“Delicious room and an armoured knight in the stairway.”

Alchymist Nosticova Palace
Ranked #23 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Oslo
“Delicious room and an armoured knight in the stairway.”
Reviewed 20 April 2009

BIG rooms with lovely historical interiour. Great staff with the right personal touch to make you feel valuable and happy:)

Excellent SPA and fitness-area at the "sister-hotel" 10 min walk up the street.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank dandyP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tonsberg
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed two nights on my last business trip to Prague. Outstanding small hotell in beautiful quiet surroundings in the midle of prague. From a business trip point of view it was perfect. Relaxing, pleasant staff, excelent breakfast and with the garden restaurant, I really enjoyed the evenings after hard work.
The sister hotel, just a few minuts walk, has a fitnes center. Worked perfectly.
From a leirure point of view; I will be back! absolutly top romantic place! You will feel like a royalty!

Thanks for a perfect stay!

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Herman123
Germany (English)
Reviewed 18 April 2009

We spent a long time researching a Prague Hotel, worried that it may be like Venice and a minefield of over priced and unfriendly establishments. The research paid off and our fears were unfounded, we loved our 3 nights in a lovely room on the top floor with the added luxury of the use of a Kitchen area and lounge / foyer area all set behind our own 'front door'. The décor was theatrical, opulent and unique, our room positively dripped with Chandeliers! Our only disappointments were; the novice waiter on our 1st night in the Hotel Restaurant who was not aware of that night's choices of wines or dishes however, we did notice he was corrected by the head waiter who himself later served us. When checking out we were asked to pay extra (we'd paid in full to secure the offer price before we arrived) due to the exchange rate fluctuation! The receptionist was obviously embarrassed to ask us for the money and indicated other guests had complained about their policy too. We insisted she ask the Manager to withdraw the charge and after a phone call and a short wait the charge was waived. We would not want this aspect of our stay to put anyone off using the hotel; the location was excellent (Charles Bridge 5 mins walk) the room was large, bathroom superb and food very good.
We very much enjoyed our 3 nights in Prague and would love to return for longer to see more and would certainly use this hotel again which is located in a quiet side St. (parking opp. hotel, secure but expensive) in the Embassy area of the city.
We would also recommend spending time on the Castle side of the City away from the main bustle as the park and side streets are charming.
The Jazz Boat evening river cruise (the hotel booked it for us) was very good too and the Blue Whale Bistro around the corner offered very good food at reasonable prices if you fancy a night off the 5* eateries. Breakfast spots are easy to find too and all good. Stay away from the main Charles Bridge crush and you can find gems of restaurants and bars.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladyspin
Near Toronto
Reviewed 13 April 2009

This is a small boutique hotel with all the luxuries of a large hotel. Beds are very comfortable, bathrooms large with plenty of counter space.
Room was very spacious.
Towelswere thick and fluffy and bedding was top quality.
Provided slippers and bathrobes also top quality.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AllisonNearToronto
Marlborough, Wiltshire
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Just spent 5 days on business in Prague and wanted a more characterful hotel than the usual Hilton/Marriott etc. The Alchymist Residence has character and charm by the bucketful. The decor is lovely, the staff helpful and frindly and the price very reasonable. The location is also excellent - out of the really busy tourist areas around Wenceslas Square, but close enough to walk everywhere. If I return to Prague this will be the hotel I choose to stay in. There is a swimming pool spa and fitness centre at the sister Alchymist Grand Hotel 5 minutes walk away, but unfortunately I never got the chance to try them.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank sandra_curry
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I stayed at Alchymist Residence Nosticova from Jan. 3 to Jan.6 / 2009. I 've decided to travel to Prague after wanting this for a really loooong time, listening to friends' descriptions of its beauty. This hotel is equally beautiful !!!! I believe I could not have made a better choice. Located in the Embassies District, in a quiet yet lovely road, just five minutes walk from Charles Bridge. I had seen pictures of the rooms before my arrival but they do look astonishing at close quarters. Lovely furniture, extra comfortable bed, huge marble bathroom, romantic atmosphere, empire feeling! The best time of the day - coming back to the room after all day's walking around the city and feeling like a princess. Tasteful breakfast in a beautifully furnished restaurant - I did not enjoy a dinner at the hotel but I have no reason to believe it would not be delicious! Hopefully next time! The hotel staff was always at my disposal, trying to help in any way with kindness and smile. Thank you for everything Dasha - it was a pleasure knowing you...

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank Anastasia71
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 10 March 2009

My husband and I enjoyed a memorable post-New Year stay in Prague, thanks in large part to our choice of hotel. We stayed at the Alchymist Residence Nosticova from January 1 to 3. I booked a winter package that included a welcome bottle of wine and complimentary use--including one free massage--in their spa and Health Club at their sister Alchymist Grand Hotel. Everything was smooth and trouble free, from the reservation that I made over the web and by email (efficiently handled by Adela), the taxi pickup at the train station pre-arranged by the hotel (great for avoiding hassles of calling a taxi when you're already there, and you're sure to get a clean car), check-in and settling in the room. The train from Vienna arrives just before noontime, too early for the hotel check-in. No problem. We left our bags with the hotel staff and walked around the area. There are many restaurants a short distance from this hotel, open even on Jan. 1, since it's under ten minutes walking distance to Charles Bridge, the US Embassy area, and my favorite destination, the Church of Our Lady Victorious (Panny Marie Vítezné) in Malá Strana, which is a pilgrimage site for devotees of the infant Jesus of Prague (Santo Niño de Praga). After a leisurely lunch and a brief stop at the church, we were back at the hotel to check into the room. The complimentary red Moravian wine was excellent, and there was also a complimentary bottle of water.

Prague city holds a grand fireworks display over the Vltava river every year at dusk on Jan. 1 (as well as Dec. 31). By sheer luck we were in our room when the fireworks began, and we had a magnificent ringside view from the windows of our top-floor room (even from the bathroom window). Aside from the fireworks, this room had an unobstructed view toward the river area, and in daylight we could see the buildings lining both banks.

The hotel's restaurant is gorgeously decorated in Italian style. Unfortunately, it was closed for the season, so we only had breakfasts there. The antique furniture and opulent surroundings certainly added a touch of class to the generous breakfast fare that included cold and warm selections. My husband and I particularly enjoyed one of the
bread selections in their bread basket (can't recall the name now), which I learned was baked at their sister hotel. The staff at breakfast were attentive and prompt, but discreet.

I'm not sure if we got the standard room or something else. Our room on the top floor had a huge bathroom with bathtub, almost the same floor area as the bedroom (which is not small, by European standards; we and our luggage had plenty of space). All of the lighting in the bedroom and bathroom was provided by crystal chandeliers, what a luxury!

Instead of the small massage room in the Residence, we opted to walk a short distance to the sister Grand Hotel. I was not disappointed. The spa is HUGE! It had separate changing rooms with lockers for men and women. Guests are provided robes, towels and slippers for their stay. There's a choice of several kinds of Indonesian, Swedish and other styles of massage. There are dry and steam saunas. On a tip, we went at noontime which is the least busy time. In fact, there were no other customers, so my husband and I had the place to ourselves. The spa receptionists were very helpful in guiding me to select a massage, and as nobody was around even gave my husband any myself a tour of the facilities before we made an appointment for the massage. The masseuse was very professional.

Kudos to this fine hotel. We'll definitely be back, and we definitely recommend it.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple