doing much research my husband and I decided to stay at the Alchymist Nosticova. We were in Prague for three nights and four full days. We arrive at the hotel at around 11am to be informed that our room was ready. We were taken up to this lovely room on the 2nd Floor (called Mozart) and were then offered a drink. They kindly brought up tea for 2 (we are British). The hotel is in a quiet location but close enough to everything that we wanted to see - other than a taxi to and from the airport we walked everywhere. Dasa on the front desk was incredibly helpful as well as very friendly but in saying that all the staff were helpful and also so welcoming even when I first made the reservation. There is not a lot to the hotel but what there is is perfect in every way. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear HappyTraveller364 :-),

our sincere thanks to you for sharing your experience from Alchymist Nosticova Palace with us and the TripAdvisor community.
I am delighted you have chosen our hotel amongst all the other possibilities within Prague and I am even more pleased we have managed to make your stay in here enjoyable.
The furnishings in all the rooms have been picked with a great care and our staff has been trained to attend to all the needs of our clients in a polite, friendly and helpful manner. Therefore it is great to know you have found both aspects satisfying.

We will be honored should you choose our hotel for your next visit to Prague.

With our kindest regards,
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Red velvet, gold paint, sparkling chandeliers, mirror and gem studded walls. This hotel is cosy with panache, small with grand aspirations. The staff are all enthusiastically welcoming and helpful. What could be better after a hard day's sight-seeing than a friendly welcome back and being ushered into the red and gold bar for a plate of Czech cheese and a crisp glass of wine?

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms lead off the entrance lobby and could be noisier than ones upstairs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Caroline
thank you very much for finding the time to express your opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
I am glad you liked the hotel´s staff´s attentive and helpful service, the hotel´s furnishings and decorations and that the afternoon wine and cheese tasting added up to the overall positive feeling of your trip to Prague.

We will be glad to welcome you to this beautiful city again in the future.

Warm regards,

Huntingdon
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I had chosen the hotel by looking at a wide range of reviews available across the internet and we were certainly not disappointed. The service from all of the staff was second to none, incredibly helpful and informative about their city and very attentive whilst being very discrete. The hotel is small but exquisite in its decor and very comfortable. Breakfasts are fabulous and set you up for the day and the complimentary cheese and wine available each evening was an added bonus and a great way to prepare for the evening in the cosy surroundings of the hotel.
The location too is excellent being just away from the hustle and bustle of the old town across the Charles Bridge with many nice restaurants (including Kampa Park) just a few minutes walk away.
We would not hesitate to recommend the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul S
Dear Paul S,

I would like to express my words of thanks for all the kind comments posted in your feedback.

I am certainly more than pleased we have managed to live up to your expectations and the Alchymist Nosticova Palace´s staff, decor, breakfast and also the evening complimentary wine and cheese tasting made your stay with us feel special.

I will be sharing your words with all the members of my staff and am sure they will appreciate them very much.

Should you be returning to Prague in the future we will be delighted to be your hotel.

With kindest regards,
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was not overly luxurious, and for the room amount was great worth for cash. The staff were so good-looking and co-operative, they even prepared chocolates and champagne for my wife on her birthday. Most cheers to Martin and Zuzane on greeting. We stayed in the garret suite and the room was comfortable and the restroom lovely.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Joyce,

thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your opinion on Alchymist Nosticova Palace.
I am truly glad you have chosen our property for the special occasion of your wife´s birthday and felt comfortable in the room provided.
Since all our staff is trained in providing the best service possible I am also pleased to read you considered them attentive and helpful. I will be forwarding your regards to all the staff members – including Martin and Zuzana.

We are already looking forward to your next visit to Prague and Alchymist Nosticova Palace!

Kind regards,